Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Bowl. Denver vs Carolina ....who do you I have?

Started by Lanny, February 07, 2016, 12:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hoosier

Quote from: Lanny on February 07, 2016, 12:06:40 pm
Carolina by 10
You're probably right but been a broncos fan since before Elway .
Go broncos

scruf

Dr. Starcs

Lanny

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 07, 2016, 12:20:48 pm
Can't stand either team.

Cheering for the refs.
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan but like to watch a great football team.  What is it you don't like?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HOGINTENNESSEE

I think Panther roll.

But there is a reason they play the game

SemperFi

Carolina 33
Denver 16

Just can't see Denver beating Carolina although I do wish that they would.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jjdlc

Rooting for Denver, expecting Carolina.  Never know though, I was expecting Denver over Seattle a couple years ago, and we all know how that turned out.

Sed76

Since I despise Cam Newton with a burning passion I figure Carolina will win with ease. Would love to see Denver destroy him and wipe that grin off his face.

The NewEra

I'm pulling for Denver.  I don't really care much for either team, but I hope Denver humbles Cam.  I think Newton is a terrible role model for our youth and I don't want to see future generations believing his antics are ones to be emulating.

Torqued pork

I don't think Denver's offense will do much against the Carolina defense.
Carrolina 27
Denver 14

Grumpypenguin

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Sed76 on February 07, 2016, 12:27:33 pm
Since I despise Cam Newton with a burning passion I figure Carolina will win with ease. Would love to see Denver destroy him and wipe that grin off his face.

This

Razorbacks#1

Denver Broncos fan for life. Hoping for another win.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

k.c.hawg

I got Denver and 7 when it was running 5 1/2. I think Denver has the corners to shut down Carolina on the outside. I think Denver has a front 7 that can get to Newton and contain Newton to some degree and run him down when he does get out of the pocket.. I expect Newton to make a critical mistake or two throwing off his back foot, Harris and Talib capitalize. Where Denver can't drive the ball 80 on Carolina, Denver scores enough to stay in it, from a couple of short fields.

That probably means Carolina by 35 at the half!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Ironhawg

Oliver

The Patriots aren't in it so everybody wins.

Panthers by 5

ricepig

threeNout

Denver 27
Caroina  19

serious prediction,  I banking on SB QB-ing experience, and/or lack thereof, meaning a lot.

Atlhogfan1

Pulling for Denver.  O line is as weak as the one who went against Seattle so confidence is low.  That was the difference in that SB and probably will be in this one.  That and DT and VD have decided to stop catching passes. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Starcs

Lanny, I was just over the manning hype 5+ years ago. I think the mannings are spoiled. After the way ole arch got involved with little eli and choosing where he wanted him to go. And now there's the whole hgh thing. Just not a fan of that family.

And I will never cheer for $cam.

Wouldn't mind seeing D-Ware get a ring though.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 07, 2016, 01:54:15 pm
Lanny, I was just over the manning hype 5+ years ago. I think the mannings are spoiled. After the way ole arch got involved with little eli and choosing where he wanted him to go. And now there's the whole hgh thing. Just not a fan of that family.

I like peyton. Don't like Eli. Can't stand Cam but he's pretty awesome. Wish he would break an ankle doing one of his celebrations. Maybe that would break him from that crap.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

GO

Would really love to see Peyton go out on top so my heart will be pulling for Denver. My head tells me the Panthers make a pretty easy game out of it.

Panthers 31
Denver 17

PorkRinds

I've been a panthers fan since I was a kid when they came in as an expansion team.  I honestly just liked the colors and mascot.  Hated when we got Cam, but I've come to appreciate him when he's not playing the Hogs.  That said, I wouldn't be mad if Manning got a super bowl ring in his last game.  I'm a sucker for a good story, and he deserves to go out in style.  So I'll be ok either way. I expect the Panthers to win by two scores.

gmarv

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 07, 2016, 01:54:15 pm

Really the HGH? Even though the guy who made the claims said he made it up to add credibility and recanted the entire thing?

Dr. Starcs

And even though they stand by their report that a shipment was in fact sent to the manning house in Florida.

I understand its not proof that he did anything, but in this day and age its hard not to at least question it.

popcornhog

I don't care too much who wins -- no strong feelings.

I'd go with the Panthers to win, they look really good. I'd like to see Manning go out with a bang though.
WPS

hawginbigd1

I am pulling for Manning to ride off in the sunset with a final ring!

Professor Psychosis

Last time this many people were picking against Denver was Super Bowl 32.  That turned out pretty good if you're a Broncos fan.  And I am.

Wayne Watson

I want Broncos to win but am afraid Panthers will be too tough today.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 07, 2016, 02:28:23 pm
And even though they stand by their report that a shipment was in fact sent to the manning house in Florida.

I understand its not proof that he did anything, but in this day and age its hard not to at least question it.
So the guy told the truth about selling HGH to PM (even though he was an intern 3 years later) but he's not telling the truth when he says he made the entire thing up? Hmmm
Also the reality is even if PM used HGh it would've been 1. Before it was against the NFL rules and 2. For recovery from a surgery and taken during the year he didn't even play.

