Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Wonder If Any of The Assistants Will Get a Raise

Started by colbs, February 09, 2016, 02:06:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HOGINTENNESSEE

Smith, Enos and Segrest I assume will get raises.

Smith for his recruiting efforts and improve WR play. Enos no brainer. And Rory for turning down the Eagles job

Lunney will probably get a bump as well he did coach the Mackey award winner

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2016, 02:26:21 pm
Smith, Enos and Segrest I assume will get raises.

Smith for his recruiting efforts and improve WR play. Enos no brainer. And Rory for turning down the Eagles job

The way our WR corps came together after all those injuries was inspiring.  That alone is worth the raise IMO.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

gmarv

surely smith will get a raise,i think he was the only coach who stayed from last year who didn,t get a raise.from my prespective he has sure earned himself one this ear.

texas tush hog

Quote from: gmarv on February 09, 2016, 02:55:04 pm
surely smith will get a raise,i think he was the only coach who stayed from last year who didn,t get a raise.from my prespective he has sure earned himself one this ear.

He better get a raise, extension, and a non compete clause if Bielema want to keep the corn dogs out of our pig sty.

Cinco de Hogo

February 10, 2016, 11:05:16 am #6 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:41:48 pm by Cinco de Hogo
I would give any coach that isn't in the top three in the conference in earnings a raise to that level.  If you want to be top dog start wth top coaches and pay them like it.

But that's me.

If you truly believe you have the right coach then do what he(Bielema) ask within the limits of paying them top dollar in the conference...don't wait.

hoggusamoungus

JIHawg

Everyone will be reviewed and those that deserve it will get a raise.  Speculating who is an exercise in futility.  We cannot possibly know the overall evaluation of the assistants.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on February 10, 2016, 11:20:44 am
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/02/lsu_wide_receiver_coaching_sea.html

You realize that article from a year ago right? LSU filled that position.

It's RB coach he is rumored to be in the running for now. Which LSU paid their last guy more than we plaid Enos this year

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2016, 12:25:06 pm
You realize that article from a year ago right? LSU filled that position.

It's RB coach he is rumored to be in the running for now. Which LSU paid their last guy more than we plaid Enos this year

This is from yesterday.

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2016/2/9/10947382/lsu-football-coaching-carousel-running-backs-cam-cameron

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 10, 2016, 12:46:56 pm #14 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:41:51 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: hoggusamoungus on February 10, 2016, 12:37:16 pm
This is from yesterday.

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2016/2/9/10947382/lsu-football-coaching-carousel-running-backs-cam-cameron

Yes, which is why I said rumored for. As that is a blogger/Fan website. Like Arkansas fight.

kibster

I suspect that raises will be announced as soon as the new RB coach is announced.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

PorkRinds

If we lose Michael Smith I may actually darn a brick.  We need to keep him at all costs.  But the call of home is a strong one...

Hoggish1

Quote from: JIHawg on February 10, 2016, 11:26:28 am
Everyone will be reviewed and those that deserve it will get a raise.  Speculating who is an exercise in futility.  We cannot possibly know the overall evaluation of the assistants.

Better have already done it!

ricepig

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JIHawg on February 10, 2016, 11:26:28 am

Hogville came pretty close to nailing it on the head last year

aloha_kid

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RUN N GUN

I think Coach Smith will get a raise based on the tweet he sent out today....

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

This is giving me a semi. Like, seriously, I was going to flip out of smith left for LSU. 

opineonswine

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 12, 2016, 01:48:31 pm
This is giving me a semi. Like, seriously, I was going to flip out of smith left for LSU.

This is really big.  We're making progress.

Scott7703

The tweets above should let everyone know about at least one raise.

redeye

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 12, 2016, 01:48:31 pm

Yea, same here.  I've been worrying about it ever since the season ended, so it's great to see those tweets above.  Coach Smith is key to recruiting Louisiana and our success at WR.  Many of us have been saying he deserves a big raise this year and I'll be shocked if he doesn't receive one.

Coach Smith was the lead recruiter for Kristian Fulton.  A lot has been said about Fulton's father not liking Arkansas, but he loved Coach Smith.

online-with-swine

opineonswine

Quote from: online-with-swine on February 12, 2016, 02:14:19 pm
This would qualify as a mic drop in my opinion.

What are the LSU "experts" spouting as the reason they couldn't sway a NOLA native to come home and coach for the mighty Tigers?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bcdrules

According to coachingsearch.com, Texas Tech just hired their vacant defensive asst position (Karl Scott as DB coach). Looks like Vernon will not be joining their staff as some have speculated.

VirginiaHog

I am so happy to see Enos with a multi year deal. 3 years is about right. Hopefully Smiths new contract is also multi year. Lock them boys up.

Mike_e

Looks like we're winning the off season.

Now if we can just keep the kids out of trouble.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

VirginiaHog

Both coordinators and strength coach extended until 2019. That is stability. With the sec non compete clauses, NFL or head coaching is really all that could steal them. Hoping Michael Smith is also until 2019.

buldozer

Smith has demonstrated he is a heck of a recruiter in that South LA area.... WPS!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bcdrules on February 12, 2016, 04:14:26 pm
According to coachingsearch.com, Texas Tech just hired their vacant defensive asst position (Karl Scott as DB coach). Looks like Vernon will not be joining their staff as some have speculated.

That means our staff is set