Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season ticket price increase for 2016

Started by ricepig, February 02, 2016, 01:57:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

Glad I bought the huge 4K and killer sound system. I only I to pay for it once.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Murr

Quote from: Scott Marshall on February 02, 2016, 02:06:13 pm
2016 Arkansas Razorback Football Season Ticket Pricing

Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
Stadium (100 level): $360 (2015 - $300)
Stadium (500 level): $300 (2015 - $250)
Pig Heaven: $300 (2015 - $300)
Red Zone: $360 (2015 - $420)
South Outdoor Club: $850 (2015 - $600)
South Indoor Club: $800 (2015 - $600)
East Outdoor Club: $750 (2015 - $750)
East Indoor Club: $1,100/$1,000 (2015 - $900)
West and East Suites: $2,400 (2015 - $2,100)
South Suites: $2,100 (2015 - $1,800)

War Memorial Stadium
Sideline Seats: $45 (2015 - $55)
End Zone Seats: $35 (2015 - $45)

Is that per season or per game?

RazorbackRon

Quote from: intoxhog on February 02, 2016, 08:32:40 pm
Glad I bought the huge 4K and killer sound system. I only I to pay for it once.

There's nothing like being there in person.  Would you rather see a sunrise from the edge of the Grand Canyon or watch it on TV?
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

RazorbackRon

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

intoxhog

Quote from: RazorbackRon on February 02, 2016, 08:36:03 pm
There's nothing like being there in person.  Would you rather see a sunrise from the edge of the Grand Canyon or watch it on TV?
i would love to be there in person, but I won't be watching sunrise at Grand Canyon or hog games for same reason, lack of that much disposable income. I had tickets for about 25 years, and it was disappointing to let them go but you have to prioritize when you have kids.

And in truth I don't miss it nearly as bad as I thought I would, I certainly don't miss it at all when I hear everyone griping about renewals due.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 02:51:19 pm
Nice little 41% increase for mine.

Same here. I expected an increase but not that high a percentage. I don't mind an increase but prefer smaller increases more often.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorbackRon

Quote from: intoxhog on February 02, 2016, 08:44:36 pm
i would love to be there in person, but I won't be watching sunrise at Grand Canyon or hog games for same reason, lack of that much disposable income. I had tickets for about 25 years, and it was disappointing to let them go but you have to prioritize when you have kids

I understand.  Mine are now grown and married.  They both actually live in Fayetteville now, so we actually usually have a place to stay, between the two different households.

opineonswine

Quote from: factchecker on February 02, 2016, 07:59:39 pm
Off topic ... kinda:

I currently sit in the lower bowl.  I love it but often wonder what the chair-backs in hog heaven are like. 

Is it too far up for a good view? 

Are you allowed to stand up and cheer?  I currently sit in a rowdy section and it's awesome.

I wish the foundation would have a day in which current and/or prospective season ticket holders could tour all of the seat locations to get a feel of where we want to sit.  I know priority points and money play a role in your seat choices but I still would like to know what I'm picking from.

Upper deck seats are a great view.  You can see the play develop much better up there.

hogfan58

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 06:49:44 pm
Got to pay for that expansion some how.

How about the people who are wanting to sit in the NEZ pony up some $$$ now to pay for it.....instead of hitting me up (again) with a 42% increase?
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Danny J

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on February 02, 2016, 08:07:31 pm
I told you when they announced the expansion but everyone wanted to say I was wrong.
Yep...I remember everybody ripping on you. I think it might be in the stadium expansion thread

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on February 02, 2016, 08:07:31 pm
I told you when they announced the expansion but everyone wanted to say I was wrong.

Really? I don't remember anyone saying that. You think too highly of yourself.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Danny J

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 02, 2016, 09:01:13 pm
Really? I don't remember anyone saying that. You think too highly of yourself.
Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on January 25, 2016, 04:13:07 pm
I told y'all about this three years ago when it was first being explored and everyone said it will never happen.

