Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Anderson Puts it down!

Started by hawginbigd1, February 04, 2016, 01:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

TeedupHigh

Give'em hell Coach Kurt Anderson!  I am sick and tired of all the PC crap!  It's football!  Man up and act like you are not afraid of anyone!  Stop being a sissy and kick some ass!  To be the man you got to beat the man!  If you don't think you can, you never will!  sick of the we are poor little old Arkansas and only hope to beat someone!  Bama DB's intimidated our WR and they got short armed by knocking the crap out of them!  This is what we need!! Some men who are not afraid.  By the way, Kurt Anderson is unbeaten in the SEC and really acts like he is not scared.

TeedupHigh

Quote: "Odd....the last team I was on won a state championship. Check your records for quarterbacks in 1984. Nice try smart ass."

What team? Name it or it did not happen

drocktulsa

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 04, 2016, 01:35:10 pm
Love the message but it needs a little copy editing help; the Ole Miss scores are switched and the final tally should be 6-1, not 7-1.

He's just adding in Bielema's classic "1-0" 😉

Mike_e

Late to the party again but here goes

As the old adage says:  To punch somebody in the mouth you must first ball up your fist.

Give 'em Heck Coach.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

LZH

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 05, 2016, 08:19:52 am
You just had to go there.  The game where Horne tried to commit suicide but failed because he couldn't kick the chair out from under himself.

Ha! That is excellent!

Piney Woods Rooter

FreshHog

Quote from: jb11 on February 04, 2016, 02:43:02 pm
Yeah, that "Drop the mike" thing sure did go over well. I'm sure this will go over just as well.

Why would anyone drop mike? He's a nice guy!

FreshHog

Quote from: wildhogman on February 05, 2016, 12:49:59 pm

How'd you do in college?

based on his posts here... he wasnt admitted due to grades.  :puke:

LRAFBHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 04, 2016, 01:20:51 pm
The In your face is strong in this one ;D

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/695305733290663938
Guess he forgot there was a Bama, MSU, etc.  Ark is loosing the recruiting battle but we posters can always spin it to show we are one of the best.  BS, we joined 1992 and we haven't won crap in almost a quarter century in the way of championships.  This "ain't" horseshoes so don't come on with that close crap!!!!

oldhawg

Everyone has a choice, you can tout the positives or dwell on the negatives.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LRAFBHog on February 05, 2016, 05:17:16 pm
Guess he forgot there was a Bama, MSU, etc.  Ark is loosing the recruiting battle but we posters can always spin it to show we are one of the best.  BS, we joined 1992 and we haven't won crap in almost a quarter century in the way of championships.  This "ain't" horseshoes so don't come on with that close crap!!!!

I love the hogs even when they aren't winning championships. I'd settle for close to a championship right now if I'm being honest with you.

lutherheggs

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...you can always count on LRAFBHog  to come and try to derail a pro-Arkansas thread! Fact is, you have to be "close" before you can be in the Championship conversations.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

theFlyingHog

I bet he knows the difference between lose and loose.

PonderinHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 14, 2016, 02:37:32 pm
I bet he knows the difference between lose and loose.
If you lose the arrows you can't loose the arrows!

HogMantheIntruder

It's going to be interesting to see how successful this attitude towards, social media, that CBB seems to have and (maybe) encourages, turns out to be. This particular one, IMHO, was born a fail because of the typo. Beyond that, I'm anxious to see if it works.  They say there's no such thing as bad press. CBB has gotten his fair share of it due to this kind of thing, which many don't like, BUT it does get a program which is a big name, but not a BIG NAME, mentioned a whooole lot more than it otherwise would. JL is big on branding, and so is CBB.

