Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I can not and will not defend this.no defense,no wins

Started by forrest city joe, February 03, 2018, 05:20:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: arkansas1994 on February 03, 2018, 07:05:34 pm
Yep, these players are not afraid of Mike, The play where Beard started to run for the loose ball and stopped, ( he would have probably had a layup), Nolan would have pulled him and Beard would have sat on the far end of the bench.
)

I heard Mike say Beard is like another coach on the floor. If so, there's a reason why we're on the bubble again. There was 2 or 3 loose balls that Beard should've made a effort to get. I'm sick of half effort. I know Mike doesn't preach or teach that.

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 07:09:02 pm
Yes. They dont seem to compete. Mike just haven't been able to hit the right button with this team. History tells me he will.
I just think you are holding out hope for a repeat of last season, when it looked like doom and gloom and they turned it around at the end. Different year, this year the guards are playing extended minutes about every game, I don't see the late season push left in the legs of those guys because of having to play so many minutes.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 07:13:01 pm
I heard Mike say Beard is like another coach on the floor. If so, there's a reason why we're on the bubble again. There was 2 or 3 loose balls that Beard should've made a effort to get. I'm sick of half effort. I know Mike doesn't preach or teach that.
Wish we had a Beard coaching on the sidelines.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2018, 07:14:44 pm
I just think you are holding out hope for a repeat of last season, when it looked like doom and gloom and they turned it around at the end. Different year, this year the guards are playing extended minutes about every game, I don't see the late season push left in the legs of those guys because of having to play so many minutes.

They'll turn it around

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2018, 06:51:40 pm
You can cry about the coach all you want.but he will be back next year.and Mike is not perfect.and he is the head coach so yes he get's some of the blame.but some of this is on the players.defense and rebounding is a lot about effort.but all you care about is getting the coach fired. to hell with anything else.you make me sick!
This fall did you blame the football players for the bad defense, or the coaches?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2018, 07:25:28 pm
This fall did you blame the football players for the bad defense, or the coaches?

Great question

rude1

EastexHawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 06:44:40 pm
Arkansas will win 6 of the next 8 games. Mike will get their attention.

I am amazed at how delusional Arkansas fans have become. 

We have people asking questions like "what is this team missing" as if there might be some minor or overlooked solution that would turn it into the juggernaut some seem to think it is on the verge of becoming.

What we are missing is that we're not very good.  That's why we are tied for next to last place in the conference right now.  A veteran team...next to last place.  That is what Mike Anderson has built in year seven, which isn't really surprising considering we have only made two NCAA tournaments in his first six.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 03, 2018, 05:53:17 pm
What a waste. How much better would Hall and Jones be if given the minutes Beard gets? And wasting time on Cook? I don't get it.  Play Bailey he's got athletic ability and potential.

I go back to the best game we played last year. Beard was sick and didn't play at South Carolina.
Seems he always has a slump during the year!

HogBreath

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2018, 05:32:12 pm
It's not about that. you win by playing consistant defense.and the Hogs are not doing it right now.until that changes,they are going to keep losing.
Well hey...maybe next year..just be patient and give Mike time to get his players in here.

Mike will get it fixed.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

cardsNhogs

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2018, 07:30:13 pm

We have people asking questions like "what is this team missing" as if there might be some minor or overlooked solution that would turn it into the juggernaut some seem to think it is on the verge of becoming.

What we are missing is that we're not very good.  That's why we are tied for next to last place in the conference right now.  A veteran team...next to last place.  That is what Mike Anderson has built in year seven, which isn't really surprising considering we have only made two NCAA tournaments in his first six.
exactly!

Hihog

Road mentality is of midget proportions on the road.....yes that's it "Road Midgets" :puke:

hogsanity

The guys posting here in support of Mike are fake as a three dollar bill.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgball40

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2018, 07:25:28 pm
He's afraid of being called uncle that's what it all boils down to. its just the times we live in.

hogsanity

What FCJ meant was " I do not want to keep being called a coward so Ill make a post that looks like I am upset by the loss,but really it is just to blame the players instead of blaming my hero man crush Mike Anderson He is still a hof coach and will win 15 ncs if just given time.You haters might as well live with it you lost Mike is coach forever"
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2018, 07:29:00 pm
Based on what? Blind faith? Because you hope they do?

