Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Harris doesn't care what you say...

Started by SportsLife, February 09, 2016, 07:04:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLife

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

TuskFexas

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 09, 2016, 07:38:16 am
We could have the worst class in the country and some people would be excited.  Homers will be homers. It's a good class, but not a great class.
We'll know in 2-3 years if it's a great class or not, until then I'll agree with you and Jim that it is at least a good class.
The smoker I drink, the player I get!

luke hawg

Yeah, Jim having something positive say is probably indicative of the apocalypse.

The Hogfather

I agree with Jim.  I think our class is very good and addresses a lot of needs.  It certainly could've ended better, but I still think it is a very good class.

MissippHog

We could have the worst class in the country and some people would be excited.  Homers will be homers. It's a good class, but not a great class.
Have you ever listened to or read anything Jim has to say?  Better yet, I doubt you know who Jim Harris is. 

Wildhog

I agree with him on both counts.  It's a pretty good class and I'm happy Singleton is gone.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on February 09, 2016, 08:40:11 am
I agree with him on both counts.  It's a pretty good class and I'm happy Singleton is gone.
He was a good coach but you could tell he was NFL position coach material (thats code for not much help on the recruiting trail btw).

Wildhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 09, 2016, 08:47:41 am
He was a good coach but you could tell he was NFL position coach material (thats code for not much help on the recruiting trail btw).

Exactly.  Perfect for the NFL.

Hopefully our next RB coach is perfect for the SEC.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on February 09, 2016, 08:57:04 am
Exactly.  Perfect for the NFL.

Hopefully our next RB coach is perfect for the SEC.
I will settle for, recruit the mess out of Texas material, but who's counting.

Hawgar The Horrible

Damn homers. Just who do they think they are getting excited over a good class.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Sir Oinksalot

...great article, it's Jims birthday in a couple days....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY !!!

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

DeltaBoy

Good Podcast I agree after a few days this class is just what we needed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Theolesnort

Quote from: rhames on February 09, 2016, 07:42:09 am
Lol. Jim Harris is anything but a Homer.
And he was not exactly thrilled about this class. It was OK but could have been much better with a solid close.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

ricepig

And on the other hand, we could have the best class in the country and some people would be upset that it wasn't even better. It's a good class, as most of them usually are, we never get everyone we want, but then again, no team does.

Biggus Piggus

Wish Jim would post his stories on Hogville instead of that tinkertoy website.
[CENSORED]!

Southpointhog

And it seems is all you do is complain!

nwahogfan1

I am not sure what you expect from Arkansas who in the national eyes not much.  It takes time to develop your brand unless you are cheating or maybe get lucky and get 15+ 4/5 star home grown kids.  This is a down market in football talent being grown locally so more and more have to be gotten out of state.  I think this class is a very good one considering who we are.  I am hoping like all good Hog fans that as our team gets better in the national media then our recruiting will get better also.

ifghog

Agreed...Jim Harris is far from a homer...

bphi11ips

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2016, 09:57:12 am
Wish Jim would post his stories on Hogville instead of that tinkertoy website.

Jim Harris understands the Razorbacks as well as any member of the Arkansas media, and may be the best when it comes to articulating his opinions.  Doesn't he post here occassionally?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Oklahawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 09, 2016, 10:07:55 am
Jim Harris understands the Razorbacks as well as any member of the Arkansas media, and may be the best when it comes to articulating his opinions.  Doesn't he post here occassionally?

Too infrequently. That refers to the person who actually posts as the OP. "Drive-by poster" I think is the term d'jour.

Jim usually has a well-reasoned take on things, and I always read what he writes (even if I disagree).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BorderPatrol

OP is still pimping Jim Harris, I see.

Isn't Jim an admin around here? Is he too lazy to post his own articles?

bp

MJ2

Quote from: SportsLife on February 09, 2016, 07:04:33 am
He's high on the 2016 Razorback recruiting class and happy the Hogs lost another running backs coach.

