Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Victories by SEC Teams Over the Last 5 Years

Started by WilsonHog, July 18, 2006, 07:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback4ever

Maybe he's working today and will post tonight...............Maybe

GorillaJMonsoon

He was posting after i put the pic up.  I've sent him 2 PMs.  Ball is in his court.

B Ray

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 19, 2006, 11:39:22 am
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 19, 2006, 11:24:46 am
Quote from: Pig Power on July 19, 2006, 11:17:29 am
When Dale can consistently beat ranked and unranked conference teams at home and maybe a win a road game against any team outside the state of Mississippi, he will have my respect.
Guv might be right about sheer talent on campus now vs. the 03 team that underachieved. Where was the HC when things turned South in 2003? I hope we don't have a repeat this Fall.

How in the world did you expect H. Nutt to stop the officials from doing hose jobs on the Hogs
in the 03 Auburn & Florida games? In both Games the Hogs played well enough in th SECOND
HALF to win and the Officials took those wins away.

typical. ::)
Second Half, maybe we should only play the Second Half, Does our coach know that we are able to play to win in both halves...

ShellHog

Quote from: tbw1 on July 19, 2006, 11:39:44 am
Guv,

Why do you consider Alabama to be on a downhill slide?  Their probation period is over.  They are back to full scholarship levels.

In 2006 their recruiting class was 18th in the nation and sixth in the SEC.  (ahead of Arkansas)
In 2005 their recruiting class was 16th in the nation and fourth in the SEC.  (ahead of Arkansas)
In 2004 their recruiting class was 19th in the nation and fifth in the SEC.  (ahead of Arkansas)

They have the best defensive coordinator in the SEC in Joe Kines.

Why do you see a dropoff?

Question tbw1....Alabama's recruiting classes have been rated higher than Arkansas last 3 years.
Would You trade any of those HOG recruiting classes for Alabama's?
If so, which year?   Maybe 2004, but I doubt it.

Do you like what Alabama has coming back in 2006 over Arkansas?  Or in your opinion are those ratings you spit out going to prove to be wrong?

I like the talent the HOGS have coming back in 2006.....maybe I wear HOG Goggles, but Oh Well.     

TOM "tbw1"

Shell,

Working in my younger days many years ago, I followed Bama and Coach Bryant while down there.  My point is that I would rather have a stronger Razorback program defeat a strong Alabama program than one in decline.  I want to better than the SEC West because of our strength rather than their decline.

Some just spout off what comes to mind.  I want them to back with facts.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

wincrimson

July 20, 2006, 05:13:21 pm #105 Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 05:15:17 pm by wincrimson
Quote from: ShellHog on July 20, 2006, 05:06:45 pm
Guv,

Why do you consider Alabama to be on a downhill slide?  Their probation period is over.  They are back to full scholarship levels.

In 2006 their recruiting class was 18th in the nation and sixth in the SEC.  (ahead of Arkansas)
In 2005 their recruiting class was 16th in the nation and fourth in the SEC.  (ahead of Arkansas)
In 2004 their recruiting class was 19th in the nation and fifth in the SEC.  (ahead of Arkansas)

Question tbw1....Alabama's recruiting classes have been rated higher than Arkansas last 3 years.

Do you like what Alabama has coming back in 2006 over Arkansas?  Or in your opinion are those ratings you spit out going to prove to be wrong?

I like the talent the HOGS have coming back in 2006.....maybe I wear HOG Goggles, but Oh Well.     

Honestly, there's no way I would trade our 06 class to what you guys signed. Very few people outside of the state of Arkansas would either. Rivals.com gave us the #11 class in the nation last season. Arkansas was 26th.

As far as the Bama/Arkansas game this year- if it were played today, I'd pick the Hogs. We'll be 3-0 when we come into RRS but I'll only pick us to leave 4-0 if you guys come out and stink up the joint against USC, something I don't think will happen. You played us down to the wire with a far inferior team last year on the road, I think it was like 24-13 maybe? I hate to say it, but I'm taking Arky by a TD at home.

As far as us being on a downhill slide? WTH! The chains of probation are off now and we've improved our win total every year for the past 3 seasons, including a final #8 national ranking and a Cotton Bowl Trophy. And I'm not even touching on the new weight room, practice facilities, and stadium expansion... all of which will play a major impact on our recruiting.

ShellHog

Quote from: tbw1 on July 20, 2006, 05:09:57 pm
Shell,

Working in my younger days many years ago, I followed Bama and Coach Bryant while down there.  My point is that I would rather have a stronger Razorback program defeat a strong Alabama program than one in decline.  I want to better than the SEC West because of our strength rather than their decline.