Will it work?  I don't know. During the recruiting season, we were talked about and considered among the elite talent more so than in any time since CBP was here. That being said, we didn't close the deal at the end. I, personally, think that is where we missed Pittman. I'm not talking about the specific recruits he was in on, I'm talking about closing the deal with these guys while we had them on the hill. Regardless, we were in, and I mean really IN, on more top tier talent than we have been since way before CBP.  At the same time, it has made us some enemies, and they have plenty of ammo to use against us.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  In the mean time, I'm gonna enjoy the ride. At least it gives us a reason to talk CFB in that awful time just after NSD and before spring practice starts... I think it's called basketball season. 

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

gchamblee

Quote from: Poppa Tart on February 14, 2016, 04:51:10 pm
It's going to be interesting to see how successful this attitude towards, social media, that CBB seems to have and (maybe) encourages, turns out to be. This particular one, IMHO, was born a fail because of the typo. Beyond that, I'm anxious to see if it works.  They say there's no such thing as bad press. CBB has gotten his fair share of it due to this kind of thing, which many don't like, BUT it does get a program which is a big name, but not a BIG NAME, mentioned a whooole lot more than it otherwise would. JL is big on branding, and so is CBB.

Will it work?  I don't know. During the recruiting season, we were talked about and considered among the elite talent more so than in any time since CBP was here. That being said, we didn't close the deal at the end. I, personally, think that is where we missed Pittman. I'm not talking about the specific recruits he was in on, I'm talking about closing the deal with these guys while we had them on the hill. Regardless, we were in, and I mean really IN, on more top tier talent than we have been since way before CBP.  At the same time, it has made us some enemies, and they have plenty of ammo to use against us.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.  In the mean time, I'm gonna enjoy the ride. At least it gives us a reason to talk CFB in that awful time just after NSD and before spring practice starts... I think it's called basketball season.

?

Also, your post reads like "this attitude the coach seems to have and promote with the telephone may or may not work. The best colleges just write letters. Will it work? Time will tell". People need to realize that younger generations are using social media to communicate. They dont call people when they can text them, or drop them a message on one of many mediums that require no commitment to a conversation. Quit being afraid of communication mediums that you dont understand.

Peter Porker

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:53:04 pm
I am still pretty young in mind and spirit, & I totally understand the need for attitude. I just wish these guys would stay off Twitter MY LAWN !!!! If any of the players started really popping off tweets like this, I'm positive BB would shut that down immediately.

Believe it or not, I don't expect everyone to think the way I do. But, I am surprised that so many on here, especially the ones who have been around a while and have poured a lot of money into this program, are OK with this.

For what it's worth, it's not like I can do anything about it anyway. As long as he continues to win, I will deal with it.

FIFY, old man.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: gchamblee on February 14, 2016, 04:57:16 pm
?

Also, your post reads like "this attitude the coach seems to have and promote with the telephone may or may not work. The best colleges just write letters. Will it work? Time will tell". People need to realize that younger generations are using social media to communicate. They dont call people when they can text them, or drop them a message on one of many mediums that require no commitment to a conversation. Quit being afraid of communication mediums that you dont understand.
Also, you completely misread my post.  It's the cocky attitude and poking jabs at other programs/coaches.  Of course they're going to use social media to contact recruits and promote the program. This is about HOW they use it, not IF they use it.   ::)
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Nosboar Accubond

I like it... think about something... Saban fires back at people all the time. Just not on Twitter and he wins Championships... so it's ok...

Horsesh*t... he's only stating the obvious... This stuff happens in sports all the time... Heck even Harbaugh was taking shots as the SEC on Twitter just 2 weeks ago yet we've all already forgotten...

Grow a pair and quit whining... light'em up coach... it's sports and I like it

Mike_e

Guys, it's the cocky attitude is what resonates with the upper-tier players.

Do you really think that they aren't cocky themselves?  These guys are perfectly willing to call their shots and expect the people they respect to do the same.  The 50s/60s are long gone, these are the horses that are available.

BTW, I'm pushing 60 pretty hard myself but even an old hardhead like me knows that tomorrow will be an even newer day than today.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HOGGISHABOUTAR