Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recuriting Ramble

Started by ChicagoHog, February 06, 2016, 11:29:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicagoHog

Quote from: westside_player on February 08, 2016, 12:11:11 am

I'm real good friends with a girl that went to school there in the mid 2000's and knew a few football players. She told me that she had overheard one player tell another student they don't talk about where they get their nice cars. 

Greg Hardy and Dexter McCluster wrecked a new Cadillac Escalade their last year there.  How does a 21 year old acquire a 70k dollar ride when he don't even work? I'm pretty confident Ole Miss has the booster(s) and have been in the business of doing it long enough that we're seeing the byproduct of an elevated amount of benefits being thrown around under the table. For years, they haven't been that good so no one really cares.  But in their case, someone over there may not be so concerned with winning the SEC, but just simply competing and making a bowl. The more wins, the more ticket sales, the more money the school makes, the better the big money booster feels.  Nutt had such a poor last 2 years there that someone said, this ain't happening again.

I'll put it like this. If I was rich and I was obsessed with how many games the hogs won, I'd be doing what I could to get the players my coach wanted on the roster especially if I liked the coach. You can bet whoever is throwing money around down there loves Freeze.

I'm down in Oxford quite a bit visiting friends, ill actually be at the game this weekend in their new basketball stadium.  Im starting to understand where the money comes from; Oxford seems like it could be the epicenter of a extremely wealthy group of boosters that are long time OM alums.

Eventually someone is going to screw up and the long money trail will find its way right back to Freeze and the football team.