Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jason peters gets a ring

Started by Kevin, February 04, 2018, 09:20:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Now it's over.
Happy - love the Philly coach.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A backup QB tears New England a new one.  BWHAHAHAHA!!!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hoglady

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on February 04, 2018, 09:24:59 pm

Foles certainly didn't play like a back up QB and hasn't since the playoffs began - he's been great.

sickboy

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 09:29:39 pm
Foles certainly didn't play like a back up QB and hasn't since the playoffs began - he's been great.

Guy dropped some dimes. You don't win Super Bowl MVP as a QB and not have some serious talent.

3kgthog

Hogs racking up the rings the last decade. Can't hurt recruiting.

hawkhawg

Quote from: sickboy on February 04, 2018, 09:30:36 pm
Guy dropped some dimes. You don't win Super Bowl MVP as a QB and not have some serious talent.

Do the eagles win it with Wentz?

longtimeHogfan

Wish Jason could have suited up and played in this game. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rzrbkman

Foles is going to be a rich QB in a month or so. A lot of teams will be offering him a fat contract.

King Kong

Quote from: rzrbkman on February 04, 2018, 10:03:50 pm
Foles is going to be a rich QB in a month or so. A lot of teams will be offering him a fat contract.

Eagles have to trade him first

Bubba's Bruisers

The Eagels were easily the best team in the NFL this season.  Better than the Pats.  This was not a great Pats team...especially on defense.  And Foles isn't chopped liver.  Dude has started many games in his career with some success. 

Never understood Vegas opening with Pats -5.5. 

Quote from: hawkhawg on February 04, 2018, 09:35:26 pm
Do the eagles win it with Wentz?

I think without a doubt.  Eagles were just the most complete team in the NFL this year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 10:10:12 pm
The Eagels were easily the best team in the NFL this season.  Better than the Pats.  This was not a great Pats team...especially on defense.  And Foles isn't chopped liver.  Dude has started many games in his career with some success. 

Never understood Vegas opening with Pats -5.5. 

I think without a doubt.  Eagles were just the most complete team in the NFL this year.
Oh I totally agree. Just happy to see shady Brady and the gang not win .
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on February 04, 2018, 10:20:35 pm
Oh I totally agree. Just happy to see shady Brady and the gang not win .

I'm happy for the Eagles and the city of Philly...been a long time coming.

I've never had any heartburn about Brady and the Pats.  The greatest dynasty in NFL history.  Much respect for them. 

Now I'm hoping the Vikings can break through next year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

sowmonella

I'm glad Jason is getting a ring. He will no doubt end up in the HOF. Like him or not T Brady is beyond any shadow of any doubt the GOAT. Just phenomenal.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

swineology

Quote from: sowmonella on February 04, 2018, 10:32:15 pm
I'm glad Jason is getting a ring. He will no doubt end up in the HOF. Like him or not T Brady is beyond any shadow of any doubt the GOAT. Just phenomenal.

Dis right here

SooieGeneris

Peters: not bad for a guy recruited to play defense but wasn't wanted by the then DC, then played out of position by the doltish HC.

Just think what an O line that would have been with Andrews and Peters!

Foles: not bad for a guy who got run out of St Louis. How bad does it make Jeff Fisher look when he had Keenum and Foles in St Louis and couldn't even get to 7 wins. With Todd Gurley to hand it to and the DPOY Aaron Donald.

Then Keenum and Foles started against each other in the NFC championship...

Jeff Fisher= the Hooty Nutt of the NFL. Without Eddie George and McNair carrying him in TN, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a SB. Throws his name out there for every job opening and can't get so much as an interview.

Ajayi got run out of Miami, the Bears made a half-hearted effort to keep Alshon Jeffery, Chris Long and Blount not retained by NE.. this Philly team played with passion and a purpose.

The defense made only one big play, but it came at the right time. Foles is not a typical backup QB, the guy deserves a shot with a decent team and HC, maybe Arizona with Carson Palmer retiring.

Philly might keep him around in case Wentz isn't ready at the start of the season, but Jacksonville might take a look at Foles also to replace the Dilferish Bortles.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

texasdvm

Love Coach Doug Pederson. My son was his first starting QB at Calvary Baptist High School in Shreveport.  I gave him Gus's HUNH book.  He  was just out of the NFL and kind of laughed when I gave to him.  Now he uses the concepts.  During the first spring practice he was meeting with the team during practice and said he had to take a phone call, so he walked away from the team to talk. When he returned he told the kids that it was the San Francisco 49ers and they wanted him to come work with their new rookie Alex Smith QB. $800,000. He told them he already had a job.  Class man.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: swineology on February 04, 2018, 10:42:30 pm
Dis right here

Agree. The hate for Brady is silly. While P. Manning spent his later years making annoying commercials, Brady has spent his time working out and turning back time. I've been around a long time and watched all the "major"sports. No player in history has ever played at the level Brady has at age 40 or older in any major sport.

It was sad seeing Willie Mays, John Unitas and many others hobbling around at that age, just hanging on. Peyton Manning in his last 2 years in his late 30s was a shadow of the player he was before that neck injury. Brady played as well as he ever has this year without his best WR.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

hoglady

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 04, 2018, 11:00:49 pm
Agree. The hate for Brady is silly. While P. Manning spent his later years making annoying commercials, Brady has spent his time working out and turning back time. I've been around a long time and watched all the "major"sports. No player in history has ever played at the level Brady has at age 40 or older in any major sport.

