Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky is good but not THAT good

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, February 28, 2015, 04:10:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

They're beatable. We're just playing like crap today. Hope to see a better 2nd half  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

TNhawgfan

Every team is beatable.  Doesn't mean we will though
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Pigliophile

Actually they are that good. Give a lot of credit to their D. I'm not saying they are unbeatable, but sheesh they look good.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 28, 2015, 04:10:00 pm
They're beatable. We're just playing like crap today. Hope to see a better 2nd half  :razorback:
They are not beatable when they are up to the challenge.  Definitely not beatable today.  They can't hit a shot either and we are still down 16.  Wait until they start hitting their threes.

Danny J

Yes....they are that good. When they show up and decide to play they are scary good. When they are playing their game, hitting shots, playing good D and not making a ton of mistakes they are unbeatable by any team in the country. They are only getting better and better.

Danny J

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on February 28, 2015, 04:13:04 pm
They are not beatable when they are up to the challenge.  Definitely not beatable today.  They can't hit a shot either and we are still down 16.  Wait until they start hitting their threes.

Hoggish1

They are THAT good but we are turning ourselves over with bad late and indecisive passes.

DoctorSusscrofa

If they aren't unbeatable, they're doing a good impersonation of it.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

lc480

Gonna be bad when they lose in NCCA big dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razorback_Mack

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: lc480 on February 28, 2015, 04:21:56 pm
Pretty sure they are winning it all.  Don't think anyone can beat them when they are serious about playing.  You realize they are playing poorly and shooting poorly and blowing a good team out right now

Razorod

From what I can tell, the only way to beat them is with elite level guards/wings who can rain  threes. We're 0'fer from the three line, you don't give yourself any chance against them at all if you're not hitting your three point shots.

Plus, I haven't seen KY play with this much energy for quite some time. For the most part, they've been yawning their way through the SEC.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: lc480 on February 28, 2015, 04:21:56 pm

Was thinking they only seem to get up for a hyped opponent...it's a harder task to accomplish every 24hrs in a tournament.

They need a loss before the big dance to get "streak" off their back.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BroyledNutts

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on February 28, 2015, 04:23:19 pm
Pretty sure they are winning it all.  Don't think anyone can beat them when they are serious about playing.  You realize they are playing poorly and shooting poorly and blowing a good team out right now

Duke can beat them...lots of BBIQ on their team...and good shooters...don't know they will, but they're better matched to compete with Kentucky. I have no idea who else can, however. One thing's for sure - Kentucky will not get away with the hooks, shoves, and muggings in the tourney...it will be interesting to see if the refs will cool Kentucky off in the NCAAs...

hobhog

We are not that good either. All relative

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hobhog on February 28, 2015, 04:31:48 pm

Yes those 23 wins in 28 games were all a fluke hobhog
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TeufelHog

Yes, they are beatable.  Just not by us, on this particular day.

RazorPiggie

Hogback

It's gonna take a bad game from Kentucky and a team like Duke, Arizona, Wisconsin to beat them.

Danny J

Quote from: hobhog on February 28, 2015, 04:31:48 pm
Yes....we are good. We are just not #1 in the country good.

razortv

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 28, 2015, 04:10:00 pm

Agree, but their advantage is they are well coached. That is what makes them pull out close games and prepare for games against the better teams.

If we can stay within 15 then it is a good day for the Hogs.

yraciv

Every team has cold shooting night, unfortunately we're having one and they aren't. Heads up though UK is going to have to have an awful night from the field because they out talent you at pretty much every position.

BigoBoys

If you are talking about their Track team you're right.  If you are talking about their basketball team, uneducated statement.

Killean

If they call fouls on Kentucky like they do on every other team, they'll lose in the tournament.

You get ARRESTED for doing some of the things Kentucky gets away with on the court.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Dr. Starcs

I mentioned their physicality a few weeks ago.

Nobody has a chance if the refs let them get away with it.

We could play Kentucky 20 times at Rupp this year, and might win 1.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pheine78

I think it comes down to a poor defensive night--they are shooting over 50% for goodness sakes.  Yes, much of it comes down to passing well and having folks that shoot the ball well, but geesh.  I didn't like how we were jacking up 3's to start the game, they just haven't been falling for us.  I think if we get another go at them it will be closer, as long as our D is on point and we hit a few more open shots.  Can we beat them?  Can anybody?  Sure, but whoever does it will have to be firing on all cylinders. 
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

BigoBoys

Gohawgs71

Wow Hogfan991 you really no nothing about basketball. They are that good, 9 McDonald All Americans  knucklehead

hogpc

Killean

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hogz87

Quote from: Kevin on February 28, 2015, 04:56:04 pm
Not sure who beats them. Maybe duke
Even Duke has some very glaring weaknesses.  They're a very bad defensive team and, despite having probably the best low-post scoring threat in the nation, tend to still do Duke things like fall in love with the 3-ball.  I think UVA might be one of the few teams with the style, discipline, and talent to compete with Kentucky.

b_stackhouse

If they shoot like they have shot today, and they play with this intensity on both ends, no one in the country keeps in within 15 points.

So I would say that are that good.

hoglady

They are THAT good.
They are head and shoulders ( talent wise ) better than any team in college.
Every team is capable of an off game - that's the only way anyone beats them.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BigoBoys

sage_dragoon

They're not 30 pts better than us. It amazes me the things that don't get called on the home team. Same goes for us when we're at home.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Pigsear

Ref's have nothing to do with the outcome of this game, Kentucky is damn good. Mike has us headed in the right direction, were just not there yet. A 20 point loss to these guys in Rupp is not going to hurt us.

CallThemHawgs!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggish1

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on February 28, 2015, 04:23:19 pm
You realize they are playing poorly and shooting poorly and blowing a good team out right now

Did you watch the game and have you seen any of their games this year?  KY played as well or better than they've played all year.

It will be interesting to get them again.  We will play better because of this game.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 28, 2015, 04:22:51 pm
9 nba players

Exactly.

They will only get beaten by themselves. There isn't a team in the country that can beat them if they play with heart, which they did today.

razorbackchamps94

They are good .. Still think they get beat in Elite 8 game

Breems

They're perfect. Literally. How do you know how good they are?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Breems on February 28, 2015, 05:27:36 pm
They're perfect. Literally. How do you know how good they are?
Won't get Past the second round in tourney.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

alohawg

They'll make the final4 and probably win it all.  :puke: They are what Alabama is to football in recent times.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Pigonometry

I will be curious to see if they get bailed out in a close game in the NCAAT by the refs.   The refs are human and know they are going for a perfect season. 
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Hogz87

Quote from: tusked on February 28, 2015, 05:23:01 pm
They win the NC this year.
They'll very likely have a 2009 UNC-esque run through the tourney where they're basically never challenged.

alohawg

I think UVA is the one team that could possibly knock them off.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Pigonometry on February 28, 2015, 05:35:07 pm
I will be curious to see if they get bailed out in a close game in the NCAAT by the refs.   The refs are human and know they are going for a perfect season. 

They will also be facing the fact they won't have SEC refs to call the game...will be interesting to see if they get away with the dirtiness with PAC, ACC, or Big East refs. This could be the great equalizer that could get Kentucky beaten...