We've shown we can score with anybody. It comes down to ownership on defense. The players have to take some pride in stopping people. MA can't allow teams to get in rhythm. He hasn't used the time out well.

I saw a better defense the second half of the game. Something is going to give. Hopefully Arkansas can start getting some of these breaks. I want to see if the chemistry of this team improves if Beard is on the bench. There was 2 or 3 bad passes by him. Going into the Carolina game last year it was rough but the team turned it around. Let's do it again.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 07:50:59 pm
We've shown we can score with anybody. It comes down to ownership on defense. The players have to take some pride in stopping people. MA can't allow teams to get in rhythm. He hasn't used the time out well.

I saw a better defense the second half of the game. Something is going to give. Hopefully Arkansas can start getting some of these breaks. I want to see if the chemistry of this team improves if Beard is on the bench. There was 2 or 3 bad passes by him. Going into the Carolina game last year it was rough but the team turned it around. Let's do it again.
You seen better defense in the second half? We gave up 53 in 2nd half!! Now I see why you "see" MA turning this around.

Letsroll1200

All is not lost! We're only one game out of 5th place and 2 games out of 3rd. Just finish strong.

hobhog

Agree, but last years "turnaround" still was a low bar accomplishment. MA needs this team to make a deep run to keep the support. It's not looking good.

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 07:54:43 pm
All is not lost! We're only one game out of 5th place and 2 games out of 3rd. Just finish strong.

Good grief. I Admire the loyalty.

Oliver

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 03, 2018, 07:16:34 pm
Wish we had a Beard coaching on the sidelines.
I wish we had a Coach bearding on the sidelines.

3of5-2

Hopefully Arkansas can start getting some of these breaks, are you freakin kidding me. They've won 2 overtime games that they should have lost, and at least 2 others because the other teams missed point blank shots at the buzzer. They've gotten more breaks than most teams get in 2 years, and they are fortunate to have won any games in conference.

rude1

So we are 23 games into this season, and yet you think there is something being held back defensively that's going to jump out and appear from no where to save the day?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2018, 08:16:04 pm
So we are 23 games into this season, and yet you think there is something being held back defensively that's going to jump out and appear from no where to save the day?

Yes! Things are fixable. Close out on the 3 ball and if the guard is good at uptempo just back off. We played right into their hands. That's on Mike. Beard is not a fast guard and Barford gets fatigue.

You don't hace the personnel to press all game. I've been stubborn like that as a coach. LSU has 3 guards that can handle the ball. We wasn't going to get much off of pressing. In the post there wasn't a reason to trip. Play straight up abd force contested shots. We gave teams too much confidence. Looking forward to the remaining games. Finish strong

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

code red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 07:09:02 pm
Yes. They dont seem to compete. Mike just haven't been able to hit the right button with this team. History tells me he will.
Um yeah....um? I got nothing...wow.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hollywood_HOGan45

This reminds me a little of 08-09.
We started off like gangbusters. Then we were awful in sec play. Very puzzling.
We will do better than 2-14 but the level of play isn't even close to what it was in nov-dec.

Mjs84

Athog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2018, 05:20:25 pm
How do you shoot 55% from the field and lose? this team is playing no defense.and that has been the case most of the year.can't get any stops on defense.these home games coming up will not matter if they don't start playing some defense.Lsu shot 15 of 30 from the 3 point line.and 52% from the field.i don't know what Mike can do to fix this defense,other than go a lot of zone.i am not going to lie and say i am not worried about this season. i am very worried.because if this team does not start playing better right now.this season is lost. i have not given up on the team.i still 100% support our players and coaches.i still trust Mike Anderson to get this fixed.GO but it has to start today.defense and rebounding is all i want to hear about.GO HOGS.

Good post FCJ! You are spot on!

