Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're #21 in the AP Poll

Started by Hogfaniam, December 15, 2014, 10:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/ua2/2014

Here's how they voted.

Bob Holt is among three who put Arkansas at #18.

Only twelve of sixty-five did not vote for the Hogs including Seth Davis and the beat writer for Tennessee.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

How they voted.

Votes as high as #14.  One voter did not include Arkansas.

swinesation

Haha, one guy has us NR, behind Murray State and Dayton!

Rawker

Quote from: swinesation on February 16, 2015, 01:08:36 pm
Haha, one guy has us NR, behind Murray State and Dayton!

John Hampton must get a vote.

jbcarol

How they voted: all voted for the Hogs somewhere between #13 and #22.

hobhog

No movement. People still waiting to see how we finish.....

Nosboar Accubond

Combination of SEC reputation being down and folks waiting to see how we finish. Lots of close games and they're not sure. Gonna take a couple good seasons to fully shed some of the luggage. WPS

Arazorbackguy1

we now have a better record than Kansas
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Danny J

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on February 23, 2015, 10:13:56 pm
we now have a better record than Kansas
And OU and the same as Utah...all ranked higher than us. I saw where Lunardi has OU as a 4 seed. What?

intelligence

Quote from: Danny J on February 23, 2015, 10:28:07 pm
And OU and the same as Utah...all ranked higher than us. I saw where Lunardi has OU as a 4 seed. What?

Maryland is on the verge of blowing Wisconsin out. dez wells is tearing it up

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  9 hours ago

Just submitted AP Top 25 ballot, ranked Kentucky No. 1, Arkansas No. 19.

TomBigBeeHog

Poll just came out. We're still #18.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

40MINSOFHELL

jbcarol

jbcarol

opineonswine

Just win 2 this week and we will move up.  Louisville has a tough week though at home.

All Bleed Red

Very fair.  Won the game we should have won and lost to the best team in nation, remain where you were...  Two wins this week and we probably hit around #14-#15 going into the SEC Tourny.  Love it.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: All Bleed Red on March 02, 2015, 12:52:34 pm
Very fair.  Won the game we should have won and lost to the best team in nation, remain where you were...  Two wins this week and we probably hit around #14-#15 going into the SEC Tourny.  Love it.

Yeah, two wins this week and we are sitting pretty. Hope we shake off the KY loss and get ready for SC. Going to be a tough turnaround to come back and take on LSU. This is a critical week of games for the Hogs in terms of momentum going into the post season. Could be knocking on the door of the top 10 next Monday.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Top 25 Results from Friday, March 7

No. 8 Wichita State beats S Illinois 56-45  MVC MEN'S TOURNAMENT - QUARTERFINAL

No. 11 Northern Iowa 71-46 rout of Bradley  MVC MEN'S TOURNAMENT - QUARTERFINAL

No. 25 Murray State rallies, beats Morehead State 80-77  OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE MEN'S TOURNAMENT - SEMIFINAL

No. 14 Baylor rallies past last-place Texas Tech 77-74

Oliver

Quote from: Danny J on February 23, 2015, 10:28:07 pm

Well they can win their home games.  And against ranked teams.  Shocking!

Danny J

Quote from: Oliver on March 07, 2015, 05:33:10 pm
Well they can win their home games.  And against ranked teams.  Shocking!
And LSU can win at #20 WVU from the Big 12...shocking!!!!

PS...we are one of only 13 teams with 3 or more top 50 RPI road wins and 6-3 or better against Top 50 RPI teams.

Again...top 20, 5 seed, 6 wins on the road in the SEC, 1 at top 20 SMU and 24-7 overall. Remind us again before the season what you predicted?

Oliver

Quote from: Danny J on March 07, 2015, 05:43:57 pm
And LSU can win at #20 WVU from the Big 12...shocking!!!!

PS...we are one of only 13 teams with 3 or more top 50 RPI road wins and 6-3 or better against Top 50 RPI teams.

Again...top 20, 5 seed, 6 wins on the road in the SEC, 1 at top 20 SMU and 24-7 overall. Remind us again before the season what you predicted?

nothibg you said excuses today.  Good try though

Danny J

Quote from: Oliver on March 07, 2015, 05:47:18 pm
nothibg you said excuses today.  Good try though
Why do you need an excuse? You do understand there is a reason games are played? LSU was better than us today. Just like Ole Miss was when they spanked us. I guess that is why CMA fixed that problem and we then beat them on their home court. If we played them again we would win. I have no doubts. This team is confident and mentally tough. Does that mean we are perfect? No. Final four good? No. We are a good team. Legit top 20 good. We are not so good we can't lose to another top 100 RPI team. We haven't lost to a sub 100 team all season.

