Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dan Enos heading to Michigan

Started by BR, January 05, 2018, 01:13:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stronguard

Quote from: Shakey on January 26, 2018, 12:46:55 pm
Which way is he trending now?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=656164.0

well, lets see...he's gone from Offensive Coordinator at an SEC school, to QB coach at an SEC school.  Kinda feel like thats a step down. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

lasthog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 07, 2018, 10:10:31 pm
The head coach sets the tone and has a hand in everything.

I've stated this before: you can have a good staff but if head coach is not good, you won't be very successful. Conversely, if you have a good head coach and an average staff, you can still be successful.

The head coach is everything in college sports. Get that part right, and everything else falls into place. People tend to worry too much about who the assistants are.

Real estate: Location, location, location.

Football: HC, HC, HC.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: stronguard on January 26, 2018, 01:27:42 pm
well, lets see...he's gone from Offensive Coordinator at an SEC school, to QB coach at an SEC school.  Kinda feel like thats a step down.
OC at Arkansas to associate head coach/qb coach at bama. That's not really a step down.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogcam

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 26, 2018, 01:41:49 pm
OC at Arkansas to associate head coach/qb coach at bama. That's not really a step down.
Yes it is. I'll never understand anyone that thinks this. Going from offensive coordinator in the SEC west to QB coach in the SEC west is a step down. Without a doubt.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 26, 2018, 01:41:49 pm
My question would be: given the staff of at least a couple hundred at 'Bama how many other "associate head coaches" do they have ??? I suspect at least a couple dozen. ;)

Shakey

Quote from: stronguard on January 26, 2018, 01:27:42 pm
OC at Arkansas > Associate Head Coach at Alabama?

I'd be curious to find out how many college coaches would take which one?  (Serious question) Pay in this case doesn't come into play because Arkansas is paying him to coach for Alabama for the next two years.

Interesting that the best defensive mind in football wants to hire a guy he has faced the past three years.

Grizzlyfan

Some are speculating that he took the Michigan job as an end around on the SEC non-compete clause in his Arkansas contract.  Wasn't he released from Arkansas?  Would the non-compete even apply?

Shakey

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 26, 2018, 02:40:26 pm
Some are speculating that he took the Michigan job as an end around on the SEC non-compete clause in his Arkansas contract.  Wasn't he released from Arkansas?  Would the non-compete even apply?
It would not have applied. 

Bebop

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 05, 2018, 09:38:42 pm
You did not see the Dan Enos offense.  When he was at Central Michigan, you saw multiple sets, motion, and a more wide open game.  I was thrilled when he was hired.  I was even more thrilled when I sat at the dinner table with my son and we talked about the line calls, formations and schemes.  We saw much less than half of what Enos wanted to do.  A coaching staff is a pyramid.  The top of the pyramid was too conservative.   That's why 2017 was maddening.  I liked the staff.  They are great guys. They are knowledgeable and know the game.  That's what hurt so much. You'll never convince me that if Enos and Rhoads had been allowed to take more risks and be more aggressive, a vast majority of the staff would still be here. But I think people will be surprised how quickly the Morris offense will be picked up by the players.  It is more of what they are built to do. 2017 was round pegs in square holes.  2018 won't be.

Goes back to Bielema. I know some of the the players like him, but he is a terrible coach; I've had and known coaches who were the same.