Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Anderson Puts it down!

Started by hawginbigd1, February 04, 2016, 01:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Remus

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:32:54 pm
I just don't go for taking to social media and running your mouth.....which actually, much to his credit, Bielema himself has not done in quite a while.

lutherheggs

BorderPatrol

oldhawg

I'm kinda enjoying the change of pace.  I'm sure it is deliberate with a purpose.  We'll just have to see where it takes us, because I doubt that the coaches change tactics.

ricepig

sylamore

I used to hate kids showboating in the end zone, and followed the mantra; "Act like you've been there before." I used to hate long hair on kids coming down from their helmets. But things change and new occasions do teach new duties. Twitter is part of life now, just like hair down from helmets, and at least for the pros, end zone dancing. I am glad our coaches are more "with it" than many fans and pundits. The kids will like this sort of thing even if pundits don't. Times have changed, and ARK certainly stands in need of an attitude adjustment away from "little Ole Arkansas." It all is part of making it fun again, as well as believing in the future. Praise for CBB and Anderson. Keep it up; tweet away and stand tall.

3kgthog

BallHog1

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:09:19 pm
This is the exact reason why I have harped about why BB needs to quit talking.... is this the example he wants to set for his staff?

Someone should ask this young coach how Toledo and Texas Tech finished in their recruiting rankings before he runs his mouth again. Or even how LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Tennessee finished those seasons compared to us.
So we should just meekly stay in our place?
I'd hate to be on a team with you.

sylamore

Things are still being cleaned up after years and years of chronic chaos stemming from Frank having stayed much longer than he should have as AD, himself becoming a sad victim of his own pride and ego, firing excellent coaches like Holtz, and Hatfield, other keeping other coaches too long like Nutt. Then, just as things looked up it was the soap opera of "Petrino and the Blond". Culminating in the tragic fiasco of John L. Smith, AKA "Slappy the Clown." It will take several more years to wipe away the historic stains to this program and we are finally  on the right track. But it is a long term project. At least the Liberty Bowl is...a bowl. And compared to how far our program once fell, it may not be a "drop the mic" moment, but...it is a beginning of better things to come. That said, I still remain mystified about our first two games last year, which has to rest upon the shoulders of our present staff. But to their credit they rose up and reestablished the team's momentum. We are heading in the right direction. Tweeting a new aggressive attitude is part of the long climb back up

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 04, 2016, 01:51:19 pm
Bret has found his minion. 

Close enough. 

I hope he does not wait too long to lock him up long term. I'm starting to like this kid already. Don't want to see Harbaugh come knocking.

Murr

This is the exact reason why I have harped about why BB needs to quit talking.... is this the example he wants to set for his staff?

Someone should ask this young coach how Toledo and Texas Tech finished in their recruiting rankings before he runs his mouth again. Or even how LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Tennessee finished those seasons compared to us.

He talks for exposure.  Saban does the same thing but doesn't have to run his mouth; he'll just be hugging every single 'Tide drafted in the first round of the NFL draft on TV.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:20:41 pm
Not anymore than I am concerned about yours, lightweight. Besides, I love watching you guys get led around by the nose anyway.
Just curious: how do some of "you guys get led around by the nose anyway"? What point, if there is one, are you trying to make?

WoodyHog

Quote from: Polecat on February 04, 2016, 02:15:18 pm
Another Hog coach popping off on Twitter and giving other teams bulletin board material. I don't see how that benefits the program. I don't think you earn the right to run your mouth until you win a couple of championships, and maybe not even then. Brag with actions, not words. Just my opinion

You have to think you are the best before you are the best.  I like it -- the coaches are looking to pump up the players and instill belief and confidence.

atekido

how about show the class rankings of Toledo and TT.... 