DOGALUM

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 03, 2018, 06:51:40 pm
You can cry about the coach all you want.but he will be back next year.and Mike is not perfect.and he is the head coach so yes he get's some of the blame.but some of this is on the players.defense and rebounding is a lot about effort.but all you care about is getting the coach fired. to hell with anything else.you make me sick!
no you rat bastard......you make me sick.  I would like to blame it on you just having no clue how sports work.   What leadership is and how it works.  And while you may indeed not know those things, your problem is and always has been that you are a worthless racist shitbag.   Defending MA and blaming players is just too much....even for you.   Go kick rocks.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

golfinpig

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 03, 2018, 07:12:07 pm
History tells the rest of us he won't.  You are as stubborn as FCJ!
After almost 7 seasons of seeing the same thing over and over ad nausem do you really believe MA is going to change the way he coaches? I love the hogs and want them to win but I am not blind.

golfinpig

Quote from: DOGALUM on February 03, 2018, 08:56:22 pm
no you rat bastard......you make me sick.  I would like to blame it on you just having no clue how sports work.   What leadership is and how it works.  And while you may indeed not know those things, your problem is and always has been that you are a worthless racist shitbag.   Defending MA and blaming players is just too much....even for you.   Go kick rocks.
My sentiments exactly!

DemiHOG

It's the same every year, shouldn't have to fix anything this time of year, our program is just barely mediocre, I find it's hard to watch but I do anyway. Like watching peewee basketball. Drives me crazy sometimes.

ParkerSchnabel

We were NOT going to beat LSU today. Whether its Nolan or Mike. This system always struggles against teams with quality point guards. Always has, always will. UCLA 95, point guard play. A lot of college ball is about matchups. And LSU is a bad matchup for us.

Could we play better defense ? You bet. Its against the rules here to call out players so I won't. But one guy ticked me off several times today. Time after time he laid off his guy by several feet. And for no reason other than to just be out of position. Its maddening. Is Mike telling this guy to be out of position ? I doubt it. He's a senior and should know how to defend by now.

My stance hasn't changed. Make the tournament or make a change. Mike has got to get his guys to stop leaving their guys wide open. Having said that we weren't going to win today anyway.

Letsroll1200

It's simple when I look at the top 4 teams in the SEC. Three of the four have a good floor general running the show. Auburn, Florida and Bama have guys at the lead guard spot the can change and control the game. We're missing that. Mike's best teams at Mizzou and UAB had game changing guards at the point guard spot. Mike has Beard. I can see Beard starting at Georgia and maybe A&M.

HogBreath

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on February 03, 2018, 09:24:08 pm
We were NOT going to beat LSU today. Whether its Nolan or Mike. This system always struggles against teams with quality point guards. Always has, always will. UCLA 95, point guard play. A lot of college ball is about matchups. And LSU is a bad matchup for us.

Could we play better defense ? You bet. Its against the rules here to call out players so I won't. But one guy ticked me off several times today. Time after time he laid off his guy by several feet. And for no reason other than to just be out of position. Its 
maddening. Is Mike telling this guy to be out of position ? I doubt it. He's a senior and should know how to defend by now.

My stance hasn't changed. Make the tournament or make a change. Mike has got to get his guys to stop leaving their guys wide  open. Having said that we weren't going to win today anyway.
Oh.no, no...no...no, no need to make a change.  Let's give Mike a chance to get his players in here.

Like you said....LSU could have beaten Magic and the Lakers today, Jordan and the Bulls too.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogBreath

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 09:43:23 pm
It's simple when I look at the top 4 teams in the SEC. Three of the four have a good floor general running the show. Auburn, Florida and Bama have guys at the lead guard spot the can change and control the game. We're missing that. Mike's best teams at Mizzou and UAB had game changing guards at the point guard spot. Mike has Beard. I can see Beard starting at Georgia and maybe A&M.
The glorious fast forty has no need for a point guard/floor general.   Fast forty forever.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: HogBreath on February 03, 2018, 09:43:53 pm
Oh.no, no...no...no, no need to make a change.  Let's give Mike a chance to get his players in here.

Like you said....LSU could have beaten Magic and the Lakers today, Jordan and the Bulls too.

Where did I say that ? You are off your rocker.

HogBreath

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on February 03, 2018, 09:47:59 pm
Where did I say that ? You are off your rocker.
Oooops, my bad, I thought you said make the tourney or make a change.  And...they ain't making the tourney.

So you figure it out.