Some just spout off what comes to mind.  I want them to back with facts.

I understand.  I'm with ya......

GuvHog

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 20, 2006, 01:55:10 pm
I don't often tell people that they are flat out wrong, but for you, I will make an exception.  Here is the picture and the quote.  They trump the hell out of what your gut tells you.  This was not only a late hit, but also a head-to-head hit on the QB.  so not only was it a personal foul, it was two personal fouls in one play. 

"I hit him head-to-head," said Bua, who had no problem with the call. "To see that flag, it makes you want to go crawl in a hole somewhere. You know you're the most hated man in Arkansas right now."

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/101903/col_13819327.shtml

I hereby admit that I was wrong, and I do most sincerely apologize.
Thanks Gorilla for the Info. +1
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GorillaJMonsoon

Done deal.  I had originally thought the call was a bad one, but after seeing the replay and that photo (which I saw almost a week after the game), I changed my mind.  So I was wrong originally as well.  Way to be a man.  Seriously. +1

GuvHog

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 20, 2006, 07:01:22 pm
Done deal.  I had originally thought the call was a bad one, but after seeing the replay and that photo (which I saw almost a week after the game), I changed my mind.  So I was wrong originally as well.  Way to be a man.  Seriously. +1

Hey, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. thanks for the +1.

GorillaJMonsoon

As bad as that play hurt, I still love Bua.  He reminds me of a guy I knew in college who was a Cajun and he wasn't big at all but he was tough as nails.  He was great for the defenses morale since he was always pumped up and getting into teammates faces.

Richard_white

Quote from: wincrimson on July 20, 2006, 05:13:21 pm
Guv,

If so, which year?   Maybe 2004, but I doubt it.

Honestly, there's no way I would trade our 06 class to what you guys signed. Very few people outside of the state of Arkansas would either. Rivals.com gave us the #11 class in the nation last season. Arkansas was 26th.

As far as the Bama/Arkansas game this year- if it were played today, I'd pick the Hogs. We'll be 3-0 when we come into RRS but I'll only pick us to leave 4-0 if you guys come out and stink up the joint against USC, something I don't think will happen. You played us down to the wire with a far inferior team last year on the road, I think it was like 24-13 maybe? I hate to say it, but I'm taking Arky by a TD at home.

As far as us being on a downhill slide? WTH! The chains of probation are off now and we've improved our win total every year for the past 3 seasons, including a final #8 national ranking and a Cotton Bowl Trophy. And I'm not even touching on the new weight room, practice facilities, and stadium expansion... all of which will play a major impact on our recruiting.

Don't say that to the Guv, then he will find another reason why the cloud hurt Arkansas.

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on July 20, 2006, 07:21:30 pm
Guv,

If so, which year?   Maybe 2004, but I doubt it.

Don't say that to the Guv, then he will find another reason why the cloud hurt Arkansas.

Hey, the guy's a die-hard Crimson Tide fan, you can't blame him for being optimistic.

wincrimson

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 20, 2006, 07:34:05 pm
Quote from: Richard_white on July 20, 2006, 07:21:30 pm
Guv,

Hey, the guy's a die-hard Crimson Tide fan, you can't blame him for being optimistic.

I have my legit reasons, yes.

GorillaJMonsoon

The Tide has had enough great history that they will always be part of national college football.  They have rough times, but they have a better chance of recovering than some other teams that don't have that pedigree.  But, whether they like to admit it or not, lately Alabama has had to compete with a very strong Auburn as their instate rival not only on the field but also in recruiting.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 20, 2006, 07:09:49 pm
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 20, 2006, 07:01:22 pm

Hey, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. thanks for the +1.

And you're wrong a lot more than you are right.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

razorback4ever

And you're wrong a lot more than you are right.  HoginMemphis

Ow come on man, that wasn't needed. The guy just swallowed his pride and ate a big piece of shiite pie. He admitted he fuc-ed up. Seems many Longhorn fans have that "Holy'er than thou" attitude. Go back to your Texas board.

GuvHog

Quote from: razorback4ever on July 21, 2006, 11:11:04 am
And you're wrong a lot more than you are right.  HoginMemphis

Ow come on man, that wasn't needed. The guy just swallowed his pride and ate a big piece of shiite pie. He admitted he fuc-ed up. Seems many Longhorn fans have that "Holy'er than thou" attitude. Go back to your Texas board.

Thanks, I needed that.  +1

EastexHawg

I'm not interested in piling on GUV, but I think the deal is how OFTEN he makes statements on this board in which he claims he is absolutely, positively right...then admits he is wrong only after someone calls him on it with irrefutable proof to the contrary.

