Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Anderson Puts it down!

Started by hawginbigd1, February 04, 2016, 01:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

gmarv

TexasRazorback

Can't wait to see what this guy can do with a full year of recruiting  :razorback: :razorback:

Smokehouse

Love the message but it needs a little copy editing help; the Ole Miss scores are switched and the final tally should be 6-1, not 7-1.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Atlhogfan1

Bret has found his minion. 

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 04, 2016, 01:35:10 pm
Love the message but it needs a little copy editing help; the Ole Miss scores are switched and the final tally should be 6-1, not 7-1.

Close enough. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

longpig

Quote from: Surfing8 on February 04, 2016, 01:35:24 pm
I wasn't going to say it.

Maybe should only show the games and recruiting in this cycle as well, to omit the 2014 Auburn loss and include the Tenner win. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Bacon_Bitz

PorkRinds

LZH

Quote from: Poker_hog on February 04, 2016, 01:54:53 pm
Now do Alabama and a&m.
Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 04, 2016, 01:54:52 pm
And Mississippi State.

This is the exact reason why I have harped about why BB needs to quit talking.... is this the example he wants to set for his staff?

Someone should ask this young coach how Toledo and Texas Tech finished in their recruiting rankings before he runs his mouth again. Or even how LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Tennessee finished those seasons compared to us.

sickboy

To his defense, I don't think he created it. I saw it floating around on signing day on a couple other message boards.

southarkhog06

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:09:19 pm
This is the exact reason why I have harped about why BB needs to quit talking.... is this the example he wants to set for his staff?

Someone should ask this young coach how Toledo and Texas Tech finished in their recruiting rankings before he runs his mouth again. Or even how LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Tennessee finished those seasons compared to us.
Im sure they are both losing sleep at night with concern over your opinnion of their personalities.

Polecat

Another Hog coach popping off on Twitter and giving other teams bulletin board material. I don't see how that benefits the program. I don't think you earn the right to run your mouth until you win a couple of championships, and maybe not even then. Brag with actions, not words. Just my opinion
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

LZH

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 04, 2016, 02:15:41 pm
Im sure they are both losing sleep at night with concern over your opinnion of their personalities.

Not anymore than I am concerned about yours, lightweight. Besides, I love watching you guys get led around by the nose anyway.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 04, 2016, 01:51:19 pm
Bret has found his minion. 

Truer words have never been spoken... I know they look like brothers, but their attitude, intelligence, personalities are identical!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

idochog

He's trying to rid the gutters of this poor little Arkansas attitude most of the state and alot of the news media have of our own team.

Kudos to building a confident attitude
I love Jesus!

PorkRinds

Quote from: idochog on February 04, 2016, 02:22:07 pm
He's trying to rid the gutters of this poor little Arkansas attitude most of the state and alot of the news media have of our own team.

Kudos to building a confident attitude

Exactly.  His point is "who was complaining about recruiting rankings when we beat Ole Piss and LSU?" 

southarkhog06

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:20:41 pm
Not anymore than I am concerned about yours, lightweight. Besides, I love watching you guys get led around by the nose anyway.
I dont think I actually shared an opinion, either way keep it up your "I'm an angry old guy, fear me cuz ive got more posts than you" schtick is fairly entertaining.

PorkRinds

I'm kind of thankful we have another coach that's ruffling your feathers.  Get prepared LZH, Anderson is going to be getting your panties in a bunch way more than CBB did.  I, for one, like that he fired shots across the bow at those schools.  Bring on your high recruiting rankings, and we'll continue to beat your arse on the field.

Hogberry Snortcake

You should follow your own advice. 

DeltaBoy

I like Coach Anderson more all the time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 04, 2016, 02:31:19 pm
I like Coach Anderson more all the time.
wait you are aware he was born, and raised, and played ball north of the MD line, right?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Polecat on February 04, 2016, 02:15:18 pm
Another Hog coach popping off on Twitter and giving other teams bulletin board material. I don't see how that benefits the program. I don't think you earn the right to run your mouth until you win a couple of championships, and maybe not even then. Brag with actions, not words. Just my opinion

Yeah, how dare they attempt to push the positives of our team?  They should take their rightful place at the back of the bus and STFU instead of pointing out the obvious, that those top 5 recruiting classes led them to getting beat by us back to back years.  How dare these guys be vocal about being proud of our program?  :puke:

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 02:25:48 pm
I'm kind of thankful we have another coach that's ruffling your feathers.  Get prepared LZH, Anderson is going to be getting your panties in a bunch way more than CBB did.

