Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Singleton to Indianapolis Colts

Started by Trey1981, February 05, 2016, 01:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

Jeez... Could everybody get off us for a bit?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

rkjones

Sad to see a disruption of consistency in the coaching staff.  Excited to see who we bring in to upgrade the position. 

rhog1

Wow that sucks. I loved the extra focus on not fumbling coach Sings brought.

Trey1981

Sucks to lose him.  I thought he was great for us this year as a position coach.

I do look forward to following the RBs in Indy this year and seeing their improvement. I think he's going to be great in the NFL.

navyhog24

Let's the speculation begin on who the replacement will be....I'm sure no one will have a clue who it'll be

Polecat

Quote from: rkjones on February 05, 2016, 02:00:24 pm
Sad to see a disruption of consistency in the coaching staff.  Excited to see who we bring in to upgrade the position. 

The NFL giveth (Anderson) and the NFL taketh away (Sings)
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

rhog1

Hopefully Whaley doesn't feel lied too in this situation as well.

TX HOG

If we're losing coaches to the NFL that means coach B is hiring great coaches. Maybe too good of coaches...   ;D

younghog

Crazy..

Seems like CBB hires the BEST and others snag em..

UNREAL
GO HOGS

bell2629

"He is the program's second running backs coach to leave for the NFL in less than a year."

I hate to see Singleton go, but if I were a RB coach, the above quote would damn sure get my attention. I'll be interested to see who we can bring in.
Praise the Lard!

BRHogfan

Quote from: TX HOG on February 05, 2016, 02:06:13 pm
If we're losing coaches to the NFL that means coach B is hiring great coaches. Maybe too good of coaches...   ;D

Maybe his coaches are too aspirational.  Still I would rather see guys that other schools want on the staff than the head coaches brother....

PorkSoda

Quote from: rhog1 on February 05, 2016, 02:05:09 pm
that was my first thought as well.  but as long as CBB is running the show, there will be no shortage of touches for RBs
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

lilRockNDubb

I'd rather it be the NFL then another college team. It looks better

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogcam

Quote from: Wildhog on February 05, 2016, 02:10:25 pm
Good. Now go get a stud recruiter
This. So tired of our kick off coverage this year. His title was special teams coordinator as well.

Hogdomer

There is almost no doubt he was.  It seems highly unlikely that this wasn't in the works before Wednesday and I can't imagine Wahley was told.  The only thing you could say is that pretty much every coach/team does it at some point. 

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 05, 2016, 02:05:32 pm
Let's the speculation begin on who the replacement will be....I'm sure no one will have a clue who it'll be
We never do.

ADavisTheGOAT

I hope we piss Florida off and hire Tim Skipper.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

lilRockNDubb

CBB has always preached he wants the kid committed to the program and not the coach. He's said that since day 1. So hopefully Whaley was committed to the school.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Wildhog on February 05, 2016, 02:10:25 pm
Good. Now go get a stud recruiter
How about a recruiter of the Houston/Dallas areas?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Mike_e

Sheeeshe, at this rate CBB will have a bigger coaching tree than Frank in a couple of years.

WIsh coach Sings the best.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

kibster

We have some flexibility with this hire.  Coach Smith has coached RBs in the past, so he could always slide over there if there is a WR coach that we are eyeing. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: kibster on February 05, 2016, 02:28:30 pm
We have some flexibility with this hire.  Coach Smith has coached RBs in the past, so he could always slide over there if there is a WR coach that we are eyeing. 

This is true.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

Quote from: younghog on February 05, 2016, 02:07:04 pm
Crazy..

Seems like CBB hires the BEST and others snag em..

UNREAL

We are a stepping stone job. Plain and simple.

My goodness. Let us have one intact full season with no coaches leaving, injuries etc. It's getting old!

Wildhog

Singleton's probably more cut out for the NFL, anyway. He won't have to recruit.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 05, 2016, 02:19:45 pm
CBB has always preached he wants the kid committed to the program and not the coach. He's said that since day 1. So hopefully Whaley was committed to the school.
Who was his lead recruiter?

pigroots

Do colleges not pay as well as the pros? It speaks to the quality CBB hires but it'd be nice to keep a guy 3-4 years for stability in recruiting

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on February 05, 2016, 02:37:36 pm
Who was his lead recruiter?

Jennings, but Singleton was of course his position coach.

Hoggish1

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 05, 2016, 01:59:35 pm
Jeez... Could everybody get off us for a bit?

Hate it, but all it means is we have coaches that college and pro teams want to steal!

RaisinHog

Il be darned lol at least we finally kept one quite till after signing day like the other schools do !

The NewEra

Bielema is a coach building machine.  Want to see your stock rise overnight?  Go work for Coach Bielema for a year. 

hogcam

Singleton=Joel Thomas in my opinion. Neither can recruit worth a darn

HOGINTENNESSEE

Smith to RB coach and bring in George McDonald. Recruiting maximization

Positive Pete

Did CBB load up the running backs and take them to Singleton's house?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hogcam on February 05, 2016, 02:42:56 pm
Singleton=Joel Thomas in my opinion. Neither can recruit worth a darn

Singleton was better than JT IMO. But we could upgrade there

UAfanatic

Quote from: AP85 on February 05, 2016, 02:35:36 pm
We are a stepping stone job. Plain and simple.

My goodness. Let us have one intact full season with no coaches leaving, injuries etc. It's getting old!

going to the NFL makes it a career building job, not a stepping stone

A stepping stone is going from A-state to Mississippi.

Wildhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 02:43:19 pm

THIS.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

online-with-swine

I'm calling it right now.  AC to the Colts in the second round.

kaki

Darn if I am not getting cynical, but what does it mean when one of your coaches says how committed they are to the program, love the area, close to where I grew up and will probably finish my career here, so no need for a non-compete clause ala Pittman or tells you how much they liked the area after a military assignment in the state, ala Singleton?  I think it means that you better be collecting resumes because you have just had smoke blown up your rear end.

Vantage 8 dude

As much as I'm definitely for some stability on our staff, at least the Colts waited until after NSD to make the hire. I have faith that CBB will be able to find a good replacement. At least we have some time prior to spring practice and definitely before next fall to get the new guy integrated into the program.

Potosihog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 02:43:19 pm

But then we would have just said if it happened sooner we would have gotten Devin. He said weeks before signing day that if Smith was his position coach he would have signed with the hogs.  He was probably blowing hot air.

I do hate it for Whaley.  With the Georgia situation this can't sit well with him.

I hate this time of year.......I love this time of year........I hate this time of year.........I nevermind

Hogsmo Kramer

Come on man geez.

Find another franking coaching staff to raid, we've dealt with this crap enough this year.

I get it we have good coaches but damn this is getting old.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

regi

In my opinion, rb coaches only worth, is recruiting. It is the easiest position to coach, to maybe your best athletes. Go get a recruiter. A dog recruiter, that guy that other staffs fear when you arevup against him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: online-with-swine on February 05, 2016, 02:47:33 pm
I'm calling it right now.  AC to the Colts in the second round.

That would be a great situation for him

buldozer

The swinging door hurts recruiting for sure...