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/jim-harris-stars-schmars-head-hog-calls-good-2016-recruiting-class/

Jim is smart enough to know that if you're too negative to the program you'll be out of a job.

rwspear

anyone who believes we signed a bad class doesnt understand recruiting.

onebadrubi

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: rwspear on February 09, 2016, 03:08:38 pm
anyone who believes we signed a bad class doesnt understand recruiting.
Why does it have be either a great class or a bad class?  Can't it just be an OK class?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: MJ2 on February 09, 2016, 12:44:39 pm
Jim is smart enough to know that if you're too negative to the program you'll be out of a job.
He skirts that line pretty closely.

BadHog

Quote from: MJ2 on February 09, 2016, 12:44:39 pm

No.

And exactly what is there to be negative about?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DeltaBoy

Jim IMO is the best one we got since Orville passed.   Next it the guy over at the Fort Smith Paper Harry King. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pork Twain

We could land our first top 10 class ever and many on here would still complain because we did not sign enough OL or RB.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Torqued pork

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 10, 2016, 08:38:32 am
We could land our first top 10 class ever and many on here would still complain because we did not sign enough OL or RB.
I don't think that would be the case at all. The overwhelming majority would be happy to just see an Arkansas class ranked much better than our habitual 10th in the conference which hasn't led to much success of note.

redeye

So what I'm gathering is that we're supposed to ridicule those who think it's a great class, because it's really just okay?

lol... is there anything you guys won't complain about?

Pork Twain

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 10, 2016, 12:58:56 pm
I don't think that would be the case at all. The overwhelming majority would be happy to just see an Arkansas class ranked much better than our habitual 10th in the conference which hasn't led to much success of note.
You must be new to Hogville
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ChiTown27

Quote from: MissippHog on February 09, 2016, 08:11:57 am
Have you ever listened to or read anything Jim has to say?  Better yet, I doubt you know who Jim Harris is.

He's the creator of the Muppets, right?
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

root_hawg

I believe its a good class for Arkansas but it would be a bad class for a LSU or Alabama

Hog in Iowa

What has LSU and Alabama done lately?  LSU almost had their coach fired for under performing once again and Alabama didn't even make it to the Super Bowl!
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Jim Harris

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 09, 2016, 08:45:47 am
Hey Jim what is Ramsey up too these days?

I'm not up there but I hear he's supposed to compete in the spring, this after CBB said in December he would not be part of the team. Weird situation, really. Would be a great addition to a big area of need.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on February 12, 2016, 12:24:09 pm
What has LSU and Alabama done lately?  LSU almost had their coach fired for under performing once again and Alabama didn't even make it to the Super Bowl!

I love this.
[CENSORED]!

Polecat

Is the OP Jim Harris' alternate account? Hmmm
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 15, 2016, 12:07:40 pm
I'm not up there but I hear he's supposed to compete in the spring, this after CBB said in December he would not be part of the team. Weird situation, really. Would be a great addition to a big area of need.

Not weird at all. First, they had to get Ramsey to accept being a walk-on. Then, Ramsey had to go through the process of getting financial aid, for which he was certainly eligible.
[CENSORED]!

Mike_e

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 15, 2016, 12:07:40 pm
Good to hear from you Jim!!

Does the fact that we were tied for fifth in the SEC as far as NFL invites to the combine (No matter how bad we stunk as a program) and thus -as far as recruiting goes- are still a serious player in recruiting even though we were at a historic low count for nothing?

IMO even though I disliked HDN if we stick with a goal and follow the needed process we would have been good then and could be great with CBB.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

AirWarren

Hogville has homers?

Jim Harris

Quote from: Polecat on February 15, 2016, 05:02:13 pm
Is the OP Jim Harris' alternate account? Hmmm

Nope. I have my one and only account. Not like some other folks.

SportingLife is run by Simon Lee. It's one of the publications I provide copy and, in this case, podcasts for. The OP is that site. As I said, all my posts are under my name.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 15, 2016, 05:12:41 pm
Not weird at all. First, they had to get Ramsey to accept being a walk-on. Then, Ramsey had to go through the process of getting financial aid, for which he was certainly eligible.

The "weird" was Bielema to the media on Dec 16 or thereabouts seemingly closing the door on Ramsey and saying he wouldn't be part of the program, then a month later in the first press cinference since the boel saying, in essence, "Well, by darn Randy will be out with us this spring," with nothing in between and certainly nine of the full details you've supplied here. My compliments. Fayetteville could use your beat reporting skills.