Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GA as Oline Coach

Started by litmachog, February 05, 2016, 05:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Has anyone heard if the GA that served as Oline coach for the bowl game found employment anywhere?

TebowHater

Exit Pursued by a Boar

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on February 05, 2016, 05:20:28 pm
Asst OLine Coach at LSU

How can he be an Asst OL coach, you are only allowed 9 assistant coaches. He must be some Quality Control type coach.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/CoachMateos

Assistant Coach at LSU with @coachgrimey and the Tiger Offensive Line.
Married to a perfect 10,
@CaitMateos. Geaux Tigers.  :puke:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on February 05, 2016, 06:24:56 pm

Married to a perfect 10,

Yeah, I read that, but he isn't listed on their coach's listing, he isn't a coach per say.

factchecker

2 of our former grad assistants are now at SEC teams

Mateos (offensive g.a. = o-line) @ corndogs

Patrick Doherty (offensive g.a. = signal caller) @ chaney and pittman's love connection

I'm happy that our former support staff (g.a.'s and quality control) are getting coaching positions but I'd rather them be outside the SEC. 

Send em all to Hawaii or UTEP.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Porquemada

Why does LSU and it's fan insist on spelling Corndog "Geaux"?

TebowHater

It is probably some sort of quality control coach position. I know that when Brian Early was here his Twitter bio read something similar about "Asst Coach at U of A", and I am sure many of our current quality control coaches list something similar.

COCHISE

Quote from: TebowHater on February 05, 2016, 05:20:28 pm
Asst OLine Coach at LSU
or paid informant. Think Miles won't be picking Mateos' brain about our offense/play calling.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on February 05, 2016, 06:24:56 pm

Married to a perfect 10,
Grad Assistant Coach at LSU with @coachgrimey and the Tiger Offensive Line. Married to a perfect 10,

So he IS STILL A GA. Why didnt we keep him?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 06, 2016, 10:06:26 am
Grad Assistant Coach at LSU with @coachgrimey and the Tiger Offensive Line. Married to a perfect 10,

So he IS STILL A GA. Why didnt we keep him?

You can only be a GA for a maximum of three years, he was, so he moved on.

Hogwild

QuoteEric Mateos has been hired as an assistant offensive line coach at LSU.
Although the school hasn't officially announced the hiring, the former Arkansas graduate assistant updated his biography on Twitter with his new position with the Tigers.
He also tweeted "Let's Geaux!" with a Tiger emoji Friday evening.
Mateos was a graduate assistant at Arkansas for three seasons, the maximum allowed by the NCAA, and served as the Razorbacks' interim offensive line coach for the Liberty Bowl after Sam Pittman left for Georgia.
Several of Arkansas' offensive linemen said they hoped to play well enough against Kansas State to earn Mateos a full-time job and they did, paving the way for an offense that gained 569 yards.

GolfnHog

So if he spent 3 years as a Hogs GA does or is he permitted to do another GA stint at another school or is 3 years the max regardless of the # of schools? Like someone else mentioned earlier, thrilled Hogs are getting coaching opportunities but I'd prefer they cut their teeth outside the SEC once GA's are done!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

lilRockNDubb

Guess he didn't sign a no compete...

reddogjcss

He got a great starting job with LSU, i wish him success unless we are playing against him.

jgphillips3

Good for him.  I do kind of hate it for him though that after we beat LSU for the third straight year he's going to have to move so quickly. ;)

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog