Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Louisana DT Rolando Melancon says Arkansas will get visit

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 10, 2006, 09:52:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 10, 2006, 09:52:40 pm Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 09:57:14 pm by The Recruiting Guy
Special thanks to Coach Detillier for setting this interview up. Read the article below and you'll see why I'm so appreciative. Rolando is a 6'2 270 DT with 4.8 speed from Lutcher La.

Here's what he had to say tonight.

TRG: Tell me your offers?

Rolando:  LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St., Colorado, Nebraska, Michigan, TCU and Southern.

TRG: Any favorites?

Rolando: No favorites.

TRG: Who offered first?

Rolando: Ole Miss.

TRG: When did Arkansas Offer?

Rolando: They were the 3rd or 4th school to offer. They offered one of the last days of school.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Rolando: I really don't know his name. Haven't heard from them in a month.

TRG: When will you make a decision?

Rolando: That's still up in the air.

TRG: Will you take all five of your visits?

Rolando: Yes.

TRG: Will Arkansas get a visit?

Rolando: Yes. They will get a visit. I had a former teammate that has visited Arkansas and he said I would commit after I visited there.

TRG: Tell me your bench and squat?

Rolando: My bench is 315 and squat is 495.

Some schools project Rolando as a NG and some as a DT, some have even mentioned DE. As noted at the top, the Lutcher HS program is enduring some serious adversity with their fieldhouse being destroyed by fire. Coach Detillier said they're having to start from scratch. Everything was destroyed. That's including any highlight tape of Rolando. Rolando is very likable young man and I wish him and the Lutcher FB the very best.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/2727666.html

Kilgor

1.  Arkansas hasn't contacted him in over a month and he doesn't know who is recruiting him for Arkansas????????????

2.  Surely momma or family have some video of him playing.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

J.A.Y.

That was the first thing that jumped out to me. No contact for a month.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

ConwayHog

How come none of these recruits know who is recruiting them except when Gus is the one doing it?  Can we get some coaches on the road who will make an impression?

Hawgballz

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 10, 2006, 10:04:11 pm
How come none of these recruits know who is recruiting them except when Gus is the one doing it?  Can we get some coaches on the road who will make an impression?

I will have to look it up, but I believe the other DL we are recruiting from Northern LA when asked who was recruiting him said "the OC I believe, but I don't remember his name".  17 year old kids not remembering names is not earth breaking news, but us not contacting him in a month is UNFORGIVEABLE.  I have 3 kids 17, 16 (her birthday was today) & 10 and them not remembering a name is the expected not the unusual.  It is just a fact of life and that is why they still have parents to watch out for them until their brains mature.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hogsmaster

I don't ever remember us getting a Louisania player when LSU also offered.  I think we are a long shot.

Oklahawg

Gotta get them out of the gym playing horse and busy text-messaging recruits.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

arkbengal

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 10, 2006, 10:42:35 pm
I don't ever remember us getting a Louisania player when LSU also offered.  I think we are a long shot.

May be a chance on this one. I know LSU (and others, including Arkansas) are recruiting 3-5 DT/DE this year. Main ones are Blackwell and Davis from Monroe along with Melancon. Doubtful all three will go to same school I would think.

SultanofSwine

No contact in a month??? I agree with the others that have said this is re-diculous. No wonder he can't remember who is "recruiting" him. That is freakin pitiful.

pseudorabies

Quote from: SultanofSwine on July 11, 2006, 10:32:01 am
No contact in a month??? I agree with the others that have said this is re-diculous. No wonder he can't remember who is "recruiting" him. That is freakin pitiful.

The coaches have been on vacation for about 2 weeks.  Lets not jump on them just yet.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 10, 2006, 10:44:30 pm
Gotta get them out of the gym playing horse and busy text-messaging recruits.

Good one! ;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Razorback_Z71

Wasnt London Crawford a highly recruited WR who decommited from LSU at the last second to sighn with arkansas?

pseudorabies

Quote from: Razorback_Z71 on July 11, 2006, 02:06:59 pm

Wasnt London Crawford a highly recruited WR who decommited from LSU at the last second to sighn with arkansas?

Yes, but I believe that LSU had concerns with his academics at the time.

SultanofSwine

psuedo, if they were on the ball the kid would have said "I haven't spoken with anyone in a couple of weeks while they are on vacation" not "I haven't heard from them in a month"

With the exception of Wood, Gus and Reggie, they have pretty much burned up all thier slack way before now.