It seems to be a pattern...

One thing I think anyone who posts on this board needs to realize is that throwing out BS is just not going to work.  You may think some of it has stuck for a little while, but there are too many people here who know too much about Hog football for anything to get past all of them.  Eventually, someone is going to call you on it.

razorback4ever

I'll give that, this board is full of some pretty sharp cookies. I just couldn't stomach a hated Longhorn fan blasting another Arkie, and on an Arkansas board to boot. I'm new on this board, but even if GUV is full of BS all the time, it was a TEXAS fan on an Arkansas board.

GuvHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 21, 2006, 11:20:24 am
I'm not interested in piling on GUV, but I think the deal is how OFTEN he makes statements on this board in which he claims he is absolutely, positively right...then admits he is wrong only after someone calls him on it with irrefutable proof to the contrary.

It seems to be a pattern...

One thing I think anyone who posts on this board needs to realize is that throwing out BS is just not going to work.  You may think some of it has stuck for a little while, but there are too many people here who know too much about Hog football for anything to get past all of them.  Eventually, someone is going to call you on it.

Eastex I'll admit it, I have made some mistakes and have apologized for them, But at least
I have the guts to admit it when I'm wrong. There are others on this board who insist that
that they know for sure that H. Nutt was forced to hire GM, but when they are asked to
provide a link or source they quickly plead the 5th and run like a deer from a forest fire. These
people continue to throw out this unsubstantiated rumor as fact but refuse to provide
proof. the fact that this behavior is acceptable, and my errors and apologies are not is pure
Hippocrasy.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 18, 2006, 07:32:24 pm
There appear to be three distinct levels.

Georgia (52)
LSU (51)
Auburn (46)
Tennessee (44)
Florida (42)

Alabama (37)
Arkansas (34)
South Carolina (32) 
Ole Miss (31)

Kentucky (18)
Mississippi State (14)
Vanderbilt (13)

Hey Wilson.... You wouldn't happen to have SEC wins by each anywhere woud you?   I think that will really tell the tale....I'd be very interested where we stand...I mean I know where we stand..... 4th in the West, and prolly 7th or 8th overall.....     

rzrbaxfan

Conference wins in the past 5 years....

Ark 18
Bama 21
Aub 29
LSU 29
Miss 18
Miss St 6

SC 18
Tenn 28
Ga 30
Fla 27
Ky 8
Vandy 5

Does not include wins in the SECCG.

TOM "tbw1"

I now understand why so many here are proud of Coach Nutt's record.  We are tied with South Carolina and Ole Miss for victories and ahead of Kentucky Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.  Note that Vanderbilt has had stellar success so their defeat of Arkansas is nothing to hang your head about.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 21, 2006, 03:01:10 pm
Eastex I'll admit it, I have made some mistakes and have apologized for them, But at least
I have the guts to admit it when I'm wrong. There are others on this board who insist that
that they know for sure that H. Nutt was forced to hire GM, but when they are asked to
provide a link or source they quickly plead the 5th and run like a deer from a forest fire. These
people continue to throw out this unsubstantiated rumor as fact but refuse to provide
proof. the fact that this behavior is acceptable, and my errors and apologies are not is pure
Hippocrasy.
Look man, I can't spend all day proving you wrong on every single issue.  But I will try and find the quotes that I know I read about Nutt not wanting to hire an OC and when you look at the dates and then the hiring of Gus, you will see that he was dead set against hiring an OC up until he was told to by his bossman.  I don't care what was said publicly by the Athletic Dept. afterwards, Nutt did not hire Gus because he wanted to.    And I would ease up bashing folks because they don't always back up their assertions with facts, especially since you have a habit of doing the very same thing.  Just because you apologize for it every time doesn't make it any less wrong or tiresome to others.  And as far as people revealing their sources, not everyone who is told something in confidence is willing to give up their source on a message board.  That doesn't automatically mean that they are lying though.  There is a difference between not being able to reveal the source of information and just being dead wrong about it.  You seem to prefer to just be dead wrong about things.  Give me some time and I will set you straight on this one.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteI now understand why so many here are proud of Coach Nutt's record.  We are tied with South Carolina and Ole Miss for victories and ahead of Kentucky Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.  Note that Vanderbilt has had stellar success so their defeat of Arkansas is nothing to hang your head about.

Hate to add more salt to the wounds, but one of Kentucky's 8 SEC wins in the past 5 years includes one over us in Fayetteville.

