Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Bennett

Started by wpswillriseagain, December 12, 2017, 04:38:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wpswillriseagain

From football scoop, "Source tells FootballScoop Arizona State defensive coordinator Phil Bennett plans to leave Arizona State. Phil & his wife live in College Station, TX...and Jimbo Fisher is on the look for a defensive coordinator. Texas A&M is definitely not confirmed but quite interesting. At this time all we are reporting is that Phil is leaving Arizona State. Could Arkansas be the spot? Time will tell..."

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dropkick

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on December 12, 2017, 04:39:28 pm
Bring me Chavis!  :)

I knew we could bring you around........

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

JONAS

The Kig

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on December 12, 2017, 04:38:53 pm
From football scoop, "Source tells FootballScoop Arizona State

Since AZ St just canned their head coach, it doesn't take any real scoop to determine that the rest of the staff is also looking for jobs. 
Poker Porker

ShadowTheHedgehog

ricepig

Quote from: The Kig on December 12, 2017, 05:04:44 pm
Since AZ St just canned their head coach, it doesn't take any real scoop to determine that the rest of the staff is also looking for jobs. 

Well, Herm said he was basically keeping everyone.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

King Kong

Ray_Finkle

King Kong

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 12, 2017, 05:30:22 pm
Why??

If you check his previous posts he isn't all about Chavis.

But Chavis vs Bennett? No brainer

reddogjcss

I know folks talking about what teams scored against Chais lately but football has changed!  There is higher scoring nation wide. If he is hired here I'll give him my full support until he proves he can't do the job. His age comes with wisdom and his name will be a good recruiting.
Just saying he's lot better then 90% of D.C. Out there. In other words we could do a lot damn worse and not a bunch better.

BassinHawg

If we get Chavis I'm gonna feel like the Morris hire is a bust!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Love those Hogs

Chavis isn't Venables, but a far cry better than we've had in many years.
Hogs 4 Life!

JONAS

Quote from: Love those Hogs on December 12, 2017, 05:53:23 pm
Chavis isn't Venables, but a far cry better than we've had in many years.

Yep.

King Kong

Quote from: BassinHawg on December 12, 2017, 05:49:24 pm

Well how do you feel about Phil Bennett? I'll hang up and listen

JONAS

Who do you want besides Venables?

swineology

Quote from: Wildhog on December 12, 2017, 04:39:28 pm
Bring me Chavis!  :)

The Aggies rank No. 60 in total defense this season while allowing 388.7 yards per game after finishing No. 51 in 2015 with 380 yards allowed per game and No. 90 in 2016 with 441.8 yards allowed per game.

As bad as Bert was, he always kept the aTm game close because of 3rd and Chavis.

No, I'll pass on the Chief

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: swineology on December 12, 2017, 06:01:57 pm

The Aggies rank No. 60 in total defense this season while allowing 388.7 yards per game after finishing No. 51 in 2015 with 380 yards allowed per game and No. 90 in 2016 with 441.8 yards allowed per game.

As bad as Bert was, he always kept the aTm game close because of 3rd and Chavis.

Well Bert got blown out by A&M twice. Once with Chavis as DC. Last year was the only season we put up a lot of points on his D

But again Wildhog is not a Chavis guy but he reconigizes if it's Chavis vs Bennett. It's Chavis

WaltonCollege

Never heard of that guy before so he can't be the "best d coordinator in the country".  If it is that will be Chad's first lie.  Only Chavis, or Venables, or MAYBE Marion Hobby can have that title.

jackflash

I can live with Chavis. May help us recruiting LA.

Dominicanhog

Hogblog

Hope you are a good fisherman.....because you don't know much about coaching....

ArkansasI

Quote from: swineology on December 12, 2017, 06:01:57 pm

Couldn't agree more...

Chavis may be a fine coach, but there are plenty of coaches that have not earned their fortune and should be full of ambition.  Chavis was highly regarded years ago when he was at Tennessee, loaded with Sunday talent and fighting for championships.

Find a DC that has won with less.  Doesn't seem to me that Chavis fits that description.

DeltaBoy

Bennett been a solid DC over the years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BassinHawg

Quote from: Hogblog on December 13, 2017, 08:32:12 am
Hope you are a good fisherman.....because you don't know much about coaching....

More than you think, about both. If you only knew!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogblitz

Bennett was DC at Baylor from 2011-2016.  If I remember correctly their defense was not good through that span.

Pig in the Pokey

From football scoop, "Source tells FootballScoop Arizona State defensive coordinator Phil Bennett plans to leave Arizona State. Phil & his wife live in College Station, TX...and Jimbo Fisher is on the look for a defensive coordinator. Texas A&M is definitely not confirmed but quite interesting. At this time all we are reporting is that Phil is leaving Arizona State. Could Arkansas be the spot? Time will tell..."
heard health was a reason he wasnt staying in Az.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

code red

Quote from: The Kig on December 12, 2017, 05:04:44 pm
Think I heard that the entire staff was told they are staying and herm is like a CEO coach....I could be wrong too however.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogwild

Quote from: jackflash on December 13, 2017, 08:24:35 am
I can live with Chavis. May help us recruiting LA.

How? He didn't recruit at A&M or LSU.  Bennett did more recruiting in LA, when he was the Tigers DC than Chavis ever did.

That said if we hire Bennett, our new head coach and defensive coordinator while head coach at SMU would have combine to go 32-73

26.2Hog

twistitup

Hellllll no to Phil Bennett....thank you. I'll hang up and listen
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bash

Seems legit.

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

PorkSoda

it wont be bennett

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaaf/asu/2017/12/12/asu-football-defensive-coordinator-phil-bennett-leaving/945298001/

The 62-year-old is leaving for personal reasons, including health issues, although he was welcome to return under new head coach Herm Edwards.

"He offered me a job," Bennett said. "He was very gracious. He's a good man. You're going to see that. Football guy. I loved my conversations with him. I told him I just wish it was at another time in my life and unfortunately it's not."
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

oldhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 13, 2017, 08:39:01 am
Bennett been a solid DC over the years.

I agree with this, but probably not the "home run" hire that fans are looking for.  He did crash and burn as head coach at SMU (18-51 in six years).  Also he is in his sixties.  Not to discriminate, but personally I hope the Razorbacks hire a young gun that is innovative and eager to prove himself on the main stage (SEC West).

babo1

Quote from: oldhawg on December 14, 2017, 09:11:20 am
I agree with this, but probably not the "home run" hire that fans are looking for.  He did crash and burn as head coach at SMU (18-51 in six years).  Also he is in his sixties.  Not to discriminate, but personally I hope the Razorbacks hire a young gun that is innovative and eager to prove himself on the main stage (SEC West).

Grinch