Started by ricepig, February 09, 2016, 07:37:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Hambunctious

You can bet they weren't up front with their recruits about the violations.  Too much to hope they get probation allowing their players to freely transfer.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 09, 2016, 07:39:45 pm
You can bet they weren't up front with their recruits about the violations.  Too much to hope they get probation allowing their players to freely transfer.

Hell, a lot of recruits want to get paid. This is all good for Ole Miss, so long as they only get a slap on the wrist.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

longpig

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 09, 2016, 07:39:45 pm

The present class knows, because all indications are they got paid too.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

PorkSoda

Hambunctious

Yeah, but OM "leaked" their football team only had violations from the Nutt era just before signing day.  That was a lie.  At least some of those guys might have had second thoughts if they had known that 8 of the violations occurred under Freeze, and that could lead to a post season ban, or worse.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

DukeOfPork

ar-elwood

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 09, 2016, 08:00:55 pm
Yeah, but OM "leaked" their football team only had violations from the Nutt era just before signing day.  That was a lie.  At least some of those guys might have had second thoughts if they had known that 8 of the violations occurred under Freeze, and that could lead to a post season ban, or worse.

Bingo!  You notice no one ever mentioned who it was that said most of the violations weren't football or under Freeze.  Wouldn't have been the NCAA.  They aren't going to hint at the violations.  No one listed the violations, but somehow it is "reported" they were not football or under Freeze.  The NCAA and OM should have been the only ones with real knowledge of the details. 

I call BS also.

jkstock04

Count me in as one of the people that thought nothing would come of this. But, if they truly have some level 1 violations this thing may get a little weird for Ole Miss! Wouldn't hurt my feelings for them one bit.

Be interesting to see how this develops. Problem with this story is it's an unnamed source. How many times have we seen "sources" turn out to be BS? On Hogville it's 99% of the time.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ballz2thewall

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 09, 2016, 08:18:44 pm
Danny Ford would say that face looks like a "scientific rocket".

that's funny, man [the ford reference].
The rest of the frog.

DukeOfPork

Nothing much will come of this.  I'm sure they don't have anything significant on Ole Miss. 

I don't think Freeze has any direct involvement in wrongdoing, but I do think there is some crap going on.

ar-elwood

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 09, 2016, 09:02:33 pm
Count me in as one of the people that thought nothing would come of this. But, if they truly have some level 1 violations this thing may get a little weird for Ole Miss! Wouldn't hurt my feelings for them one bit.

Be interesting to see how this develops. Problem with this story is it's an unnamed source. How many times have we seen "sources" turn out to be BS? On Hogville it's 99% of the time.
True.  The unnamed source does call it into to question.  But, doesn't the Associated Press give it a little credibility?

jkstock04

Quote from: ar-elwood on February 09, 2016, 09:15:43 pm
True.  The unnamed source does call it into to question.  But, doesn't the Associated Press give it a little credibility?
Yes...if they are gonna run with the story you gotta think it does. im gonna assume they think it's credible or they wouldn't run with it.

Still, I'm in wait and see mode. This development has for sure has made it more juicy!!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogwild

a mix of level I, II, & III  violations with regard to football

longpig

tusksincolorado

Why doesn't the Ole Piss news excite me the same as when I hear that All-Barn is being investigated?

Maybe it's that I deem Ole Piss as insignificant....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hobhog

Nothing happens. Self empose a couple of recruiting visit restrictions. About it.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 09, 2016, 09:08:15 pm
Nothing much will come of this.  I'm sure they don't have anything significant on Ole Miss. 

I don't think Freeze has any direct involvement in wrongdoing, but I do think there is some crap going on.

I concur.
I think they're dirty.
I doubt they're caught at anything beyond a wrist slap.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Wildhog

please get hit with lack of institutional control... please get hit with lack of institutional control... please get hit with lack of institutional control...
1909/1964/1965/1977

JaketheSnake

Level 1?  Still doubt the NCAA has te balls to do anything.  Maybe a postseason ban for a year?

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 09, 2016, 10:00:27 pm
I concur.
I think they're dirty.
I doubt they're caught at anything beyond a wrist slap.

This is why we need to organize a slush fund. I volunteer to be the first treasurer.

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on February 09, 2016, 10:04:55 pm
please get hit with lack of institutional control... please get hit with lack of institutional control... please get hit with lack of institutional control...

This and BOOM!!!

hobhog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 09, 2016, 10:05:47 pm
Level 1?  Still doubt the NCAA has te balls to do anything.  Maybe a postseason ban for a year?

That would be huge, but very doubtful

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Wildhog on February 09, 2016, 10:04:55 pm

Click your heels Dorothy....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggish1

smb

Your probably going to find out it's all about nothing. Or they will probably if it involves current players hold them out of the first half of the first game this up coming season.
GeorgiaHOG

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SemperHawg

Probably nothing coming of this, the Level 1 violations were all of the Larimy Tunsil stuff and they made that dude sit out half of the year and self reported all of it.  Ole Miss is still dirty, unfortunately they just aren't as stupid as I wish they were.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 10, 2016, 08:22:37 am
Probably nothing coming of this, the Level 1 violations were all of the Larimy Tunsil stuff and they made that dude sit out half of the year and self reported all of it.  Ole Miss is still dirty, unfortunately they just aren't as stupid as I wish they were.
We don't know that yet.  Mississippi actually leads the country in stupid.  Give them a chance.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ChicagoHog

Time to sit back and watch more and more things come out over the next 2-3 months. 

Vantage 8 dude

It was announced in the Recruiting Forum that Ole Misery's self-imposed penalties are really severe. They've reduced their in home/on campus payments from $1,000 per contact to $100.00 for one month. Of course ole Hugh has also agreed not to repeat such offenses for at least the next two weeks. That will show them.....

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 10, 2016, 10:10:33 am
It was announced in the Recruiting Forum that Ole Misery's self-imposed penalties are really severe. They've reduced their in home/on campus payments from $1,000 per contact to $100.00 for one month. Of course ole Hugh has also agreed not to repeat such offenses for at least the next two weeks. That will show them.....

Now, now, he has only agreed not to pay for official visits until they can officially start again next Sept. He said they would still pay for unofficial visits this spring and summer.........

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 10:19:22 am
Now, now, he has only agreed not to pay for official visits until they can officially start again next Sept. He said they would still pay for unofficial visits this spring and summer.........

Now if he would just pay for some dental work...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 10:19:22 am
Bet their '17 recruits are sweating out those restrictions as we speak. I can hear it now: "Man, can you believe those Retards over at Ole Misery? I mean just when I become eligible to get the really big bucks I get stuck with a program that's going to temporarily reduce their payouts. What am I going to do now? Oh wait, I got it...I'll just refuse to start visiting or allowing any in home to those guys until after the "heat's" off next fall. In the meantime, I'll just bide by time by taking some "big cash" trips to AWbarn, USCe and Tenny. With all those possibilities I can build up my retirement account to at least $100,000 easy. Oh yeah, of course those are just a start....."

TrueBlue

I bet their recruits were "blind-sided" by this!

Sorry couldn't resist.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 10, 2016, 10:22:25 am
Now if he would just pay for some dental work...

Nah, he's using them as a fall back plan to be the Oregon State mascot, in case this goes south on him.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 11:32:43 am
Nah, he's using them as a fall back plan to be the Oregon State mascot, in case this goes south on him.

So he's got that going for him......which is nice.