It was sad seeing Willie Mays, John Unitas and many others hobbling around at that age, just hanging on. Peyton Manning in his last 2 years in his late 30s was a shadow of the player he was before that neck injury. Brady played as well as he ever has this year without his best WR.

I don't get the Brady hate either.
I'm just glad I've gotten to see him play all these years. I remember when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady became the starter. He took that opportunity and ran with it.

swineology

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 04, 2018, 11:00:49 pm

Dude is the GOAT, period. I'm sure he's on 'roids but damn, Brady is great!

hoglady

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 04, 2018, 10:49:11 pm
Peters: not bad for a guy recruited to play defense but wasn't wanted by the then DC, then played out of position by the doltish HC.

Foles: not bad for a guy who got run out of St Louis. How bad does it make Jeff Fisher look when he had Keenum and Foles in St Louis and couldn't even get to 7 wins. With Todd Gurley to hand it to and the DPOY Aaron Donald.

Jeff Fisher= the Hooty Nutt of the NFL. Without Eddie George and McNair carrying him in TN, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a SB. Throws his name out there for every job opening and can't get so much as an interview.

Ajayi got run out of Miami, the Bears made a half-hearted effort to keep Alshon Jeffery, Chris Long and Blount not retained by NE.. this Philly team played with passion and a purpose.

The defense made only one big play, but it came at the right time. Foles is not a typical backup QB, the guy deserves a shot with a decent team and HC, maybe Arizona with Carson Palmer retiring.

Philly might keep him around in case Wentz isn't ready at the start of the season, but Jacksonville might take a look at Foles also to replace the Dilferish Bortles.

The announcers were talking about how much better Foles has been in the play offs compared to the regular season. Said Pederson spent the extra week at the end of the regular season studying film of Foles playing under Chip Kelly - recognized his strengths and tweeked the offense to fit.
Good coach - tweeking that offense to fit his QB just won him a Super Bowl.

Irontusk

Damn right!  loved it!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

jgphillips3

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 11:28:48 pm
The announcers were talking about how much better Foles has been in the play offs compared to the regular season. Said Pederson spent the extra week at the end of the regular season studying film of Foles playing under Chip Kelly - recognized his strengths and tweeked the offense to fit.
Good coach - tweeking that offense to fit his QB just won him a Super Bowl.

What a concept!  Gotta love it.

DemiHOG

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: swineology on February 04, 2018, 11:27:08 pm

Dude is the GOAT, period. I'm sure he's on 'roids but damn, Brady is great!

The reason he is still playing at the level he is and staying healthy is because of how he takes care of his body. He eats a plant based diet and focuses on lengethening and softening his muscles for pliability  instead of the traditional weight training. He praises his trainer for introducing him to these methods. If you haven't watched Tom Vs Time on Facebook you should.

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/videos/2081108082122933/

Quote from: DemiHOG on February 05, 2018, 07:28:41 am
Philly, philly

sowmonella

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on February 05, 2018, 07:53:14 am

The reason he is still playing at the level he is and staying healthy is because of how he takes care of his body. He eats a plant based diet and focuses on lengethening and softening his muscles for pliability  instead of the traditional weight training. He praises his trainer for introducing him to these methods. If you haven't watched Tom Vs Time on Facebook you should.

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/videos/2081108082122933/

The dude drinks 37 glasses of water a day just to stay hydrated.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

lumphog

I saw him LATE one night last week just across the bridge from Helena where hwy 49 & 61 cross talking to some guy with a couple hounds

DeltaBoy

I hate his coach not Brady. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HogShat

Quote from: lumphog on February 05, 2018, 11:26:55 am
I saw him LATE one night last week just across the bridge from Helena where hwy 49 & 61 cross talking to some guy with a couple hounds

ISWYDT... Well played...

SamBuckhart

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 04, 2018, 10:49:11 pm

Jason Peters is an all American success story.  Glad for him. Jeff Fitcher is a punk.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaBoy

Jeff Fisher a great assistant who should have never became a HC.

HognitiveDissonance

Happy for Jason Peters.
To my knowledge, he was never an offensive lineman growing up, and wasn't recruited that way.
He had the agility and athleticism to play tight end.
Obviously that footwork enabled him to become an elite tackle, after adding the requisite pounds to play the position. The best linemen are both strong and quick on their feet.
He's had a great NFL career.

masbas3

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 07, 2018, 12:09:50 pm
Happy for Jason Peters.
To my knowledge, he was never an offensive lineman growing up, and wasn't recruited that way.
He had the agility and athleticism to play tight end.
Obviously that footwork enabled him to become an elite tackle, after adding the requisite pounds to play the position. The best linemen are both strong and quick on their feet.
He's had a great NFL career.

He will get into the HOF on a first ballot, Jason has had a great NFL career.  I hope he plays at least one more and it wouldn't bother me to see the Eagles win the SB again.  I have no favorite team in the NFL anymore.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

727 posts about Peter's getting a ring, and no one has questioned what size it will be. I bet that's gonna be one big sucka..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.