GuvHog

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 21, 2006, 04:07:48 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 21, 2006, 03:01:10 pm
Hippocrasy.
Look man, I can't spend all day proving you wrong on every single issue.  But I will try and find the quotes that I know I read about Nutt not wanting to hire an OC and when you look at the dates and then the hiring of Gus, you will see that he was dead set against hiring an OC up until he was told to by his bossman.  I don't care what was said publicly by the Athletic Dept. afterwards, Nutt did not hire Gus because he wanted to.    And I would ease up bashing folks because they don't always back up their assertions with facts, especially since you have a habit of doing the very same thing.  Just because you apologize for it every time doesn't make it any less wrong or tiresome to others.  And as far as people revealing their sources, not everyone who is told something in confidence is willing to give up their source on a message board.  That doesn't automatically mean that they are lying though.  There is a difference between not being able to reveal the source of information and just being dead wrong about it.  You seem to prefer to just be dead wrong about things.  Give me some time and I will set you straight on this one.

Let me clarify something Gorilla, I did not, and will never say anyone who says HDN was forced to hire GM is a liar. I said they haven't provided proof, that doesn't mean I think they're being
untruthful. When I tell someone I read something on Hogville and they call me a liar, I want
to have proof so I can back it up. To call someone out and call them a liar on this board
is rude and unacceptable behavior and I will never do it. I hope this clarifies things a little bit.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: tbw1 on July 21, 2006, 04:07:20 pm
I now understand why so many here are proud of Coach Nutt's record.  We are tied with South Carolina and Ole Miss for victories and ahead of Kentucky Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.  Note that Vanderbilt has had stellar success so their defeat of Arkansas is nothing to hang your head about.

We are Ole Miss, or slightly worse. Ole Miss did go 7-1 in SEC a few years ago...something Nutt has never done.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

razorback4ever

I think HDN was forced to hire an OC. Once this decision was made, I think GM was who HDN chose, rather than him being forced to hire GM. IMHO

hogsNbeer

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on July 21, 2006, 03:58:13 pm
Conference wins in the past 5 years....

Ark 18
Bama 21
Aub 29
LSU 29
Miss 18
Miss St 6

SC 18
Tenn 28
Ga 30
Fla 27
Ky 8
Vandy 5

Does not include wins in the SECCG.

Thank you sir....+1   I put them in order of WINS......

Georgia   30
Auburn   29
LSU   29
Tenn   28
FLA   27
Bama   21
Ark   18
Ole Miss   18
S Carolina18
KY   8
Miss St   6
Vandy   5

Boy.... We are a bottom tier team...  I'm sure the NUTT apologist will again blame the "cloud" for this.......

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 21, 2006, 04:19:11 pm
Let me clarify something Gorilla, I did not, and will never say anyone who says HDN was forced to hire GM is a liar. I said they haven't provided proof, that doesn't mean I think they're being
untruthful. When I tell someone I read something on Hogville and they call me a liar, I want
to have proof so I can back it up. To call someone out and call them a liar on this board
is rude and unacceptable behavior and I will never do it. I hope this clarifies things a little bit.
Well what I was trying to say was that just because they don't give you their source doesn't mean they are lying, maybe it means they can't give up their source without getting them in trouble, especially when it comes to inside stuff like this.  At least some of them have that as their excuse for not backing things up.  For you, lately, the reason your arguments aren't backed with facts is that the facts show your argument to be incorrect.  I am still looking for the quotes that I mentioned earlier and I will let you know when I have them.

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: razorback4ever on July 21, 2006, 04:32:01 pm
I think HDN was forced to hire an OC. Once this decision was made, I think GM was who HDN chose, rather than him being forced to hire GM. IMHO
Well I also think that Gus wasn't coming unless he WAS the OC and had play-calling duties, otherwise, he would have been rendered irrelevant by the current staff.  I think he played hardball and was obviously in a position to get the things that he felt he needed in order to have some real input and influence on the team.  To continue to pretend that Gus's hiring was completely orchestrated by Nutt on his own is insane.

razorback4ever

To continue to pretend that Gus's hiring was completely orchestrated by Nutt on his own is insane.

I agree.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 21, 2006, 04:58:25 pm
Well I also think that Gus wasn't coming unless he WAS the OC and had play-calling duties

I think that's pretty accurate.  If I'm not mistaken, he had offers to be OC elsewhere.

GuvHog

July 21, 2006, 06:02:48 pm #134 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:07:59 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on July 21, 2006, 04:56:00 pm
Well what I was trying to say was that just because they don't give you their source doesn't mean they are lying, maybe it means they can't give up their source without getting them in trouble, especially when it comes to inside stuff like this.  At least some of them have that as their excuse for not backing things up.  For you, lately, the reason your arguments aren't backed with facts is that the facts show your argument to be incorrect.  I am still looking for the quotes that I mentioned earlier and I will let you know when I have them.