The OTR

If this was any other coach in the history of Razorback Athletics Joe would be ranting and raving about firing the coach.  No one on this earth could convince him of that but everyone who has watched him through the years knows that it's true.  If the defense isn't good, after 7 years, that's on the coach. His players, his system, his defense, his motivational techniques that either are or not working. 

Maybe it will get better. Hopefully it does.  No one needs to waste their breath trying to convince Joe that the current condition of Razorback basketball falls squarely on Mike's shoulders.  7 years. Two NCCA tournament wins.  At what point does even Joe have to admit Mike isn't getting our program back to where we all want it to be.  We're okay. We're always going to be okay.  But after 7 years and having a senior laden team this is what we're seeing it's unlikely anything is going to change drastically as long as Mike is the head coach. Maybe one of these years we win two games in the tournament.  Will that justify 8 or 9 other years of never making any kind of run?  Are we all okay with average or a little above or below depending on the year?

In spite of what Joe thinks about us all we're not all haters.  Almost all of us wanted Mike to come back.  He's a great guy and I wish he would have been named head coach when Nolan left.  Maybe he would have had more to prove at that point in his career than he does now. 

Neither CBB or Anderson seem to have the fire or desire that it takes to get to an elite level in their respective sports.  Morris seems like a guy who is ready to prove himself and if he doesn't it's not going to be from a lack of effort. CBB was fat and lazy. Anderson seems complacent and seems to be okay with being a little above average most years.  If we are ever going to get to an elite level in basketball it is going to take someone hungry...hungrier than Mike Anderson. 

arkfan81

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 09:43:23 pm

Man get off beard. He has his moments but so does everyone. We have multiple problems on offense and defense

Have faith...

Letsroll1200

Quote from: arkfan81 on February 03, 2018, 10:17:49 pm
Man get off beard. We have multiple problems.

He's not the only reason but when you look at the standings in the SEC all but Tennesse have a great floor leader. I don't think that's a coincidence. Beard is Beard.

It's Mike's responsibility to have a difference maker at guard after 7 seasons. He missed on Amauri Hardy and Garland is dealing with something. I've been critical of the 1 abd 4 spots. However, Mike has tried different combinations at 4. However, he hasn't done that with the 1 spot.

arkfan81

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 03, 2018, 10:24:54 pm
He's not the only reason but when you look at the standings in the SEC all but Tennesse have a great floor leader. I don't think that's a coincidence. Beard is Beard.

It's Mike's responsibility to have a difference maker at guard after 7 seasons. He missed on Amauri Hardy and Garland is dealing with something. I've been critical of the 1 abd 4 spots. However, Mike has tried different combinations at 4. However, he hasn't done that with the 1 spot.

What improvements have you seen at the 4 or 5 spot?

We run 2 and 3 guards on the floor most of time with no real offense.

Our defense gets torched because we trap and switch and don't rotate, then with the extra pass they have a wide open look. Our senior team just got beat by a freshman point guard who did basically whatever he wanted

Lsu hit 15 3s and I'd say half of them were wide open looks.

Coaching is a problem because nothing changes
Have faith...

hogsanity

Quote from: HogBreath on February 03, 2018, 09:45:52 pm
The glorious fast forty has no need for a point guard/floor general.   Fast forty forever.

or rebounding, or set plays to get your best players the ball in a position to score, or the ability to play half court ball.

swineology

I see 4 losses
Kentucky at BWA
@Bama
AU at BWA
@Mizzou

8-10 will get us to the NIT

hogsanity

Quote from: swineology on February 03, 2018, 11:14:22 pm

I see 4 losses
Kentucky at BWA
@Bama
AU at BWA
@Mizzou

8-10 will get us to the NIT

Nah they will probably beat Ky or AUb or both and lose to A&M & OM.

HognitiveDissonance

There are a slew of home games left. So a 'turnaround' is quite possible.
I never count out Arkansas at home.

However, any change in wins and losses upcoming would primarily due to just that---playing at home. It would mask the issues that are causing Ark to lose some of these games. Lack of 'D', closing out shooters, not playing more zone defense, etc.

swineology

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2018, 11:16:58 pm
Nah they will probably beat Ky or AUb or both and lose to A&M & OM.

They will lose by at least 20 to both teams

hobhog

Lots of talk except about the elephant n the room.....