Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's a guess on a RB coach....

Started by PorkBilly, February 05, 2016, 02:54:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkBilly

Hambunctious

CBB is getting tweets with suggestions.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hogg_Phan

How much did Coach Sing make here. This guy makes $192k.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

SONofHAM

Guessing at CBB's hires will prove futile.  Don't understand why people still do this.  Just hide and watch.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Peyton Hillis.  All RB's would have truck pulling as part of their training regime. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

JackJohnson

won't be ingram.  he got fired for soliciting a prostitute.

his replacement jabbar jaluke would be a possibly as he was at La Tech and was a long time HS coach in new Orleans.  him and smith would be pretty formidable down there

hogfanonthelake

Polecat

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 05, 2016, 03:27:51 pm
Peyton Hillis.  All RB's would have truck pulling as part of their training regime. 

whilst clad in camo
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

sickboy

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 05, 2016, 03:33:29 pm

Statistically, and technically speaking, this is #UNCOMMON.

Hog1952

We need an ace recruiter with Texas ties.

WayneHawg

Athog

Seebs

Caramouche has applied - player/coach
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

1longshot

Someone none of us thought of most have never heard of who is an incredible steal at the price we'll pay to get him.  You know the usual.

yraciv

This is probably to be impossible to guess, but I'll throw out a name I like that I think we could get.  My out there pick is Deland McCullough -
http://247sports.com/Coach/Deland-McCullough-1281
Indiana has had a couple pro running backs come through in recent years. Deland is a former pro RB, who is from Youngstown, Ohio. It's tough to recruit to Indiana, but he appears to do a good job with his limited resources.

BPsTheMan

Redbug

Quote from: hogfanonthelake on February 05, 2016, 03:47:15 pm
Curtis Looper

Yeah...he was trooper taylor's running buddy at okie state while their $$$recruiting$$$ took a giant step up in the Houston/State of Texas....they both left town the year after trooper arrived along with a  $uce$$ful recruiting seasons just steps ahead of the ncaa violations posse...both went to AUbie along with Gus when Cheesedick was hired for the good 'ol CamScam and subsequent $$$MNC$$$...quite a crew of characters huh?  goes with along with the saying "the company you keep"....

hogfanonthelake

He must be good at not getting caught because he is still a top recruiter with ties to our recruiting areas.

COCHISE

tophawg19

Larry Porter would help recruiting and seems to be a good RB coach
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TX HOG

I mean, someone may call it.  seriously, who called our current new assistant coaches??  Coach B think way outside the box it seems...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TX HOG on February 05, 2016, 09:02:35 pm
I mean, someone may call it.  seriously, who called our current new assistant coaches??  Coach B think way outside the box it seems...

Of our current coaches Lunney, Robb Smith, Hargreaves, & Jennings were either speculated or reported by the rumor mill.

Enos, Segrest and Kurt Anderson I don't think anyone could have predicted

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 09:08:30 pm
Of our current coaches Lunney, Robb Smith, Hargreaves, & Jennings were either speculated or reported by the rumor mill.

Enos, Segrest and Kurt Anderson I don't think anyone could have predicted

Yeah, but his RB coaches weren't totally left field choices. Thomas was a known commodity at Washington, and Singleton was at OSU lite.

tophawg19

i don't think CBB took losing those last recruits very well. I think this will be a coach with a strong recruiting back ground .

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 05, 2016, 08:58:52 pm

You put Larry Porter in Louisiana & Texas and watch recruiting explode.  He recruits these skill positions with a very, very high rate of success (RB, WR, DB)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogman2

redeye

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 05, 2016, 03:33:29 pm

his replacement jabbar jaluke would be a possibly as he was at La Tech and was a long time HS coach in new Orleans.  him and smith would be pretty formidable down there

Isn't Jabbar Jaluke the guy many LSU fans want to replace Frank Wilson?

He'd be a great choice, if LSU doesn't hire him first.

sage_dragoon

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 05, 2016, 09:44:04 pm
You put Larry Porter in Louisiana & Texas and watch recruiting explode.  He recruits these skill positions with a very, very high rate of success (RB, WR, DB)
Would he leave UNC to come to the SEC? I wonder.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: sage_dragoon on February 05, 2016, 10:34:31 pm
Would he leave UNC to come to the SEC? I wonder.

He's a Memphis Alum that was born in Mississippi so I bet all we have to do is just  come close to matching his present salary of 240K.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SONofHAM on February 05, 2016, 03:24:27 pm
Guessing at CBB's hires will prove futile.  Don't understand why people still do this.  Just hide and watch.

It's kind of like trying to guess what your wife is thinking...........O.K. Bad analogy. Sorry.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 05, 2016, 08:58:52 pm

NOOOOOOOO!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BPsTheMan

hire my cousin Bill Shimek - he's only like 80 years old, he can still go

hobhog

ricepig

tophawg19

YEEESSSSSSSSS. Porter can coach and recruits at a high level

BPsTheMan

Larry Porter is an idiot

when he became head coach at Memphis, he forced his coaching staff to all wear head phones during practice so they could communicate with Porter during the simplest of drills, as if

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 06, 2016, 08:42:37 am
Larry Porter is an idiot

when he became head coach at Memphis, he forced his coaching staff to all wear head phones during practice so they could communicate with Porter during the simplest of drills, as if

We don't care if he can coach, we'll get a GA for that, we need a RB coach that can land at least one recruit.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2016, 08:43:26 am
We don't care if he can coach, we'll get a GA for that, we need a RB coach that can land at least one recruit.

time for your nap ricer  >:(

:D

COCHISE

While I can't predict who our next RB coach will be, I can predict what reply #1 will be once his name is posted on here......."Who?"

tophawg19

n.carolina had a good year and a good run game

ricepig

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 05, 2016, 06:56:14 pm
Fire Clint Conque  >:(

Concur. This is something we can all agree on. Thanks, Harry!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

tophawg19

I say we hire Brent Venables . He could run the whole defense by himself and would only recruit super stars . Then the rest of the staff could focus on offense and special teams . Maybe if we hired Clint Conque to run the offense the rest could all do special teams

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2016, 09:17:40 am
I say we hire Brent Venables . He could run the whole defense by himself and would only recruit super stars . Then the rest of the staff could focus on offense and special teams . Maybe if we hired Clint Conque to run the offense the rest could all do special teams

Now we are talking. We can't be the only 2 ppl on this board that thinks this is a great idea. I'm sure we can find at least one more........

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: COCHISE on February 06, 2016, 08:47:04 am
While I can't predict who our next RB coach will be, I can predict what reply #1 will be once his name is posted on here......."Who?"

Or huh? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2016, 08:40:21 am
YEEESSSSSSSSS. Porter can coach and recruits at a high level

Recruit = yes...........Coach = not one iota.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 06, 2016, 08:42:37 am
Larry Porter is an idiot

He's another Trooper. Great recruiter and terrible coach.

scruf

Someone said Venables and still no sign of GoHogs. He's like Candyman when it comes to that name.