Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tretola

Started by longpig, January 30, 2016, 06:47:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

may be the highest drafted Razorback since DMAC
Don't be scared, be smart.

jry04

Felix went in the first round after DMac.

For Tretola to be the highest players since Felix, he would have to get taken in the first 10 picks of the 3rd round. Definitely possible that happens.

HillBillyHogfan

Ws Jamaal Anderson before or after Felix?

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

longpig

HOGINTENNESSEE

I don't think he goes before Hunter

greenEGnHAWGS

I recently read an articular on the Denver Broncos and it said they could very well take HH with the 31st pick this year. I don't see Tretola coming in the ballpark of that.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Big Boi

Todd McShay has HH as #1 TE and 18 overall.

longtimeHogfan

S. Tretola is one of my favorite Razorbacks and I really hope he goes in the early rounds, 2-3, but I'm not so sure.  We'll see.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Big Boi on January 31, 2016, 07:38:10 am

Even though I can't stand him, Mel Kiper is also VERY complimentary of HH.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawgmasta

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 31, 2016, 09:54:05 am
Even though I can't stand him, Mel Kiper is also VERY complimentary of HH.

It's very rare to get unanimous nearly perfect draft grades from all the "experts".
Hunter Henry is the main guy were going to miss next year; I hope he does great and from everything I've hear he's a stand up guy in everything he does.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 31, 2016, 10:18:47 am
It's very rare to get unanimous nearly perfect draft grades from all the "experts".
Hunter Henry is the main guy were going to miss next year; I hope he does great and from everything I've hear he's a stand up guy in everything he does.

That's good to know.  Maybe he won't be hazed too bad as a rookie then because he has one of those baby faces that says, ''I'm sixteen'' even if he is thirty one.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 31, 2016, 10:18:47 am
I agree that we will definitely miss HH. However, the one thing that brings me some comfort is that at least with the TE position we certainly don't appear to be hurting in the least when it comes to some high quality talent.

longpig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2016, 12:20:01 pm
I agree that we will definitely miss HH. However, the one thing that brings me some comfort is that at least with the TE position we certainly don't appear to be hurting in the least when it comes to some high quality talent.

Yeh I'm thinking we're OK on the O line too . The new RBs are going to have to get up to speed quick, it's scary that our only returning every down back with significant playing time is RW3. 

East TN HAWG

Quote from: longpig on January 31, 2016, 02:14:05 pm
Yeh I'm thinking we're OK on the O line too . The new RBs are going to have to get up to speed quick, it's scary that our only returning every down back with significant playing time is RW3. 

I thought walker decided to come back?

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 31, 2016, 10:26:14 am
That's good to know.  Maybe he won't be hazed too bad as a rookie then because he has one of those baby faces that says, ''I'm sixteen'' even if he is thirty one.
Couldn't be a better time to hit the league as a pass catching tight end with those skills. Those guys have become HUGE playmakers in the last several years. Can't wait to see him play.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 31, 2016, 12:20:01 pm
It will be interesting to see how that TE talent does without HH. HH drew a lot of attention from SEC defenses and still made big plays. Sprinkle will be the focus of some defenses now we'll see if he can step up and make big plays like HH. The thing I love about HH is everyone knew on 3rd down where the ball was going and he still made the play.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on February 03, 2016, 07:16:12 pm
It will be interesting to see how that TE talent does without HH. HH drew a lot of attention from SEC defenses and still made big plays. Sprinkle will be the focus of some defenses now we'll see if he can step up and make big plays like HH. The thing I love about HH is everyone knew on 3rd down where the ball was going and he still made the play.

And he had ZERO drops his Jr. season. Unbelievable.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Maximus Tusk on February 03, 2016, 04:22:30 pm
Couldn't be a better time to hit the league as a pass catching tight end with those skills. Those guys have become HUGE playmakers in the last several years. Can't wait to see him play.

Very true.
NE's dual TE attack was devastating to defend, and even when ''He Who Shall Stay Nameless'' got busted for murder, Gronk continued to show the value of a large-bodied, sure-handed receiver.  Now it seems that a lot of teams are returning to using the TE as a receiving threat.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hawginbigd1

Probably pretty accurate, but NFL values both lines, LB's, and secondary before TE's, backs and receivers.

RaisinHog

Walters mock draft has 5 of our guys going In the first 4 rounds henry and Kirkland second round tretola and Collins 3rd and J-will 4th ... This got me to thinking who will be our highest draft pick next year??

bulldog04

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 04, 2016, 05:07:52 pm
Walters mock draft has 5 of our guys going In the first 4 rounds henry and Kirkland second round tretola and Collins 3rd and J-will 4th ... This got me to thinking who will be our highest draft pick next year??
Sprinkle, Reed, or Skipper probably off the top of my head

The Boar War

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 04, 2016, 05:07:52 pm

I think Sprinkle is set to have a big year.

RaisinHog

That's the names I was thinking so it looks like next year our seniors will prolly be our higher draft pics .. I can't really think of any juniors off the top of my head

Edit ... Forgot about ragnow I bet ol frank will prolly be pretty sought after

Boardon Hamsay

And in one of his mock drafts, has HH going 27th to the Packers.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rjm1940

Tretola is one of my all time favorites.  I am so happy he came to Arkansas.  I hope he has a great career and a wonderful life after football.  Our staff did a great job in getting this guy.

rzrbk4life

Hope Tretola tears it up in the NFL. One of my favorite hogs
Let's call those hogs!!!!