Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kody Walker

Started by Georgeofthejungle, February 05, 2016, 10:58:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

BB's not going to knowingly risk any kids health just so he can play football.  That's not what he's about.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: The NewEra on February 07, 2016, 10:59:33 am
BB's not going to knowingly risk any kids health just so he can play football.  That's not what he's about.

agreed.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on February 07, 2016, 10:51:15 am
What exactly was the surgery RWIII had Rice?  I never did hear if it was a spinal fracture or what.

I'm not going to say other than it was important to have been done in a short timeframe. It wasn't as much as life-threatening, as it was quality of life threatening. RWIII's might not have been as detailed as the other one, it appears he got rid of his neck brace quicker.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2016, 11:59:05 am
I'm not going to say other than it was important to have been done in a short timeframe. It wasn't as much as life-threatening, as it was quality of life threatening. RWIII's might not have been as detailed as the other one, it appears he got rid of his neck brace quicker.

Whatever the case, I was scared to death for the young man and I'm stunned to see him come back as quickly as he has.  I pray for great things for him, whether they be on the field or off.  I think he's a special kid with a very special family.

texhog22

KW DOES need to lean up a bit. He is carrying a lot of body fat. In know way does this help a running back. If he would drop about 15 lbs he would be much better. If he doesn't then I predict he wont be a feature back or at least he wont be very effective

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 07, 2016, 07:36:53 pm
RW3 will be 100%.
He was working out with other teammates on their day off. He is practicing and says he is good. He will be ready by fall.

Running is one thing - taking contact is another. CBB said he wasn't even sure he would allow him to participate in drills this spring. That says a lot about the injury and the caution they are taking.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hoglady

I just can't imagine how RWIII's parents feel - I am nervous about the kid playing again.
Unless he truly sees the NFL as his career path - I honestly would hate to see him come back and play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Georgeofthejungle on February 05, 2016, 10:58:08 am
   Not sure if it has been discussed on here, but with Kody Walker projecting to be one of our feature backs next year, does anyone think he could possibly slim him down a little? I know he's naturally a bigger back, but wanted to get some opinions on him possibly playing at "around" 235? He had some really good moments this past season, and I like his potential in 2016 being a little quicker. 

I agree.  If he is to play RB he needs to get his weight down to around 240 LBS.  He has pretty good vision and has been there over 5 years so he should do ok.   If Cody gets his body ready to be a full time TB and not a hybrid FB/TB then I don't see a reason to bring in a senior transfer unless he is really, really good.

younghog

Quote from: texhog22 on February 07, 2016, 02:59:34 pm
KW DOES need to lean up a bit. He is carrying a lot of body fat. In know way does this help a running back. If he would drop about 15 lbs he would be much better. If he doesn't then I predict he wont be a feature back or at least he wont be very effective

Looked fine to me..

KEEP DOING IT..
GO HOGS