Great.

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on February 04, 2016, 02:28:54 pm
You should follow your own advice. 

When I I'm hired to coach the Arkansas Razorbacks for almost four million dollars a year, you can bet your ass I will.

Oklahawg

Jesus Mary and Joseph...

...you can't drive to town if you never take your darned foot off the brake.

We found a coach willing to rev the engine and see what it can do and you fellers want to yank on the parking brake, talk about traffic laws, and harp on fuel economy. Let the man do his thang.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jb11

Yeah, that "Drop the mike" thing sure did go over well. I'm sure this will go over just as well.

idochog

Trying to build a culture of a certain type attitude, I like it.

The coaches have to instill this type of attitude into the players if you want us to compete for championships on a regular basis.
I love Jesus!

LZH

Quote from: idochog on February 04, 2016, 02:45:18 pm
Trying to build a culture of a certain type attitude, I like it.

The coaches have to instill this type of attitude into the players if you want us to compete for championships on a regular basis.

I am still pretty young in mind and spirit, & I totally understand the need for attitude. I just wish these guys would stay off Twitter. If any of the players started really popping off tweets like this, I'm positive BB would shut that down immediately.

Believe it or not, I don't expect everyone to think the way I do. But, I am surprised that so many on here, especially the ones who have been around a while and have poured a lot of money into this program, are OK with this.

For what it's worth, it's not like I can do anything about it anyway. As long as he continues to win, I will deal with it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:53:04 pm
I am still pretty young in mind and spirit, & I totally understand the need for attitude. I just wish these guys would stay off Twitter. If any of the players started really popping off tweets like this, I'm positive BB would shut that down immediately.

Believe it or not, I don't expect everyone to think the way I do. But, I am surprised that so many on here, especially the ones who have been around a while and have poured a lot of money into this program, are OK with this.

For what it's worth, it's not like I can do anything about it anyway. As long as he continues to win, I will deal with it.

You're not going to get a coach that stays off twitter...

ricepig

Why? He's just pointing out the facts of our games with them. If Toledo or Tech wants to put out a graph, let them, it's just facts.

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 02:54:59 pm
well maybe Bill Snyder

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 02:52:55 pm
Why? He's just pointing out the facts of our games with them. If Toledo or Tech wants to put out a graph, let them, it's just facts.

Evidently ole LZH is afraid it's going to hurt the feelings of the Ole Piss and LSU fans. 

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:53:04 pm

Love it, I'm surprised those who say to quit the "little ole Arkansas" mantra to issue with projecting ourselves. Oh, and if he isn't winning to your satisfaction, you'll still have to deal with.

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 02:54:59 pm

Well, I didn't really mean it like that. I should have said "I wish he wouldn't tweet things like that".

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 02:59:28 pm
Well, I didn't really mean it like that. I should have said "I wish he wouldn't tweet things like that".

You wish our coaches wouldn't point out that we've beaten LSU and Ole Miss two years in a row?  Why?

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 02:56:49 pm
Love it, I'm surprised those who say to quit the "little ole Arkansas" mantra to issue with projecting ourselves. Oh, and if he isn't winning to your satisfaction, you'll still have to deal with.

Can't argue with that.... unless I quit sending money to the program, which isn't going to happen. It just makes me cringe when I see things like this.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:03:11 pm
Can't argue with that.... unless I quit sending money to the program, which isn't going to happen. It just makes me cringe when I see things like this.

I bet you owned a "We didn't come to paint" t-shirt, same thing, haha.

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 03:01:51 pm
You wish our coaches wouldn't point out that we've beaten LSU and Ole Miss two years in a row?  Why?

Of course not, I just hate to see these things hit the Internet in the context of an 8th grader picking on someone else's girlfriend.

Maybe I should just put it this way, if that were another coach and/or program we would be laughing our butts off.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 02:24:16 pm
Exactly.  His point is "who was complaining about recruiting rankings when we beat Ole Piss and LSU?" 

Sorry LZH, I'm with Pork Rinds on this one.

I really dislike bragging and ''me, me, me pointing at yourself'' behavior.
Unfortunately, the culture has shifted from Clint Eastwood cool to Will Smith exhibitionism.

Saying that, what BB and Anderson are doing probably strikes a chord with young guys nowadays.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:07:56 pm
Of course not, I just hate to see these things hit the Internet in the context of an 8th grader picking on someone else's girlfriend.