Atlhogfan1

I hate what the networks have done to the Super Bowl. 

GO BRONCOS!
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2016, 02:58:43 pm

GO BRONCOS!
I agree here. Political agendas have no place in football or sports in general.

Hogarusa

Its weird what bothers people.  NFL players have been dancing since i started watching in the early 80s. Not sure why Cam's dancing and smiling is any different. I imagine it really irks you when he hands the ball to children as well.  Carolina 30-17
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ricepig

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2016, 03:00:34 pm

The Super Bowl is the most non football day of the season. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 07, 2016, 03:01:33 pm
Its weird what bothers people.  NFL players have been dancing since i started watching in the early 80s. Not sure why Cam's dancing and smiling is any different. I imagine it really irks you when he hands the ball to children as well.  Carolina 30-17

I'm okay with Cam.  "White Shoes" did it decades ago.  I'm good with it.  Keep Elton John, Bruno and Coldplay away from football.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2016, 02:58:43 pm

GO BRONCOS!
I don't care for all of the non-football fluff. Those old films with the voice of John Facenda are still the best.

popcornhog

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2016, 03:00:34 pm

Ad space goes to highest bidder -- it's a free market -- who cares if it's a political ad, Best Buy ad, McDonald's ad, etc? I just block it out.
WPS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 07, 2016, 03:03:19 pm
I don't care for all of the non-football fluff. Those old films with the voice of John Facenda are still the best.

Absolutely.  Would love pregame to be nothing but the history.  But today we have viewers who aren't football fans.  Have I missed the what they wore to the stadium segment?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 07, 2016, 03:01:33 pm

I like the part where he hands the kids the ball. Hate the first down dances, but not just from him. All of it. These days theres a player celebrating every play. And when the celebrations are "pre-planned", it makes it worse.  Not sure why I hate it but I do. Theres a difference in celebrating and drawing attention to yourself.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

lumphog

SPAL

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Carolina 27-13, not a total blowout, but not close either.

The media darling Broncos, I've never understood why the media has been tripping over each other rooting for that team for 30 years in a sickening fashion, have not faced an offense that runs the ball like Carolina.

Like Cam Newton or not, I can understand why many don't, the guy is a freak at 6'6 250 with the same 40 time as LeVeon Bell and a big arm.

The injuries last season and the car wreck taught him to play in the pocket more, the Donkeys are going to get gashed by the zone read while Von "PED" Miller and Ware are rushing up the field while the ball is already gone.

Nobody wants to say it, like Peyton Manning is God, but the guy has lost arm strength to the point that he has one of the weakest arms of any QB in the NFL.

He was able to throw it some downfield in the 1st quarter vs NE, but not in the last 3 quarters.

Carolina will sit on the short routes and has had two weeks to prep and won't be surprised like the Patriots were by what Denver did early in that game.

No amount of gyrating like he's doing the St. Vitas dance or yelling Omaha 587 times at the line will save Manning from a very good rush like the Panthers have and he can't escape like Newton.

Also, Denver's offensive line is weaker than Carolina's. Khalil Mack of the Raiders had 5 sacks on Denver.

If Carolina starts anything like they have in the playoffs, it will be a rout. I do think the Donkeys can slow them down enough to stay within 2 TDs, though.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Cinco de Hogo

Any Razorback fan that doesn't have money on the game that mentions Carolina, Panthers, or any thing connected to them and win in the same breath should be shot. 

Seriously!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on February 07, 2016, 03:51:33 pm
Carolina 27-13, not a total blowout, but not close either.

The media darling Broncos, I've never understood why the media has been tripping over each other rooting for that team for 30 years in a sickening fashion, have not faced an offense that runs the ball like Carolina.

Like Cam Newton or not, I can understand why many don't, the guy is a freak at 6'6 250 with the same 40 time as LeVeon Bell and a big arm.

The injuries last season and the car wreck taught him to play in the pocket more, the Donkeys are going to get gashed by the zone read while Von "PED" Miller and Ware are rushing up the field while the ball is already gone.

Nobody wants to say it, like Peyton Manning is God, but the guy has lost arm strength to the point that he has one of the weakest arms of any QB in the NFL.

He was able to throw it some downfield in the 1st quarter vs NE, but not in the last 3 quarters.

Carolina will sit on the short routes and has had two weeks to prep and won't be surprised like the Patriots were by what Denver did early in that game.

No amount of gyrating like he's doing the St. Vitas dance or yelling Omaha 587 times at the line will save Manning from a very good rush like the Panthers have and he can't escape like Newton.

Also, Denver's offensive line is weaker than Carolina's. Khalil Mack of the Raiders had 5 sacks on Denver.

If Carolina starts anything like they have in the playoffs, it will be a rout. I do think the Donkeys can slow them down enough to stay within 2 TDs, though.

Raiders fan?  How's that Fresno stadium bid going?