Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

National Signing Day Lookback (Richard Davenport's Recruiting Report)

Started by Aaron Peters, February 07, 2016, 03:44:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Peters

Richard Davenport joins our Aaron Peters for the latest in Razorback football recruiting. National signing day has come and gone with the Hogs bringing in 20 new Razorbacks. Richard Davenport gives us his thoughts on the 2016 recruiting class.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/rvhp/national-signing-day-lookback-richard-davenports-recruiting-report

Uncommon

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Sportster365

Rivals has 11th in the SEC recruiting rankings. Just ahead of Miss. St. - Missouri - Vandy.

Not sure what's happening at Miss. St.
Missouri's got a new coach.
Vandy stinks.

Absolutely no reason at all Arkansas shouldn't finish in the top 25 in recruiting year after year.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

I trust Richard Davenport and if he says we have a good class I believe we have a good class.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rwspear

Quote from: Sportster365 on February 09, 2016, 12:44:34 pm
Rivals has 11th in the SEC recruiting rankings. Just ahead of Miss. St. - Missouri - Vandy.

Vandy stinks.

Absolutely no reason at all Arkansas shouldn't finish in the top 25 in recruiting year after year.

whats your point

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hambunctious

Why do people even look at Rivals?  They're no longer relevant, and haven't been since they lost their best people.  Scout has never been good, don't bother with it either. 

Other recruiting services have this class ranked anywhere from 18th to 25th.  Which is pretty dang good for a class with only 20 signees.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

jgphillips3

We have a good class.  We just missed the opportunity for an amazing class.  That's all.  Everyone we got, minus a couple of late tack ons, are outstanding.  We just didn't get a couple of studs at the end to ice the cake and put it over the top.  The overall quality of our 20 is salty. 

colbs

Vandy stinks.

Yawn

thefisher

Except that CBB is retaining recruits at a higher rate than at many other schools.  You find a direct correlation between the school ratings and the number of recruits signed.  You are missing half the equation and thereby misunderstanding the results you are seeing in the rankings. 19 of the 24 teams in front of the Hogs this past year signed more recruits. It speaks to their attrition rates from the team for one reason or another.  Not having higher rated classes is perfectly acceptable if one of the primary reasons is that you are keeping higher rates of your players in school for more years.

Even with that the Hogs finished at 25 and will move up as they land a couple graduate transfers over the next several weeks.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2016, 01:38:53 pm
I trust Richard Davenport and if he says we have a good class I believe we have a good class.
I'll try to follow the advice of so many truly in the know when it comes to judging/grading the real value and level of any recruiting class. I'll try to keep track of what happens over the next several years to see how many of these players actually get on the field and what are their performances. Obviously that applies to EVERY SCHOOL'S CLASS.

JIHawg

Quote from: thefisher on February 09, 2016, 06:10:13 pm
Except that CBB is retaining recruits at a higher rate than at many other schools.  You find a direct correlation between the school ratings and the number of recruits signed.  You are missing half the equation and thereby misunderstanding the results you are seeing in the rankings. 19 of the 24 teams in front of the Hogs this past year signed more recruits. It speaks to their attrition rates from the team for one reason or another.  Not having higher rated classes is perfectly acceptable if one of the primary reasons is that you are keeping higher rates of your players in school for more years.

Even with that the Hogs finished at 25 and will move up as they land a couple graduate transfers over the next several weeks.

My kind of poster-buries the trolls with facts.

TuskFexas

2016 was just a couple CBs from being an outstanding class. 
The smoker I drink, the player I get!