Oliver

Quote from: Danny J on March 07, 2015, 06:03:10 pm
Why do you need an excuse? You do understand there is a reason games are played? LSU was better than us today. Just like Ole Miss was when they spanked us. I guess that is why CMA fixed that problem and we then beat them on their home court. If we played them again we would win. I have no doubts. This team is confident and mentally tough. Does that mean we are perfect? No. Final four good? No. We are a good team. Legit top 20 good. We are not so good we can't lose to another top 100 RPI team. We haven't lost to a sub 100 team all season.
We lost to an inferior team today.  Rationalize it however you want.  It's inexcusable to me

Danny J

Quote from: Oliver on March 07, 2015, 09:11:48 pm
We lost to an inferior team today.  Rationalize it however you want.  It's inexcusable to me
Contact Guinness....we lost to a team that is not as good as we are. I am glad however you finally admitted we are a pretty good team that lost to a team that is not as good as we are. It happens. Did you just start watching sports this year?

beachhog

I didn't realize we had so many players score today - Our "D" is a factor and LSU matched our late run.  I wish that Kingsley would have played more today - we need him to be a true center.

jbcarol

rickbozich @rickbozich  ·  1 hour ago

My AP CBB Top 25 ballot. UK on top. 4 ACC teams in top 14. Welcome @MSU_Basketball Boise State, Georgetown. http://bit.ly/1GhrtjR

Quote20. Arkansas (24-7) – I could see the Razorbacks in the Sweet Sixteen – or gone after one game.

jbcarol

AP Top 25 @AP_Top25  ·  14 minutes ago

MT @bretstrelow: My #APTop25 ballot, full poll in a few hours http://bit.ly/1A9IU27 

Quote23. Arkansas (24-7) beat South Carolina 78-74; lost to LSU 81-78.

Last week's rankings: AP (18), Bret's ballot (16)

jbcarol

jbcarol

How they voted including the four who chose not to vote for the Hogs.

chuckinss

I love the way the guy from New Orleans ranked LSU in the Top 25 and left the Hogs out.  Good Grief!!!!!

jbcarol

How Top 25 fared Tuesday

No. 7 Gonzaga beat BYU 91-75

Wednesday
BC 46,  #19 UNC 54  11:26 2nd

jbcarol

How Top 25 teams fared Thursday

No. 2 Duke beat North Carolina State 77-53
    No. 3 Virginia beat Florida State 58-44
    No. 4 Villanova beat Marquette 84-49
    No. 5 Arizona beat California 73-51
    No. 9 Kansas beat TCU 64-59
    No. 11 Notre Dame beat Miami 70-63
    No. 13 Iowa State beat Texas 69-67
    No. 14 Louisville lost 70-60 to No. 19 North Carolina
    No. 15 Oklahoma beat Oklahoma State 64-49
    No. 16 Baylor beat No. 18 West Virginia 70-60
    No. 19 Utah beat Stanford 80-56
    No. 22 Butler lost 67-61 to Xavier in overtime
    No. 23 Georgetown beat Creighton 60-55
    No. 25 Boise State beat Air Force 80-68

jbcarol

NCAA March MadnessVerified account@marchmadness
Here's the complete seed list 1-68. #SelectionSunday

jbcarol

rickbozich @rickbozich  ·  5 hours ago

My final ballot in AP Top 25 vs. the NCAA Tournament seed list. I don't understand why they didn't call me. http://bit.ly/1x7jg2C

20. Arkansas (26-8) – ... NCAA Overall Seed: 18.

jbcarol

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Hogs are #21 in the AP Poll

Others receiving votes: LSU, 5 points

311Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 16, 2015, 12:20:22 pm
rickbozich @rickbozich  ·  5 hours ago

My final ballot in AP Top 25 vs. the NCAA Tournament seed list. I don't understand why they didn't call me. http://bit.ly/1x7jg2C

20. Arkansas (26-8) – ... NCAA Overall Seed: 18.

This guy is an idiot.

20. Arkansas (26-8) – The Razorbacks are talented but they haven't beaten a ranked team all season. NCAA Overall Seed: 18.

but we beat the team he has ranked one spot ahead of us in SMU at 19......

Corkscrew Johnson

jbcarol

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on March 16, 2015, 02:18:58 pm
Nm

UNC is the top 4 seed with Utah the top 5 seed.  Arkansas follows Utah as next 5 seed based on the Committee's seed list.

jbcarol