Maybe I should just put it this way, if that were another coach and/or program we would be laughing our butts off.

Not really.  I don't see the comparison between our in conference rivals and an 8th grader picking on someone else's girlfriend.  All I see is them announcing to the world that we'll beat that top 5 class you paid for with our lower ranked classes.  Are you really that worried about us picking on Ole Miss and LSU?  It's more like the kid who gets picked on having enough and beating the crap out of the bully twice.  Then when the bully is so happy about his hot girlfriend, giving him a reminder that he still got his arse kicked twice. 

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 03:02:51 pm
I bet you owned a "We didn't come to paint" t-shirt, same thing, haha.

Actually, no. But good Lord man, Petrino didn't take to the Internet completely unsolicited, either. It reeks of a second-tier program trying to beat its chest. What will we say if those two recruiting classes kick our ass all over the field in two or three years?

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:13:25 pm
Actually, no. But good Lord man, Petrino didn't take to the Internet completely unsolicited, either. It reeks of a second-tier program trying to beat its chest. What will we say if those two recruiting classes kick our ass all over the field in two or three years?

Nothing.  We'll all forget about it in an hour, just like everyone else will.  And in case you haven't noticed, we kind of are a second tier program.  But we're trying to run with the big dogs, and kicked their butts two years running.  If pointing that out sits wrong with some people, so be it. 

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 04, 2016, 03:08:02 pm
Sorry LZH, I'm with Pork Rinds on this one.

I really dislike bragging and ''me, me, me pointing at yourself'' behavior.
Unfortunately, the culture has shifted from Clint Eastwood cool to Will Smith exhibitionism.

Saying that, what BB and Anderson are doing probably strikes a chord with young guys nowadays.
Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 03:11:31 pm
Not really.  I don't see the comparison between our in conference rivals and an 8th grader picking on someone else's girlfriend.  All I see is them announcing to the world that we'll beat that top 5 class you paid for with our lower ranked classes.  Are you really that worried about us picking on Ole Miss and LSU?  It's more like the kid who gets picked on having enough and beating the crap out of the bully twice.  Then when the bully is so happy about his hot girlfriend, giving him a reminder that he still got his arse kicked twice. 

Fair enough. And if this does strike a chord with these kids, then that's great. But, if I were the parent of one of these kids, it would give me pause. Not that any of these recruits' parents feel this way or that it would matter to begin with..... to me it would be a red flag, & I would wonder if this guy was a real leader or not.

Outside of that, I don't know what else I can say.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:13:25 pm

Oh yea of little faith, outside of his first year, what team has kicked us? We may not win them all, but hiding and shaking in the bushes isn't an answer either, lol.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2016, 03:21:21 pm
Fair enough. And if this does strike a chord with these kids, then that's great. But, if I were the parent of one of these kids, it would give me pause. Not that any of these recruits' parents feel this way or that it would matter to begin with..... to me it would be a red flag, & I would wonder if this guy was a real leader or not.

Outside of that, I don't know what else I can say.

From my experiences, most leaders tend to beat their chests at times.  Confidence isn't something to be taken lightly when talking about leadership.  It's important.  I do get your point LZH.  Just disagree with its application to CBB.

Uncle Remus

I think we have a coaching staff trying to get people to believe that we are on the rise and we are unashamed.  We have enough national detractors within the media, coaching circles, etc. and I like the fact that the we have coaches that believe in what they can do as coaches, as well as the strong belief in the players that they are bringing in...despite composite rankings.  We play in the best conference in America, and they want the rest to know that we are GOING to compete...like us or not.  I think we need some guys talking up the program and grabbing some headlines.  Are some of the going to blow up in our face...yeah, sometimes.  I, however, will never knock our coaches for believing in our program and our players and letting those around us and the national pundits know, WE ARE COMING!

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 03:19:19 pm
Oh yea of little faith, outside of his first year, what team has kicked us? We may not win them all, but hiding and shaking in the bushes isn't an answer either, lol.

But see, that is my point. To me tweeting something like this IS hiding in the bushes. As for the other, I did give Bielema credit a couple of months ago for not getting blown out by anyone over the past two years. We have had chances to win every game we were in. Of course, I could complain about that, having not taking advantage of those chances. But that happens to everyone in close games, sometimes you lose.

I have bought into the fact that he is a better coach and CEO then I gave him credit for in December of 2012. I just don't go for taking to social media and running your mouth.....which actually, much to his credit, Bielema himself has not done in quite a while.

DukeOfPork

There are, in fact, similarities: