Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Season ticket price increase for 2016

Started by ricepig, February 02, 2016, 01:57:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan58

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2016, 08:40:00 am
two tickets just became available in the south end zone. my pops is not renewing.

I have a feeling numerous tix in the SOC will become available. My family (we have 4) are discussing giving up 1 or 2
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

The_Iceman

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 03, 2016, 09:25:26 am
You always hear this reasoning from the cheap seat ticket holders.

As a student, I started going up and sitting on the front row on the top of the SEZ. The view was much better up there. I liked seeing the play develop much better than the 20th row of the student section. Of course, not having to show up 4 hours early to a game anymore helped influence my feelings on the upper deck.

DeltaBoy

The UA like a Leech they never have enough and want ticket holders to pay more more.
Proverbs 30.
15"The leech has two daughters.
'Give! Give!' they cry.
"There are three things that are never satisfied,
four that never say, 'Enough!':
16the grave, the barren womb,
land, which is never satisfied with water,
and fire, which never says, 'Enough!'
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2016, 09:30:57 am
The UA like a Leech they never have enough and want ticket holders to pay more more.
Proverbs 30.
'Give! Give!' they cry.

Yeah, even with the increases, we still rank in the bottom of the conference in ticket prices. I fail to understand how it effects those who don't attend anyway?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2016, 09:33:12 am
Yeah, even with the increases, we still rank in the bottom of the conference in ticket prices. I fail to understand how it effects those who don't attend anyway?

Delta representin'...

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

DeltaBoy

I stopped years ago as a protest toward NUTT and with the increase in gas and Ticket prices I never got back in and at this rate I might never again outside going to the Ark vs TCU game in 2017.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2016, 10:14:49 am
I stopped years ago as a protest toward NUTT and with the increase in gas and Ticket prices I never got back in and at this rate I might never again outside going to the Ark vs TCU game in 2017.

And yet the program has survived....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

February 09, 2016, 10:49:50 am #108 Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:58:56 pm by DeltaBoy
Quote from: hoggusamoungus on February 09, 2016, 10:33:34 am
And yet the program has survived....
Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 09, 2016, 10:35:59 am
....in the hands of a carpetbagger.

For now but remember how Long left Pitt.

idochog

I Love how everyone on this board wants us to keep up in recruiting and facilities but yet when its time for increases to pay for it, they bitch and whine about it. Truth of the matter is we shouldnt be at the bottom of the SEC in ticket prices. 
I love Jesus!

HotlantaHog

Quote from: idochog on February 09, 2016, 11:05:06 am
I Love how everyone on this board wants us to keep up in recruiting and facilities but yet when its time for increases to pay for it, they bitch and whine about it. Truth of the matter is we shouldnt be at the bottom of the SEC in ticket prices. 

I have no problem with ticket prices, though in the end scholarship donations are far more important to raising money for the program.

BorderPatrol

ricepig

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 09, 2016, 12:31:56 pm
You never quit, do you.

bp

When we start winning 9-12 games a year and win a SEC Title I will stop.  Right now I see a AD who trying to squeeze every Golden egg out of our Golden Goose with continued under achieving results.
See our losing streak to TAMU BAMA and MSU. 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2016, 01:01:29 pm
When we start winning 9-12 games a year and win a SEC Title I will stop.  Right now I see a AD who trying to squeeze every Golden egg out of our Golden Goose with continued under achieving results.

This ain't the NFL. Long's first title is Vice Chancellor and make no mistake this is his job as well...

In 2008 when we first combined our athletics program, Arkansas had only seven football student-athletes meet the honor roll standard. But through the years, based on a shift in a focus from simply maintaining athletic eligibility to advancing toward graduation, we have observed a dramatic turnaround. It has been a team effort and Coach Bielema, his staff and our dedicated Student-Athlete Success staff have been pivotal to this progress.

RazorbackRon

I fail to understand how it effects those who don't attend anyway?

^^^ THIS ^^^

for every post Delta has made in this thread.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Boog41

I Love how everyone on this board wants us to keep up in recruiting and facilities but yet when its time for increases to pay for it, they bitch and whine about it.   

Democrats.....it's always easy to want things when other people are paying for it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Boog41 on February 09, 2016, 04:04:26 pm
Democrats.....it's always easy to want things when other people are paying for it.

Say what ? Deltaboy is a hardcore repub !!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2016, 09:30:57 am
Proverbs 30.
'Give! Give!' they cry.

This isn't church. Quit preaching............they aren't leaches. If you believe they are then go support a different program. My tickets are going up 41%. Do I like it of course not BUT do I understand ticket prices as well as almost all prices for everything goes up from time to time. Yes I do. Since I've starting buying SOC tickets they have actually gone up to about where they probably should be. Before I think they were under priced.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2016, 01:01:29 pm

For someone that oozes confederate yearning for the past that's ironic since it didn't get the desired results you must have wanted.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hollywood hog

Quote from: BassinHawg on February 02, 2016, 08:25:25 pm
TV looking better and better all the time!

If you're not clocking at least 100k a year,  I just can't see justifying buying season tickets for 4, especially considering I'm not willing to sit in horrible seats.  6-800 dollars a game has me spending up to 4800 a season if we play 6 games at RRS.  5 percent of total income before taxes to watch a few football games you can watch for free at home.  Many of which are either blowout stinker games or heartbreaking losses.  No thanks.  I usually pick one matchup I like in late October or early November and just pick up some tickets off Craigslist the day before. 

jkstock04

I didn't bitch and whine when we were winning 10/11 games a year like the last time tickets went up. This season? I'm not sure exactly what I'm being sold on.

I can guarantee you if I don't renew they will be calling begging me to reconsider.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 09, 2016, 06:59:33 pm
If you're not clocking at least 100k a year,  I just can't see justifying buying season tickets for 4, especially considering I'm not willing to sit in horrible seats.  6-800 dollars a game has me spending up to 4800 a season if we play 6 games at RRS.  5 percent of total income before taxes to watch a few football games you can watch for free at home.  Many of which are either blowout stinker games or heartbreaking losses.  No thanks.  I usually pick one matchup I like in late October or early November and just pick up some tickets off Craigslist the day before. 

Yet you probably think nothing of it to eat out.........or take vacations that cost money............or buy something frivolous for yourself, pay big bucks for cable TV, pay big bucks for cellphone service and internet, buy a car or truck with a whole lot of bells and whistles, etc.

TheOtherColombia

Haha, for those that are frustrated but still want to watch some good football get you some stAte season tickets.  3 bench back seats and donation to foundation runs me right around 600 bucks.   :)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 09, 2016, 07:28:51 pm
Haha, for those that are frustrated but still want to watch some good football get you some stAte season tickets.  3 bench back seats and donation to foundation runs me right around 600 bucks.   :)

Thats way to expensive for those! Haha!

ricepig

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 09, 2016, 07:28:51 pm

Depends on your definition of good football, lol.

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 09, 2016, 07:26:26 pm
I didn't bitch and whine when we were winning 10/11 games a year like the last time tickets went up. This season? I'm not sure exactly what I'm being sold on.

I can guarantee you if I don't renew they will be calling begging me to reconsider.

We had won 8 games the year before we had "Answer the Call" it was announced in August 2010.

http://www.hogdb.com/2010/08/11/hog-fans-answer-call/

1HourToHogville

Renewed.  Waiting on my turn to hopefully pick up two next to me or 4 together in club. 

Kevin

If there is a need, I would understand. I just don't think there is a need to close the north end zone right now
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2016, 08:10:14 pm
If there is a need, I would understand. I just don't think there is a need to close the north end zone right now

Waiting list of around 30 for suites, we'll see if that changes after the increases, the same will be found out on the existing club seats. We also want a new locker room for game day, so throw that in along with some new offices for the administration, and they have a need. Now, is it a necessity, nah, but what in college athletics really is???

RazorbackRon

Are you a Tyson or a Walton or just omnipotent?

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorbackRon on February 09, 2016, 08:19:36 pm
Are you a Tyson or a Walton?

Tyson Walton, the long lost brother of Sam and Bud........

Hawgar The Horrible

Yeah, I'm sure there will be a super-secret special price reserved specifically for you, high roller.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on February 09, 2016, 08:29:25 pm
Yeah, I'm sure there will be a super-secret special price reserved specifically for you, high roller.

Well, he'll get a few email reminders, I guess a phone call if they have his number, but I seriously doubt they will beg.

Boog41

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2016, 08:14:53 pm
Waiting list of around 30 for suites, we'll see if that changes after the increases, the same will be found out on the existing club seats. We also want a new locker room for game day, so throw that in along with some new offices for the administration, and they have a need. Now, is it a necessity, nah, but what in college athletics really is???

The waiting list is way longer than 30..... Or even 50

Boog41

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2016, 08:10:14 pm

There is a huge demand for the type of NEZ expansion that will happen. This is not about bleacher seats.

ricepig

Quote from: Boog41 on February 09, 2016, 08:35:53 pm
The waiting list is way longer than 30..... Or even 50

If true, then that will help sell the suites and the Loge boxes.

jkstock04

Quote from: RazorbackRon on February 09, 2016, 08:19:36 pm
Are you a Tyson or a Walton or just omnipotent?
Nooo...I'm not a high roller lol. I'll tell you what the checks are that I write every year If you really wanna know?? When people start throwing their personal specific money figures around on here that has always struck me as ignorant...especially if they are trying to Boast about it.