WoodyHog

Quote from: atekido on February 04, 2016, 06:38:03 pm

I think those would actually support his point.  You win nothing based upon your recruiting rankings -- it is all earned on the field.

code red

My opinion?  Why give anyone in the SEC motivation?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Fatmanhog

I love the excitement these coaches are displaying. I don't get why some of you want to belittle everything they do. They freaking trying to build a program. But hey since we have had such a massive dynasty the past 25 years let's not inject the program with anything and keep doing what has been done before so you bitxh about being mediocre. I don't understand the ridicule of these guys trying to do what they have to do. We are a tough team to beat now and I'm not afraid to play anyone and these coaches deserve all the credit and display the attitude that you're not whipping our ass.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Southpointhog

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 04, 2016, 01:35:10 pm
Love the message but it needs a little copy editing help; the Ole Miss scores are switched and the final tally should be 6-1, not 7-1.
Doucher award!!

LZH

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 04, 2016, 04:52:04 pm
So we should just meekly stay in our place?
I'd hate to be on a team with you.

Odd....the last team I was on won a state championship. Check your records for quarterbacks in 1984. Nice try smart ass.

PorkRinds

Quote from: code red on February 04, 2016, 07:55:12 pm
lol good point.

If this is what motivates them, they're in serious trouble.

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...I thought this was awesome. It's called confidence, swag, or even support for the guys that just signed with us. What do you nay sayers want this staff to do? Nothing...ever? Oh yeah...the future recruits will LOVE our staff. No...THIS is EXACTLY what our staff needs to do! Flaunt a reason in choosing us.

This is literally CKA's start to recruiting for next season. And instead of you stick in the muds being happy that we have a coach that finds the positives in our program and proclaiming it in a way or RECRUITS LOVE, you sit there and bash it.

It's time to support this staff.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Granny

I am amazed that Coach Anderson has become my favorite assistant coach in less than a month.   :)

lumphog

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 04, 2016, 01:35:10 pm
Love the message but it needs a little copy editing help; the Ole Miss scores are switched and the final tally should be 6-1, not 7-1.
Numbers don't LIE

bphi11ips

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 04, 2016, 03:08:02 pm
Sorry LZH, I'm with Pork Rinds on this one.

I really dislike bragging and ''me, me, me pointing at yourself'' behavior.
Unfortunately, the culture has shifted from Clint Eastwood cool to Will Smith exhibitionism.

Saying that, what BB and Anderson are doing probably strikes a chord with young guys nowadays.

Walk softly and carry a big stick.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

gchamblee

The hogs are pretty lucky if you ask me. They only lost to those teams once this year, but youve lost to them every day since. My condolences for your struggle. For everyone else..... I Love CKA! This is how you own your wins and losses from a season.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Polecat on February 04, 2016, 02:15:18 pm
Another Hog coach popping off on Twitter and giving other teams bulletin board material.

Weak.  Twitter is not bulletin board material. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: jb11 on February 04, 2016, 02:43:02 pm
Yeah, that "Drop the mike" thing sure did go over well. I'm sure this will go over just as well.

Drop the mic season is over.  Now it's drop the hammer time...

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on February 04, 2016, 09:53:20 pm
The hogs are pretty lucky if you ask me. They only lost to those teams once this year, but youve lost to them every day since. My condolences for your struggle. For everyone else..... I Love CKA! This is how you own your wins and losses from a season.

I still have heartburn from the loss to Texas in 1985.

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:53:04 pm
I am still pretty young in mind and spirit, & I totally understand the need for attitude. I just wish these guys would stay off Twitter. If any of the players started really popping off tweets like this, I'm positive BB would shut that down immediately.

...and they don't because there is institutional control...

Greyhands

hawgmasta

Attitude like that resonates with big time players and recruits. They all have inflated egos and I for one enjoy seeing our staff with some heavy inflation.

Hambunctious

Maybe, just maybe, they're getting a little tired of the arrogant attitudes of some schools when it concerns the U of A. Like we should be a gimme game just because the recruiting rankings say so.  It sure wouldn't be accurate for any of them to think we were easy to beat even in a loss. 

Honestly, I am sick to death of Hog fans who say we can't ever be better than a middle tier school.  It's attitudes like that are contagious enough to make it into a self fulfilling prophecy.  Defeatist attitudes feed a lot of negativity into the consciousness of others, and that needs to be addressed in each, and every one of us.

