Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday after Thanksgiving just got more crowded.

Started by Destin2bAhog, February 06, 2016, 01:15:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Destin2bAhog

Texas vs TCU and Baylor vs TT have moved to Friday after Thanksgiving instead of the usual Thanksgiving format.   The Big 12-?+? is still trying to figure it out.

I really like playing on Thanksgiving +1 as a tradition...even if it is Misery.

Hogarusa

Baylor/TCU played Black Friday night this past season
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

texas tush hog

Quote from: Destin2bAhog on February 06, 2016, 01:15:48 pm
Texas vs TCU and Baylor vs TT have moved to Friday after Thanksgiving instead of the usual Thanksgiving format.   The Big 12-?+? is still trying to figure it out.

I really like playing on Thanksgiving +1 as a tradition...even if it is Misery.

Who cares.

rljjr

Hoggy Hogalot

Quote from: rljjr on February 06, 2016, 03:52:38 pm
Nobody watches Fox1 or Fox2 Sports.
this is true for me. I've tried watching their version of sportscenter and can't make it thru a whole show

HOGINTENNESSEE

I look forward to watching those games after we beat Mizz in a similar fashion as this year.

Tusks

Man that Baylor/TT game has big time written allllll over it.  I bet it gets a whopping 1 share.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Torqued pork

Black Friday games are God's gift to the American male. It matters not who is playing.

rjm1940

I am sorry to see other teams moving their games to Friday.  I liked being the only game on TV on Friday.  I thought it was good exposure for us, although I do not know if it helped us much.

I doubt if those Texas games will affect us much.  I expect most of our viewers will be Arkansas, Missouri, or SEC fans.  Texas, TCU, Baylor, or Tech fans probably would not watch a game between Arkansas and Missouri unless one or both teams were highly ranked or unless the results of our game could affect the chances of one of the Texas teams making the playoffs.

Even so I would prefer to be the only game in town.

ricepig

Quote from: rjm1940 on February 06, 2016, 10:20:36 pm
I am sorry to see other teams moving their games to Friday.  I liked being the only game on TV on Friday.  I thought it was good exposure for us, although I do not know if it helped us much.

I doubt if those Texas games will affect us much.  I expect most of our viewers will be Arkansas, Missouri, or SEC fans.  Texas, TCU, Baylor, or Tech fans probably would not watch a game between Arkansas and Missouri unless one or both teams were highly ranked or unless the results of our game could affect the chances of one of the Texas teams making the playoffs.

There were 15 games on Friday, more than likely, most were on TV somewhere.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/seasontype/2/week/13

woodhog14

Quote from: rjm1940 on February 06, 2016, 10:20:36 pm
I am sorry to see other teams moving their games to Friday. I liked being the only game on TV on Friday.  I thought it was good exposure for us, although I do not know if it helped us much.

Ever since we started playing LSU on the Friday after Thanksgiving and now Missouri, we have not been the only game on Friday. There have been multiple games on that day.

outlawhogeywells

rjm1940

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2016, 10:27:53 pm
There were 15 games on Friday, more than likely, most were on TV somewhere.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/seasontype/2/week/13

Really?  I had no idea another game was being played on Friday after Thanksgiving.  I assure you I never watched anyone other than Arkansas and LSU.  I though the whole country was watching with me.

In light of this information, I wonder why we are playing on Friday.  Maybe we should move our game to Saturday.

ricepig, thank you for enlightening me.

ricepig

Quote from: rjm1940 on February 07, 2016, 01:22:37 pm
Really?  I had no idea another game was being played on Friday after Thanksgiving.  I assure you I never watched anyone other than Arkansas and LSU.  I though the whole country was watching with me.

In light of this information, I wonder why we are playing on Friday.  Maybe we should move our game to Saturday.

I guess to not be in the mess with the 43 games on Saturday. If we maintain our CBS soot on Friday, we'll continue it then.

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2016, 01:27:06 pm

I guess to not be in the mess with the 43 games on Saturday. If we maintain our CBS soot on Friday, we'll continue it then.

Does anyone know when they officially announce who is playing in the Friday game?  I assume we shouldn't have any competition since A&M is playing LSU at home this season.  It has already been announce that game in on Thanksgiving.

Hogarusa

Quote from: rjm1940 on February 07, 2016, 01:22:37 pm

Kind of an odd sarcastic reaction since you posted you like the Hogs being the lone game on Friday, no? Maybe the initial post was sarcastic
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Rocket23

Bacons Rebellion

The Black Friday stores will empty when people here Baylor vs. Texas Tech is on TV. A potential disaster for the Chinese economy.

Hog N Bama

The bean counters finally figured out the "captive" audience that favors ratings on that day. Our secret is out. :(

Hoggish1

A trip to Atlanta will be on the line for our game with Mizzou so we should have a huge national audience...

DeltaBoy

I love seeing games Thanksgiving afternoon and on Friday and Saturday .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 07, 2016, 06:28:13 pm
We are the only game in the time slot.

Maybe the only game that has the same start time, but there were other games going on. Neb/Iowa and then another game started after the Hogs as well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

woodhog14

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2016, 01:37:02 pm
Maybe the only game that has the same start time, but there were other games going on. Neb/Iowa and then another game started after the Hogs as well.

Yep, there were 5 other games on during our game this past year.

Missouri at Arkansas   1:30 pm   CBS
Boise State at San Jose State   2:30 pm   CBSSN
Iowa at Nebraska   2:30 pm   ABC / espn3
Washington State at Washington   2:30 pm   FOX
Oregon State at Oregon   3:00 pm   FS1
UMass at Buffalo   3:30 pm   ESPNU

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 06, 2016, 09:39:19 pm
Black Friday games are God's gift to the American male. It matters not who is playing.

Truth.