Part two: You have to hand it to the athletic department. One one hand, this release says they will take it to the board of trustees for approval once commitments on capital campaign contributions and luxury ticket sales are made. Then later in this piece, the UA says it will be fully funded by "athletics revenues, capital gifts, and bond proceeds from a future bond issue." Also they craftily say there will be ticket price "adjustments." So basically this is another $160 million being pulled from fan wallets from one of the richest college athletics programs in the world. Looks nice, though.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=608314.0

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan58 on February 02, 2016, 08:55:46 pm
How about the people who are wanting to sit in the NEZ pony up some $$$ now to pay for it.....instead of hitting me up (again) with a 42% increase?

They will, they'll pay more for their club seats than we do, or I suspect so. No telling what it will cost for a suite, outside of the per/seat cost. I'm interested in a Loge box, but I wonder what the "donation" will be?

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan58 on February 02, 2016, 08:55:46 pm

Again? Our seats haven't gone up in years, unlike the regular seating. You aren't paying for the NEZ expansion, think of it as you're paying for the elevators, new dressing room, new BAC, new parking, new concessions/rest rooms, etc.....

opineonswine

Aren't we fairly low vs. the rest of the SEC?  If I were AD, I'd raise prices every year or every other year. 

WilsonHog

Mine jumped $200 per seat per year; instead of costing me $2,400, my season tickets will run $3,200. Plus the $850 contribution to the Foundation.

Good thing for me that I don't hunt, fish, play golf, or take summer vacations.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on February 02, 2016, 09:17:30 pm
Aren't we fairly low vs. the rest of the SEC?  If I were AD, I'd raise prices every year or every other year. 

Yeah, but that won't matter. Now, I'm not crazy about my 41% increase, but I'll pay. Now, they need to add a few more Men's restrooms, to long a wait, lol.

LZH

Quote from: opineonswine on February 02, 2016, 08:55:39 pm
Upper deck seats are a great view.  You can see the play develop much better up there.

Agreed. I do miss my indoor seats in the south end zone. I could look right between the uprights and see everything play out. I also miss sitting on the end of the aisle wearing a t-shirt when most everyone else is outside in a cold mist in early November.    :)

hobhog

FreshHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 06:49:44 pm
Got to pay for that expansion some how.

ya god forbid they use the SEC network for that =/

hogfan58

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2016, 09:14:54 pm
Again? Our seats haven't gone up in years, unlike the regular seating. You aren't paying for the NEZ expansion, think of it as you're paying for the elevators, new dressing room, new BAC, new parking, new concessions/rest rooms, etc.....

Read his letter. SOC has gone up once since expansion. Now twice. The East Indoor and Outdoor have never gone up until now.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Inhogswetrust

February 03, 2016, 06:32:23 am #71 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:11:07 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: opineonswine on February 02, 2016, 09:17:30 pm

Costs do go up yearly or more often than ticket price increases have. I have no problem with a small yearly or even every other year increase. A 41% increase though is harder to convince the wife. Especially when the athletic department is profitable. She's a CPA so that's how she views things.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan58 on February 03, 2016, 06:26:01 am
Read his letter. SOC has gone up once since expansion. Now twice. The East Indoor and Outdoor have never gone up until now.

And they were higher, with some restricted views of the Pig screen. I bet if you have enough priority points, that when it's time to pick your seats, you can find some row 6 under the overhang on the East side...........

urkillnmesmalls

I'll be curious to see if their strategy to lower the prices in the upper deck will somewhat backfire, because IMO the view isn't bad from those seats.  Just can't be afraid of heights.   ;D   You can see the plays develop well, and with even a cheap pair of binoculars, it's not bad.  It's a fraction of the cost.   

