Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Temps Should be Sizzlin' Hot

Started by moses_007, August 29, 2013, 12:46:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rcopela

Quote from: 1highhog on August 30, 2013, 11:21:50 am
Remember, you can bring your on water without having to buy water at the game as well.  They have water fountains in the Stadium, use them, don't think you have to buy water and then pass out from not drinking any.  If anything, bring your own bottle of water, and keep refilling from fountains, it's better to drink than ice cold water anyway on a hot day.  Take it from someone that has worked most of their life in temperatures greater than this will be.
For this game they are allowing fans to bring in 20 oz. water bottles and are going to have special refill stations placed around the stadium, along with the water fountains...

McKdaddy

Quote from: rcopela on August 30, 2013, 11:30:23 am
For this game they are allowing fans to bring in 20 oz. water bottles and are going to have special refill stations placed around the stadium, along with the water fountains...

I didn't see specifics as to size of bottle, rcopela. I assumed one couldn't bring in a 2-liter bottle, ha. But I had planned to bring my biking water bottle. Does it have to be a specific bottle, or just anything clear, plastic, and empty?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

rcopela

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 30, 2013, 12:02:26 pm
I didn't see specifics as to size of bottle, rcopela. I assumed one couldn't bring in a 2-liter bottle, ha. But I had planned to bring my biking water bottle. Does it have to be a specific bottle, or just anything clear, plastic, and empty?
Mcdaddy,
The press release states, clear, empty 20 oz. water bottles can be refilled upon entry.

hogsanity

of course drinking water ruins it for alot of people.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

McKdaddy

Quote from: rcopela on August 30, 2013, 12:54:21 pm
Mcdaddy,
The press release states, clear, empty 20 oz. water bottles can be refilled upon entry.

Thanks, I had only seen tweets of Mike Waddell (Razorbacks Senior Associate AD) which did not state a bottle size.

hawgsmellgud

hahaha is the OP one of the "Please keep pets and Old people inside today it's gonna get hot" people? Good lord I have been to the opening game every year for the last 8 years, and yeah maybe they start a little bit later, but not much and it has been hot as hell for all of them I can remember.
I mean the only time you're going to be exerting yourself is the walk to the stadium, you can't be that out of shape.

The people crying about heat stroke (and thinking people will die) are probably the same blue hairs asking everyone to sit down so I know you aren't going to get to worked up during the game.

Just sit there and be the normal Fayetteville (what the hell is going on with auto-correct? It is saying fayetteville is spelled wrong and Lafayette is the only option for correction. Douglas Im looking at you, well played.) crowd and you should be just fine.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

oldhawg

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on August 30, 2013, 01:46:18 pm
hahaha is the OP one of the "Please keep pets and Old people inside today it's gonna get hot" people? Good lord I have been to the opening game every year for the last 8 years, and yeah maybe they start a little bit later, but not much and it has been hot as hell for all of them I can remember.

The people crying about heat stroke (and thinking people will die) are probably the same blue hairs asking everyone to sit down so I know you aren't going to get to worked up during the game.

Could be the young people who have been drinking all night the night before, and don't realize that their seats are on the other side of the stadium.  Been there, done that.

jry04

Quote from: moses_007 on August 29, 2013, 11:16:42 pm
There have been many instances of football players collapsing, and dying, even during practices in high temperatures like this.  This isn't something we should take lightly.  This should be postponed just like a severe lightning event is. 

I'll be happy to just listen to it on the radio if it is moved to Saturday night.  I'm more concerned about our players' and fans' safety than being able to watch the game on TV.
You need to calm down. They play in this heat every afternoon when they are at practice. They are going to be properly hydrated tonight. There will also be plenty of fans and misters on the sideline. They will be alright. Games are being played at noon all across the country. You cannot expect zero football to be played tomorrow before 5pm.

It was 95 degrees yesterday for the South Carolina game. I don't think anyone died in that game. Yes, they were tired and fatigued, but that is part of football.

I think the funniest thing about your posts has been the one saying 20,000 people will miss the game tomorrow because of the heat. I will be willing to bet that there are no more than 2-3k seats empty, if it isn't filled to capacity. Too many people are excited about the opening of the Bielema era to let some heat keep them away.

I wonder what everyone will do next week when the 11:30 game in LR takes place. I mean about 30,000 people left at halftime of the ULM game with a 14 point lead. If 20,000 in Fayetteville miss due to heat, then LR may be empty. Hopefully we have enough healthy players to even play in LR next week, but I don't know if we will since so many will get sick from the Heat tomorrow.

McKdaddy

Fwiw, some flexibility by the UA....

Blockisland

I heard the game has been pushed back to 10 p.m.? If true, it will be cooler. And is Bill Clinton still throwing out the first pitch?