Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi in the Minors...Majors Now

Started by JHicks3636, April 05, 2016, 10:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Sounds like good news for the Red Box and Benintendi.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JHicks3636

Benintendi was activated from the DL today. It was a day earlier than expected and he will be with the team tonight and eligible to play. He is not in tonight's starting line-up.

JHicks3636

Still no Benintendi in the starting line-up despite Baltimore using a right handed pitcher

hoglady

Quote from: JHicks3636 on September 14, 2016, 05:41:07 pm
Still no Benintendi in the starting line-up despite Baltimore using a right handed pitcher

Yep I got all excited when I saw the game was going to be on ESPN.
Sat down to watch and no AB.
But at least I get to se Ortiz some more before he retires - he's one of my favorite players ever.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

I'm looking down the road a little - if the Rangers and Sox end up playing in Arlington in the playoffs / I'll for sure have to get over to Dallas for a game or 2.

JHicks3636

Benintedi will be batting 9th and starting in left for the Red Sox tonight.

JHicks3636

On his first at-bat back from the DL, Benintendi grounds back to the pitcher. In his second at-bat, he doubles to right. He will get at least one more at-bat tonight if he continues in the game.

JHicks3636

Benintendi gets one more at-bat but grounds out to first. He is pinch hit for in the 9th. Finishes the night 1-3.

hoglady

What a come back by the Sox with 2 outs in the 9th to win the game!!!

hoglady

Young starting tonight in Left field for the Sox.
Announcers said Sox are going to ease AB back into lineup.
AB started last night so hopefully he and Young will be switching starts - I hope that's all it is.

JHicks3636

September 17, 2016, 01:50:34 pm #360 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:55:44 pm by JHicks3636
Benintendi starting today and doubles in his first at-bat. Later came around to score. In his next two at-bats he pops out to 3rd and walks. Flies out to right next time up. Goes 1-3 officially for the day. Average at .324.

hoglady

Quote from: mrp on September 17, 2016, 04:57:00 pm
Young is a good player. If he keeps producing no way he just gets sent to the bench.

Yep - Young has been playing very well.

jesterzzn

Quote from: mrp on September 17, 2016, 04:57:00 pm
Young is a good player. If he keeps producing no way he just gets sent to the bench.

Young is good, yes.  Benintendi is better in just about every respect.  The only reason to play Young over Benintendi at this point is for resting the knee and the occasional very tough lefty.

The better move would be to rest Ortiz as much as possible down the stretch and let Young DH against leftys.

But there is a reason they don't pay me millions to make those calls, so we shall see.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: jesterzzn on September 17, 2016, 10:37:27 pm
Young is good, yes.  Benintendi is better in just about every respect.  The only reason to play Young over Benintendi at this point is for resting the knee and the occasional very tough lefty.

The better move would be to rest Ortiz as much as possible down the stretch and let Young DH against leftys.

But there is a reason they don't pay me millions to make those calls, so we shall see.
Rest Papi? He's a DH who runs maybe a 1/2 mile a week.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

jesterzzn

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 17, 2016, 11:00:33 pm
Rest Papi? He's a DH who runs maybe a 1/2 mile a week.

True.  And he's also 40, pushing 300, and with bad knees.  I'd definitely rest him some over the last few series.

JHicks3636

Benintendi 1-4 (a double) tonight with a run scored.

JHicks3636

Boston is playing Baltimore on ESPN tonight. Benintendi is in the line-up if anyone wants to see him play.

JHicks3636

In his first two at-bats, Benintendi looked bad in striking out both times. In his 3rd at-bat, against a reliever, he crushes the first pitch out to right field for a 3-run homer.

trippigs

WBOBO

Pretty cool that Big Papi  took his helmet off and gave that hair a big rub down!
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

lahawg1

WBOBO

Can't wait to see that game next Saturday at noon against the Jays.  We have a Benintendi and
an Ortiz uniform hopefully that we can get signed.  First time to Boston so any advice would be great!

hoglady

Quote from: WBOBO on September 21, 2016, 08:40:11 pm
Can't wait to see that game next Saturday at noon against the Jays.  We have a Benintendi and
an Ortiz uniform hopefully that we can get signed.  First time to Boston so any advice would be great!

You will absolutely love Fenway - such a unique ballpark.
You lucky dog - I am so jealous.
If you like history - walk the Freedom Trail.
I've never stayed in a hotel or done much eating out when I go - I stay with relatives and eat all my Aunts wonderful Italian cooking, so I'm no help in that regard.

WBOBO

Plan on doing the Freedom Trail Friday with my lovely wife.  I coached Torii Hunter in Little League and my
nephew played with Torii from Little League all the way through winning three state championships in high
school for Zebras in Pine Bluff.  Torii in center and my nephew in left with Shabazz in right my nephew's senior year.  Hopefully if I can catch Big Papi in batting practice and tell him about me knowing and coaching
Torii maybe I can get an autographed jersey along with Benintendi.  I will be wearing my white hog to the game.   :razorback: :razorback:

WBOBO

hoglady

Quote from: WBOBO on September 21, 2016, 09:18:45 pm
Plan on doing the Freedom Trail Friday with my lovely wife.  I coached Torii Hunter in Little League and my
nephew played with Torii from Little League all the way through winning three state championships in high
school for Zebras in Pine Bluff.  Torii in center and my nephew in left with Shabazz in right my nephew's senior year.  Hopefully if I can catch Big Papi in batting practice and tell him about me knowing and coaching
Torii maybe I can get an autographed jersey along with Benintendi.  I will be wearing my white hog to the game.   :razorback: :razorback:

Pretty cool to have coached Torii - he seems like such a nice guy.
Looking forward to hearing from you after your visit.

thebignasty

We got breakfast at the Paramount in Boston on a trip there about a month ago- can't recommend it enough. Everything we got was awesome.