I'm sure the thought process was to try to get some people who are staying home to come fill the upper deck, but it will be comical if it's full and the lower seats start to look sparsely populated in places.  If I had an obstructed view of the Pig Screen from where I sit now, I'd be all over a move up....no brainer. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rmcchris

Hey ricepig, go back and read our exchange of posts when this first came out. RE:  My concern is that some of us will subsidize the lowering of prices elsewhere and pay more for this expansion.  Kind of like our government and our tax system today.

lutherheggs

Yep...you must have South EZ Club seats. The paper this morning has the wrong percentage increase but the right dollar amount increase. Says those are going from $600 to $850, a 29.4% increase. 250/600 = 41.67% increase. I wonder how they determined to raise a ticket from $100 to $141.67 per game?

The lower level tickets were $20 in Nutt's first year, 1998. They will be $60 each next season. Over 18 years, that is a average annual increase of a bit over 6%. Not bad when inflation has been around 2% annually for that period.

lutherheggs

lutherheggs

Quote from: opineonswine on February 02, 2016, 08:55:39 pm
You always hear this reasoning from the cheap seat ticket holders.

ricepig

Quote from: rmcchris on February 03, 2016, 09:10:30 am
Hey ricepig, go back and read our exchange of posts when this first came out. RE:  My concern is that some of us will subsidize the lowering of prices elsewhere and pay more for this expansion.  Kind of like our government and our tax system today.

My seats increase the most, if it puts more butts in the seats, so be it. I can promise you that those who get a suite, Loge box, or club seats in the NEZ will pay more for the privilege for their seat, then you or I did. As I've mentioned, I'm interested to see what the up front cost will be for those. You have to remember, we are also getting improvements in several other areas of the stadium, not just 3029 seats. I hope the give a breakdown of that, probably not.

ricepig

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 03, 2016, 09:12:55 am
Yep...you must have South EZ Club seats. The paper this morning has the wrong percentage increase but the right dollar amount increase. Says those are going from $600 to $850, a 29.4% increase. 250/600 = 41.67% increase. I wonder how they determined to raise a ticket from $100 to $141.67 per game?

The lower level tickets were $20 in Nutt's first year, 1998. They will be $60 each next season. Over 18 years, that is a average annual increase of a bit over 6%. Not bad when inflation has been around 2% annually for that period.

Yeah, I rechecked my math, now, I'm relatively old and didn't have this new math they teach today, but my "figuring" showed a little over 41% haha.

GolfnHog

31% increase here, as well. May drop 2 of the 4 tickets just to offset the increase. Upside gas prices should hold steady/low so there's a small upside in traveling 900 miles round trip.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

tasteslikechicken

Anyone heard if there is going to be an online seat selection process again this year?

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: factchecker on February 02, 2016, 07:59:39 pm
Off topic ... kinda:

I currently sit in the lower bowl.  I love it but often wonder what the chair-backs in hog heaven are like. 

Is it too far up for a good view? 

Are you allowed to stand up and cheer?  I currently sit in a rowdy section and it's awesome.

I wish the foundation would have a day in which current and/or prospective season ticket holders could tour all of the seat locations to get a feel of where we want to sit.  I know priority points and money play a role in your seat choices but I still would like to know what I'm picking from.
Pig Heaven is great, the Chairbacks are awesome, and view of plays developing is second to none but if you've been in the lower level I'd say you might be disappointed with the overall atmosphere/feel from those seats. Opposite of rowdy from what i remember of my time there.

ricepig

Quote from: tasteslikechicken on February 03, 2016, 01:44:49 pm
Pig Heaven is great, the Chairbacks are awesome, and view of plays developing is second to none but if you've been in the lower level I'd say you might be disappointed with the overall atmosphere/feel from those seats. Opposite of rowdy from what i remember of my time there.

My oldest set up there for a game this year when we had too many for our seats. He's finishing his MBA this spring and told me to try and pick him up a couple on the renewals/increasing this spring.

texas tush hog

Quote from: tasteslikechicken on February 03, 2016, 01:37:36 pm
Anyone heard if there is going to be an online seat selection process again this year?

Same as last year.