Honestly, I'm just going off past experience. I would wager they do this with most everyone who donates and has for years. Was not trying to come off as an 'important guy' with that comment. Promise ya.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RazorbackRon

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 09, 2016, 08:42:35 pm
Honestly, I'm just going off past experience. I would wager they do this with most everyone who donates and has for years. Was not trying to come off as an 'important guy' with that comment. Promise ya.

Well, the begging me to reconsider, did come across as a little strong.   I have decided to not renew my LR tickets this year for the 1st time in 28 years.  I wonder if I'll get a call.

hollywood hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 09, 2016, 07:27:21 pm
Yet you probably think nothing of it to eat out.........or take vacations that cost money............or buy something frivolous for yourself, pay big bucks for cable TV, pay big bucks for cellphone service and internet, buy a car or truck with a whole lot of bells and whistles, etc.

I can send my kid to Shiloh for 7k and get around a 2k deduction on my taxes.  So private school or Hog games...  That's how I look at it.  I don't do any of those other things you mentioned but I do think most of them are still better options than dropping 5k a year on football tickets.  That's insanity for a working man with 2 soon to be 3 boys. 

DeltaBoy

I love how thin skinned some of our fans are.  I point out that the tickets are too expensive for me.  That I believe the UA charging too much for the results we are seeing on the field and they act like I am aborting babies or something.  If you want to pay these prices and can afford too GOOD for You.  I just feel the Ticket Price increase is too much for where we are in the Results dept.

rhames

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 10, 2016, 08:42:53 am
I love how thin skinned some of our fans are.  I point out that the tickets are too expensive for me.  That I believe the UA charging too much for the results we are seeing on the field and they act like I am aborting babies or something.  If you want to pay these prices and can afford too GOOD for You.  I just feel the Ticket Price increase is too much for where we are in the Results dept.

It's dat darn Obamma's fault
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 09, 2016, 05:56:19 pm
This isn't church. Quit preaching............they aren't leaches. If you believe they are then go support a different program. My tickets are going up 41%. Do I like it of course not BUT do I understand ticket prices as well as almost all prices for everything goes up from time to time. Yes I do. Since I've starting buying SOC tickets they have actually gone up to about where they probably should be. Before I think they were under priced.

Leave Delta alone. He buys upwards of $50 a year in Hog merchandise to support the program.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 10, 2016, 08:42:53 am

Whatever. If they sold you season tickets for $10 a ticket you still wouldn't go because you would have to pay for gas from DFW, motel, parking, ect...

FBREW000

It is getting to be a tad bit too much... However, I am still planning on keeping my 10 at RRS and 4 at LR. 

and, yes... they do call if you haven't re-upped yet and partially beg fwiw...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: FBREW000 on February 10, 2016, 10:30:04 am
It is getting to be a tad bit too much... However, I am still planning on keeping my 10 at RRS and 4 at LR. 

and, yes... they do call if you haven't re-upped yet and partially beg fwiw...

They didn't call me when I stopped after 19 seasons in 2011. But I was an upperdeck guy and small foundation donor. I primarily stopped because of health reasons. I'm sure as hell not gonna bitch if they raise most prices and they get enough people to pay though. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 09, 2016, 11:14:17 pm
I can send my kid to Shiloh for 7k and get around a 2k deduction on my taxes.  So private school or Hog games...  That's how I look at it.  I don't do any of those other things you mentioned but I do think most of them are still better options than dropping 5k a year on football tickets.  That's insanity for a working man with 2 soon to be 3 boys. 

I find it hard to believe you don't have any of those things I listed or other things that discretionary spending is used for.........................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 10, 2016, 10:16:15 am
Whatever. If they sold you season tickets for $10 a ticket you still wouldn't go because you would have to pay for gas from DFW, motel, parking, ect...

Yet he still complains about ticket prices and such..........................

lutherheggs

Quote from: alabamahawgone on February 09, 2016, 04:21:21 am

Has anyone ran into this problem? Or talked to the UofA about it?
Not a single ticket holder has ran into that problem, but I am sure some have run into it.

lutherheggs

Quote from: STLhawgg on February 09, 2016, 08:38:02 am
Well their must be some validity to that else teams would not have any coaches up in the box.
They cannot sit anywhere else and standing on the sideline is certainly not conducive to seeing the entire field of play. If coaches could sit 10 feet above the ground immediately behind the bench, I suspect that is what they would prefer. But that is not possible, because it would block sight lines for a bunch of fans in the lower seats who pay a ton of $ to sit there. So, no validity to that line...just what folks say who rationalize sitting in the cheap seats.