WBOBO

Quote from: hoglady on September 21, 2016, 11:28:34 pm
[/qwhy
Quote from: hoglady on September 21, 2016, 11:28:34 pm
uote]I just  feel like a kid?  I'm just giddy.  Haven't been to a game
since Doc Gooden playing for the Mets in 84 and was so disappointed.  His 100 mph
would have been taken to the cleaners in Pine Bluff.   The Braves still won the game thanks to
Chris Chambliss.   Prolly no one on this board knows who Mr. Chambliss is in this world.

WBOBO

Actuallly Cris Chambliss to be grammatically correct. 

ricepig

Sure, us Yankee fans know who he was.   :D

WizardofhOgZ

HEE HEE HEE went deep . . . and then celebrated, Michael Jackson style, at the end of the game (32 second mark) . . .

hoglady

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on September 22, 2016, 11:47:14 am

HEE HEE HEE went deep . . . and then celebrated, Michael Jackson style, at the end of the game (32 second mark) . . .

These Red Sox are a fun bunch - their enjoyment of the game shows.
They remind me of the 2004 Sox team - hopefully they end the year with the same result.
What great send off that would be for Big Papi.

JHicks3636

Benintendi in the starting line-up again tonight. First time since coming off the DL that he has played in back-to-back games.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

Benintendi ends the night 1-3 and also had a sacrifice bunt. He singled in the winning run to break a 3-3 tie. He was thrown out at 2nd trying to advance on the throw home. Average sits at .318.

WBOBO

Did anyone notice his sac bunt?  His eyes are on the ball really well.  Announcers
even commented saying that was a thing of beauty.  And it was.

WBOBO

Quote from: thebignasty on September 21, 2016, 11:39:43 pm
We got breakfast at the Paramount in Boston on a trip there about a month ago- can't recommend it enough. Everything we got was awesome.
Quote from: thebignasty on September 21, 2016, 11:39:43 pm
Thanks Nasty, the Paramount it is for breakfast.

JHicks3636

Benintendi did not start tonight, but did make an appearance as a pinch-hitter. He walks so no official at-bat on the night.

JHicks3636

After being out of the line-up the last two games Benintendi will start today and bat 8th ahead of the catcher. It's clear in the off season that Boston is going to have to figure out who is going to play left for them. I expect we will see a trade of whoever isn't going to be the starter. I don't think they can keep everyone happy for a full season as they have since Benintendi was called up. The plus of him platooning now is that he will probably just miss the number of bats needed to lose his rookie status. Therefore he will still be considered a rookie next year and be eligible for awards if he plays well.

hoglady

Quote from: JHicks3636 on September 25, 2016, 10:55:02 am
After being out of the line-up the last two games Benintendi will start today and bat 8th ahead of the catcher. It's clear in the off season that Boston is going to have to figure out who is going to play left for them. I expect we will see a trade of whoever isn't going to be the starter. I don't think they can keep everyone happy for a full season as they have since Benintendi was called up. The plus of him platooning now is that he will probably just miss the number of bats needed to lose his rookie status. Therefore he will still be considered a rookie next year and be eligible for awards if he plays well.

I would be absolutely floored if the Red Sox traded Benintendi in the off season - they would have done that before calling him up, when they were needing to shore up their pitching.
He has performed better than anyone could have ever imagined.

JHicks3636

September 25, 2016, 02:38:48 pm #390 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:19:15 pm by JHicks3636
Boston beats Tampa Bay 3-2 in 10 innings for its 11th straight win. Benintendi finishes 0-1 with three walks. Average is .314.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on September 25, 2016, 10:55:02 am
Yeah but that puts him 1 year further from his first non rookie contract
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

JHicks3636

September 27, 2016, 07:54:02 pm #392 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:51:47 pm by JHicks3636
Baseball is just a funny game. In his first at bat tonight, Benintendi crushes a ball that is caught against the wall in center. The next time up he dribbles a ball up the first base line, gets scored a single on a bad play by the pitcher who throws the ball away allowing him to move to second where he later scores. In his final two at-bats he strikes out, then gets his 10th double. Ends the night with his average back up to .322.

HawginFL1991

Quote from: JHicks3636 on September 27, 2016, 07:54:02 pm
Baseball is just a funny game. In his first at bat tonight, Benintendi crushes a ball that is caught against the wall in center. The next time up he dribbles a ball up the first base line, gets scored a single on a bad play by the pitcher who throws the ball away allowing him to move to second where he later scores. In his final two at-bats he strikes out, then gets his 10th double. Ends the night with his average back up to .322.

That double in the 9th was a rope!!! He needs a haircut though.  :razorback:

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HawginFL1991 on September 28, 2016, 11:00:40 am
Hell no on the haircut. He's got the best flow in the big leagues.

hoglady

Quote from: HawginFL1991 on September 28, 2016, 11:00:40 am

Yep - thought the Sox might at least tie the game with Bogaerts and Big Papi coming to bat.
I like the long hair - he should keep it.

JHicks3636

Rough night for Benintendi. He went 0-4 and batted twice with the bases loaded but fouled out and flew out. Those nights happen.

JHicks3636

Benintendi batting 2nd in the lineup tonight

flippinhogmana

Benintendi snapped an oh for 10 streak with a double and single in his final two at bats to take his average back up to .304
His double in the seventh was a sharp liner to right center that he legged out.  It started a four run rally that ended with Papi's two run homer for a 5-3 win over the Jays.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

JHicks3636

How exciting to see Benintedi play in his first play-off game as he will start tonight and bat 9th.