BASSNHAWG

I just checked Best Buy and can get one of the new 65" LG OLED 4k TVs for what I'd be paying to keep my SEZ Outdoor Club seats and my Sect. 115 sideline seats with required RF donations and still have enough left over to buy tickets off Stubhub for a couple of good games per year. I hope someone else enjoys the seats that I've had for over 15 years!

ricepig

Quote from: BASSNHAWG on February 03, 2016, 07:55:22 pm
I just checked Best Buy and can get one of the new 65" LG OLED 4k TVs for what I'd be paying to keep my SEZ Outdoor Club seats and my Sect. 115 sideline seats with required RF donations and still have enough left over to buy tickets off Stubhub for a couple of good games per year. I hope someone else enjoys the seats that I've had for over 15 years!

We most certainly will, thanks for giving them up. What section in the SEZ? Seriously, you already didn't have the TV for the away games, how could you watch them?

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: rmcchris on February 03, 2016, 09:10:30 am

Yep like when my govt mandated health insurance saw a 61% increase even though I'm healthy and rarely if ever need any treatment .

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 03, 2016, 09:25:26 am

We used to sit up there. I had no problem with it. The wife wanted to move.

hogfan58

Just looked at the tix renewals on-line. TCU away game tix are $105 each!  Miss St is only charging $55. Cheapest at Jerry World are $85.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan58 on February 03, 2016, 09:16:05 pm
Just looked at the tix renewals on-line. TCU away game tix are $105 each!  Miss St is only charging $55. Cheapest at Jerry World are $85.

So, you're saying it's a bargain?

BASSNHAWG

223 under the ledge in the dry! Hope you have enough priority points to get them. Yes I have a couple of big screens but not an OLED. I will soon!

ImHogginIt

I had upperdeck season tickets from 1995 to 2011. Loved them. The one or two games a year I attend now I always get west upperdeck seats. I love it up there. Now that they will be slightly cheaper I can use that money to finally buy grandma her needed medicine :-)

ricepig

Quote from: BASSNHAWG on February 04, 2016, 12:12:24 am
223 under the ledge in the dry! Hope you have enough priority points to get them. Yes I have a couple of big screens but not an OLED. I will soon!

Good, mine are 222, I suspect I'll have plenty of points.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: hogfan58 on February 02, 2016, 03:01:24 pm
I'm really trying to understand why the East Indoor Club, with the highest price point for club seats and never having an increase, only went up $100-$200.....while the SEZ Outdoor Club, which has had 1 increase, went up $250.
Just guessing it has to do with supply and demand ...

ricepig

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 04, 2016, 07:58:40 am
Just guessing it has to do with supply and demand ...

Ding, ding ding......we have a winner. I don't think they've ever sold all the East Indoor tickets as season tickets, much less every game. There are a couple of sections on the north end that don't have a good view of the big screen

alabamahawgone

OK, so I have a question regarding ticket prices/season renewal.  Sorry for the details, but I have a unique situation I guess.  Last season, we had...

Four tickets for Fay in the SEZ (meeting minimum seat donation - actually donated a bit over)
Four tickets for Fay in the Upper Deck (no minimum seat donation needed)
Four tickets in LR in Endzone (meeting minimum seat donation)

We are going to drop the tickets for Fay in the SEZ.  Foundation (in the FAQ) says that you must at least maintain previous years donation.  Is that going to give me trouble?  I would only donate the amount required for LR tickets, and drop the total donation amount since I am no longer buying seat in the SEZ in Fay.  Make sense?

Just FYI, the ticket increase amount is large (extra $1000 for our four SEZ tickets), but the main reason I am giving up the tickets is due to time/travel.  Too much other things competing for my time right now.

Has anyone ran into this problem? Or talked to the UofA about it?

STLhawg

Quote from: opineonswineUpper deck seats are a great view.  You can see the play develop much better up there.

Well their must be some validity to that else teams would not have any coaches up in the box.

Kevin

two tickets just became available in the south end zone. my pops is not renewing.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22