Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cobi Hamilton

Started by SC Hogman, February 09, 2016, 05:21:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SC Hogman

February 09, 2016, 05:21:31 pm Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:11:21 pm by SC Hogman
CHARLOTTE –The Panthers signed offensive tackle Donald Hawkins, who spent the entire 2014 season on the Dallas Cowboys' 53-man roster, to a future contract today. Hawkins appeared in one game for the Cowboys as a rookie, then spent last season on the Miami and San Francisco practice squads.

The Panthers previously signed wide receiver Cobi Hamilton, defensive end Larry Webster, guards David Yankey and Tyler Larsen, center Matt Masifilo, defensive tackle Eric Crume and cornerback Travell Dixon. Hamilton was a sixth-round pick by the Bengals in 2013. Webster was a fourth-round pick by the Lions in 2014, and Yankey was a fifth-round pick by the Vikings in 2014.

The contracts are referred to as "future" contracts because even though the players have signed, they do not officially become members of the roster until the beginning of the new league year – March 9.

Future contracts essentially allow teams to sign players for the 2016 season even though it has not begun yet. Only players who are not on an NFL team's 53-man active roster at the conclusion of the regular season are eligible for these contracts.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

FreshHog

Well thats a cool story of Cam helping him out with the panthers front office.

SEC players prob like to take care of each other when they can. Nice to see.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: FreshHog on February 10, 2016, 12:27:55 am
Well thats a cool story of Cam helping him out with the panthers front office.

SEC players prob like to take care of each other when they can. Nice to see.

Wonder if he's help Cobi if he was an Alabama grad?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

Classy move by CAM!  Kid is not Prefect but over all he a pretty good fella.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazrRila99

What did Cobi do against Auburn in 2010?  Maybe Cam saw and remembered that part of the game after Tyler came in and threw the ball around the park? 

hoglady

Nice move by Cam to help out one of our Hogs.
Hope Cobi makes the most of this chance and helps the Panthers at the receiver position.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawganatic

$650,000 and that's a low end contract.  It takes most people 12-15 years to make that kind of money....

Captain Morgan

When Carolina has scrub WRs like Ted Ginn and Jerrico Cotchery it's probably wise to improve that position and Cobi Hamilton is better than both of those scrubs.

Horsesrus

Happy for Cobi, but the writer missed the Super Bowl score from three days ago.

al2305

Quote from: hawganatic on February 10, 2016, 10:12:25 am
$650,000 and that's a low end contract.  It takes most people 12-15 years to make that kind of money....

True but the problem is it takes these kids about 3months to spend it.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hawganatic on February 10, 2016, 10:12:25 am

Zero $$$ are guaranteed. If he doesn't make the team he will never see a penny of it. Training camp pays about $100 a day.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 10, 2016, 12:20:56 pm
When Carolina has scrub WRs like Ted Ginn and Jerrico Cotchery it's probably wise to improve that position and Cobi Hamilton is better than both of those scrubs.

Carolina may have had the worst receiving corps of any team that's ever made it to the Super Bowl (Olsen the TE excepted).  Of course, with Cam throwing everything ten feet over their heads, it didn't really matter.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

upperdeck_hawg

I cant believe we gave up 65 that game
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

LZH

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 10, 2016, 06:18:18 pm

I'm not one to usually bring these things up post-game, but it's pretty safe to say that 14 of those points were pure gifts..... compliments of the SEC office in Birmingham.

hei5manhog

Very cool. If cobi still has that track speed he can play in that offense. One of my favorite hogs. Best of luck to him. Shame it didn't work out for Greg and Joe. I think Joe could have been a corner in the nfl but it was fun watching him play receiver all those years too. So it's really just hindsight.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

LRHawg

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 10, 2016, 06:18:18 pm

Was this the game where they fumbled on the goal line but they said the ball crossed the plane first? If it is, that's the game I almost threw my remote through my TV I was so mad at the ref's. We got jobbed hard that game.

pondwater jack

Quote from: LRHawg on February 11, 2016, 09:22:24 am
Was this the game where they fumbled on the goal line but they said the ball crossed the plane first? If it is, that's the game I almost threw my remote through my TV I was so mad at the ref's. We got jobbed hard that game.
[/b]yep
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

HawgWild

Quote from: RazrRila99 on February 10, 2016, 09:24:00 am
What did Cobi do against Auburn in 2010?  Maybe Cam saw and remembered that part of the game after Tyler came in and threw the ball around the park?

Cobi had 2 catches for 18 yards. Maybe Cam remembered Cobi's catch to end the first half against LSU.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 10, 2016, 03:32:03 pm
Carolina may have had the worst receiving corps of any team that's ever made it to the Super Bowl (Olsen the TE excepted).  Of course, with Cam throwing everything ten feet over their heads, it didn't really matter.
thats why he wants a tall receiver like cobi.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 10, 2016, 03:12:02 pm
Zero $$$ are guaranteed. If he doesn't make the team he will never see a penny of it. Training camp pays about $100 a day.
its crazy how many really good players struggle to make it in the league.  of our best receiving corp in decades, only jarius wright has had any consistent success.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hei5manhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 11, 2016, 12:52:51 pm
its crazy how many really good players struggle to make it in the league.  of our best receiving corp in decades, only jarius wright has had any consistent success.

Jarius really blossomed. Gragg is still on a roster and playing. Childs would have been the best but obviously the injuries took him out.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

clutch

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 11, 2016, 12:52:51 pm

Childs was getting high praise from the Vikings before the double knee blowout. I think he would have been a very successful NFL player.

It is pretty crazy that only 1 of the WR's from that team stuck around in the NFL though. Those guys were good.

Razor1997

Ugh, it actually physically HURTS me to pay respect to a former Auburn player.  But I gotta do it.

Here's to you, Cam.  And after all, it's not your fault that the replay refs cheated twice in that game.

LZH

For the rest of my life, every time I see Hamilton's name in print I automatically hear that play-by-play guy's voice from the 2010 LSU game......"Cobi HAMILTON!"

onebadrubi

Quote from: LZH on February 14, 2016, 06:10:05 am
For the rest of my life, every time I see Hamilton's name in print I automatically hear that play-by-play guy's voice from the 2010 LSU game......"Cobi HAMILTON!"

I always just imagine petersons temper tantrum in the end zone

Clinician Spice

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 10, 2016, 12:20:56 pm

Ehh...Cotchery maybe, but he is on an NFL roster while Cobi hasn't been on one since...?

Anyways, I hope Cobi succeeds there, I always thought he would be a good NFL player.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: LZH on February 14, 2016, 06:10:05 am

I still think the best part of the play was the two defenders closing on him and colliding head first into each other trying to put a lick on Cobi.  Losers deserved to hurt each other on that one.
no bumps, no fat chicks

LZH

Quote from: HighcountryHog on February 14, 2016, 10:11:42 am
I still think the best part of the play was the two defenders closing on him and colliding head first into each other trying to put a lick on Cobi.  Losers deserved to hurt each other on that one.

Both kids were just playing hard for their school and their teammates. That one boy could have been paralyzed for the rest of his life.......nobody deserves that.