Always with the negative waves...
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

AirForceHog

Why does it matter if a coach points out a statistic???? How is that bulletin board material. Sheesh. Like someone said they are trying to get rid of the poor ole Arkansas attitude. Buck up guys. No winning didn't happen overnight. But I promise with the way this program is going it definitely will be a force.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

TuskFexas

Quote from: code red on February 04, 2016, 07:50:37 pm
My opinion?  Why give anyone in the SEC motivation?
Yeah, let's invite them to hold hands and sing songs before the games.
Then they won't try very hard to beat us.
The smoker I drink, the player I get!

PorkRinds

Any coach that uses this as bulletin board material needs his head checked.  Go ahead and point out to your team that we've kicked their teeth in two years in a row even though they've killed it in the recruiting rankings.  I'm not sure that's going to instill much confidence in your team...

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 04, 2016, 02:25:25 pm
I dont think I actually shared an opinion, either way keep it up your "I'm an angry old guy, fear me cuz ive got more posts than you" schtick is fairly entertaining.

Plus one. Thats exactly the way it is.

lilRockNDubb

Iamjacksleftnutt

Oh and if you ask me. And I know that you haven't. This place needs to be purged. These stargazers are worse than annoying. They come here and tear down our class every single year !!! If recruiting services were better at evaluating talent than coaches then they would be making the big bucks coaching. Instead of giving bumps to every one who commits to a big name program.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: atekido on February 04, 2016, 06:38:03 pm

We're not recruiting against them.

jgphillips3

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 10:03:10 pm

You just had to go there.  The game where Horne tried to commit suicide but failed because he couldn't kick the chair out from under himself.  Not to mention the follow up in WMS where Tony Jones ripped our hearts out as time expired in 1987.  I think I need to go bleach my mind now.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Granny on February 04, 2016, 08:48:18 pm
I am amazed that Coach Anderson has become my favorite assistant coach in less than a month.   :)

You and me both Granny, we are gonna love this kid more, the longer he his here. And hell I don't even do Twitter or Facebook.

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:32:54 pm

I have bought into the fact that he is a better coach and CEO then I gave him credit for in December of 2012. I just don't go for taking to social media and running your mouth.....which actually, much to his credit, Bielema himself has not done in quite a while.

LZH, relax.  CBB knows exactly what he's doing and Anderson does too.

I'm more excited than ever that we are going to have an O-line with a huge chip on their shoulder.  Did you see it at the Liberty Bowl?  Better holes opened by that group than any time I can remember. 

We are just adding playing with an attitude to our repertoire...

The teams that don't like us in the SEC can just get ready for a big can that's going to be opened up on them.  I'm thinking Florida's fixing to find out about it when they visit. 

When you see red, like a Bull because you're mad as hell, you don't set the proper goals and lose your concentration.  When your motivation is payback you get gored by the Razorbacks...

It's a painful feedback loop Olepiss and LSU are now in... Both will be coming to RRS for another dose of having their @ss kicked on national TV.

Hawgar The Horrible

Jeebus. If someone has a problem with the tweet let it remain their problem, not yours.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 10:03:10 pm

The future is —> way...

southarkhog06

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 08:21:52 pm
Odd....the last team I was on won a state championship. Check your records for quarterbacks in 1984. Nice try smart ass.
1984, lol did they do the forward pass yet?

Seriously though what school?

BallHog1

I now feel even stronger about not being on a team with you. I'll refrain from the name calling.

wildhogman

How'd you do in college?

wildhogman

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 05, 2016, 01:27:39 am
Maybe, just maybe, they're getting a little tired of the arrogant attitudes of some schools when it concerns the U of A. Like we should be a gimme game just because the recruiting rankings say so.  It sure wouldn't be accurate for any of them to think we were easy to beat even in a loss. 

Honestly, I am sick to death of Hog fans who say we can't ever be better than a middle tier school.  It's attitudes like that are contagious enough to make it into a self fulfilling prophecy.  Defeatist attitudes feed a lot of negativity into the consciousness of others, and that needs to be addressed in each, and every one of us.

Always with the negative waves...
The funny part is most fans saying this about being middle of the pack, crucified Broyles for saying it. Just sayin