I agree with you about peoples sources and no I don't think anybody is lying.
I would appreciate any Info you can give me on the subject. That way at least I'll
have correct Info. And no, I don't think GMs hiring was completely Nutts doing alone, I do believe
frank had a part in it. Although I don't know what Franks part was, I'd sure like to.

pseudorabies

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 21, 2006, 06:02:48 pm

I would appreciate any Info you can give me on the subject. That way at least I'll
have correct Info. And no, I don't think GMs hiring was completely Nutts doing alone, I do believe
frank had a part in it. Although I don't know what Franks part was, I'd sure like to.

It doesn't matter if we gave you 50 links of proof that Nutt was forced to hire Malzahn.  Tomorrow you would wake up and forget everything you read the day before and start with the same pointless posts like you did today.

GuvHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 21, 2006, 06:24:04 pm

It doesn't matter if we gave you 50 links of proof that Nutt was forced to hire Malzahn.  Tomorrow you would wake up and forget everything you read the day before and start with the same pointless posts like you did today.

No, I wouldn't. Try me and see.

pseudorabies

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 21, 2006, 06:32:59 pm

www.onlyafoolwouldthinknuttwasnotforcedtohiremalzahn.com

GuvHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 21, 2006, 06:34:35 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 21, 2006, 06:32:59 pm

www.onlyafoolwouldthinknuttwasnotforcedtohiremalzahn.com

Nice comback! +1

Sao Ming

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 19, 2006, 08:48:46 am
At least we are seventh during that period.  Go back to turn of the century (the 2000 season until today) and we are NINTH.

10 years from now if we are 8-10th and holding steady in the this category, we should bail and beg the Big 12 to let us in.  At that point, it's not about pride or strenght of the SEC but self-preservation and desperation.  10 more years of this schitt and there will be no one willing to use any amount of spin and say we are a proud program.

I can't watch this happen. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Sao Ming on July 21, 2006, 11:36:34 pm
At least we are seventh during that period.  Go back to turn of the century (the 2000 season until today) and we are NINTH.

10 years from now if we are 8-10th and holding steady in the this category, we should bail and beg the Big 12 to let us in.  At that point, it's not about pride or strenght of the SEC but self-preservation and desperation.  10 more years of this schitt and there will be no one willing to use any amount of spin and say we are a proud program.

You won't have to, Because it AIN'T Happnin'! You guys beat all I've ever seen!
I'm sure gonna enjoy watching y'all wipe some serious EGG off of your Faces!

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 22, 2006, 12:17:19 am

Try to wear some sunglasses.  It helps to see better, as I was told once.

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on July 22, 2006, 12:18:46 am
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 22, 2006, 12:17:19 am

Try to wear some sunglasses.  It helps to see better, as I was told once.

Nice Comeback! I love it! +1

Sonofahog

July 22, 2006, 12:25:18 am #143 Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:27:47 am by stillahog

Don't start that ridiculous Big 12 crap again.  We are in the SEC to stay.  No matter how bad we suck.  I would rather suck in the best conference than suck in a lesser one.  Now give me your economics report on why we should be in the Big 12.  You know you want to!!!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Sao Ming

July 22, 2006, 12:29:06 am #144 Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:31:59 am by Sao Ming
Not attempting anything of the sort.  Personally, if we are relegated to cellar dwellers in the SEC that is not better than winning in the Big 12.  That's my side of things.  As far as economics, I don't need to quantify good or bad, right or wrong with a move of that magnitude.  Winning creates money and envy.  That should be the only study needed on the subject.  ADDING:  If I have 'egg' on my face for watching us win that will make me a ver, very happy man.

Sonofahog

Quote from: Sao Ming on July 22, 2006, 12:29:06 am
Not attempting anything of the sort.  Personally, if we are relegated to cellar dwellers in the SEC that is not better than winning in the Big 12.  That's my side of things.  As far as economics, I don't need to quantify good or bad, right or wrong with a move of that magnitude.  Winning creates money and envy.  That should be the only study needed on the subject.

And how do you come to the conclusion that we would win in the Big 12?   I say we would be in about the same position.  I for one do believe we can win in the SEC and will win in the SEC.  When HDN is gone. 

Sao Ming

I will provide you with my full Big 12 winning strategy in 10 years, if necessary.

Sonofahog

Quote from: Sao Ming on July 22, 2006, 12:33:50 am
I will provide you with my full Big 12 winning strategy in 10 years, if necessary.

That works for me!!  (hope it's not necessary).