Tomhog™

It burns me up that Malzahn is the one beating the bushes the hardest at getting recruits, while the 'experienced' recruiters are not hardly mentioned.  If you ask me, I think Gus needs a big raise on his recruiting abilities alone...

pseudorabies

I know what you are saying, but I am just hoping that there is a reasonable explanation for it other than someone dropping the ball again.

cbjagman

Truly unbelieveable if indeed no one has contacted this young man in over a month. From what I read and observe I'm left with the impression that much of our recruiting efforts resemble the infamous "Chinese firedrill". Is it any wonder that we miss out on so many potential big names?

hogsmaster

Crawford was offered by LSU and committed to them before signing with us, but he is from Mobile, Alabama.

Tammany Tom

He is a primary target for the LSU staff, no doubt. Melancon has said on several occasions, however, that he is interested in going out of state. He very well could be interested in Arkansas, but the competition will be fierce. Michigan is making a major play for his services as they are for Luther Davis. Most down here think that it will be between LSU, USC, and Michigan for Davis' signiture.

There will be a full court press by the LSU staff to get at least 2 commitments from these three players: Blackwell, Davis, and Melancon. None are a sure thing for LSU. Blackwell is currently the top rated DT in the state. He is in major play and has shown no sure favorite, but a lot of people down here expect him to sign with LSU. If LSU can get all three then it will be wonderful and icing on the cake.

One thing that might hurt LSU is that we are loaded at DT. The signings of 5 & 4 star and Rivals 100 DT's last year in Woods and Deas could cause any of these three to think twice about staying in state.

Razorback_Z71

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 11, 2006, 02:23:18 pm
I know what you are saying, but I am just hoping that there is a reasonable explanation for it other than someone dropping the ball again.

I think we should just fire all of them. Except GM, AW, and RH.  I feel there are to many coaches sitting on their butt and cashing a check for doing nothing.    "Business as usual" will just get us another 4-7 season.   I'm so tired of the laziness and absolutely no commitment towards winning.

T-Bag Hawg

"Jump on them"?  How hard is it to make a phone call? 
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

freedomcounty

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 11, 2006, 02:07:51 pm

Fine, sure, but they didn't pull their offer. We stole him away. That's still a positive thing.

pseudorabies

Quote from: freedomcounty on July 12, 2006, 11:43:26 pm

Fine, sure, but they didn't pull their offer. We stole him away. That's still a positive thing.

Did I say they pulled his offer?  Did I say getting him to switch was not a positive thing?

Hawgballz

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 13, 2006, 08:26:38 am

Did I say they pulled his offer?  Did I say getting him to switch was not a positive thing?

Maybe not, but the tone that I got from reading your post was definitely that LSU didn't want him anyway.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

pseudorabies

Quote from: HawgBall06 on July 13, 2006, 09:52:15 am

Maybe not, but the tone that I got from reading your post was definitely that LSU didn't want him anyway.

Lets just say they were saying that he wasn't going to qualify so it wasn't a big loss.  I believe it will come back to haunt them.

Tomhog™

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 13, 2006, 10:46:11 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on July 13, 2006, 09:52:15 am

Lets just say they were saying that he wasn't going to qualify so it wasn't a big loss.  I believe it will come back to haunt them.

Let's hope he has some outstanding games against LSU in the future.  (hopefully all the other games too)

SPAL

One thing that might hurt LSU is that we are loaded at DT. The signings of 5 & 4 star and Rivals 100 DT's last year in Woods and Deas could cause any of these three to think twice about staying in state.
[/quote]

It must be nice having to worry about a 5star kid not coming to your school because you are loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits already instead of them not comin because they dont know who is recruiting them.

V. V. Hawg

Good greif!  TRG, PLEASE start recruiting.  A few days ago I saw where people were ?ing why the recruits don't know who's recruiting them.  I thought, that's just the player not wanting to get specific, so they won't be pinned down to ?'s about the coach.  But, again and again they say "I don't know who's recruiting me."  That's @#$%*& UP!

Tammany Tom

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 13, 2006, 10:46:11 pm

Make no mistake about it, LSU wanted London Crawford. Two things, in my opinion changed Crawford's mind: 1. He made friends with some of the other recruits on his visit to Fayetteville and felt very comfortable up there. 2. LSU was recruiting two other 4 star WR's and got commitments from both of them (Chris Mitchell & Jared Mitchell) giving them three 4 star WR commitments along with Ricky Dixon. The numbers weren't favorable for Crawford at LSU and he liked Fayetteville a lot, so he changed his mind and commited to Arkansas.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 15, 2006, 06:27:16 am
It must be nice having to worry about a 5star kid not coming to your school because you are loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits already instead of them not comin because they dont know who is recruiting them.

We are worrying. We want Blackwell and Davis very bad and Melancon would be a great catch for us. LSU is currently recruiting Blackwell as a DE and Davis and Melancon as DT's. One thing I am hearing is that there are some issues with academics concerning Melancon. He will need to do some major work his senior year to get his academics straight so that he can qualify next year.