Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Postgame Gripe Thread

Started by V B Porkers, March 17, 2006, 01:43:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WichitaStateRazorback

I would'nt call next year a rebuilding year.

MrsPiggy

We weren't outcoached...we were UNDERcoached.  No, I don't hate Heath or think he should be fired for this game.  I just think that Heath has to come to terms with the fact that his style doesn't work with the players he can recruit to Arkansas.  It's almost like Heath keeps trying to prove he can win with his preferred style - maybe in the Big 10 but not here.  Why was Dontell in this game?  When Heath limited his time we won - so the obvious thing was to play Dontell in the tournament???  Or instead of committing to the press Heath decides to play exactly the type of game Bucknell likes.  Did Heath get the wrong tapes? 

Heath's not the one to miss the free throws but it wouldn't have mattered if he had developed a game plan that matched our players instead of Bucknell's

hogsNbeer

Whoever thinks this Heath's fault is ignorant...... This all falls on the players, all of them ......  They were awful, pitiful, and SAD....  If you can't get up for a NCAA Tournament game then you dont' deserve to be there..... Plain and Simple...   Heck, our SRs are still making JR High mistakes and poor decisions at crucial times of the game......     This is not the Coach's fault.....    And all of you morons that were slamming Bucknell this week before the game should stop and think.....  Peace...

We didn't deserve to win...

artyhog

Quote from: neblon on March 17, 2006, 02:14:01 pm
Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:04:21 pm
Quote from: SultanofSwine on March 17, 2006, 01:52:27 pm
Stewie, I hate this for the players and I wisj like HELL that they had had a coach with atleast a lick of freakin sense to lead them today.

Stan did not loose the game today.  It was the players who missed open shots, missed a ton of Free Throws, and turned the ball over.

I am as mad as anyone hear, but not to the point of Stan loosing the game.
He didn't help "loose" it, but he sure helped "lose" it for us

Nice

karma26

How many free throws did we miss today? Just a question.

artyhog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on March 17, 2006, 02:42:31 pm
Whoever thinks this Heath's fault is ignorant...... This all falls on the players, all of them ......  They were awful, pitiful, and SAD....  If you can't get up for a NCAA Tournament game then you dont' deserve to be there..... Plain and Simple...   Heck, our SRs are still making JR High mistakes and poor decisions at crucial times of the game......     This is not the Coach's fault.....    And all of you morons that were slamming Bucknell this week before the game should stop and think.....  Peace...

Could not agree with you more.

+1

pigture perfect

I know it's not acceptable thinking that you blame the players and not the coach. After all they are only kids, right? Well, much of my blame does go to the kids. You can't shoot in the 30% range and win. And they were the ones who missed all the free throws late.

The fact that Bucknell kids are smarter than Tennesee  and Florida kids makes a difference too. When we beat them it was because they let us back in to the ballgame. We executed then, but didn't today.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

artyhog

Quote from: karma26 on March 17, 2006, 02:44:28 pm

The Hogs missed 9.  Some were front end of 1-1.

karma26

Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:46:38 pm

That's not coaching. I am not a fan of Heath by any means but hell, free throws? That should be a given.

nwarazfan

Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:45:50 pm

+1

Actually Heath allowing Bucknell to literally walk the ball up until 6 minutes left in the game was a huge contributing factor on why we lost.  I will not defend Stan today.  He allowed an inferior team with no bench to dictate tempo and the style of game.  He waited 5 - 10 minutes too late to press.  Two of Buck's best FT shooters missed in the last minute.  TIRED LEGS!  We would have won by 5 or 6 if we would have pressed earlier.  With 9 minutes left, 3 Buck players were walking side by side up the court up 7 and we just sat back and waited.  Unexplainable and unacceptable.

neblon

Whoever thinks this Heath's fault is ignorant...... This all falls on the players, all of them ......  They were awful, pitiful, and SAD....  If you can't get up for a NCAA Tournament game then you dont' deserve to be there..... Plain and Simple...   Heck, our SRs are still making JR High mistakes and poor decisions at crucial times of the game......     This is not the Coach's fault.....    And all of you morons that were slamming Bucknell this week before the game should stop and think.....  Peace...

[/quote

If these player making these jr. high mistakes were on the bench they wouldn't be making making them would they?

Swynler Durden

Quote from: secthumper on March 17, 2006, 02:19:14 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 17, 2006, 02:04:54 pm
Because I am not cussing ...and wanting Heath Fired, Seniors paraded down main street and saying f.... Arkansas I am Suger Coating what happened. 

Some of us tend not to forget what the seniors have gone through (Re-building) Practices runnning up and down hills, heart-ache after all those close losses during the season. 

I just choose not to Rip them a new one because they are a representative of my beloved Home State and they played their hearts out.  I thank them for their effort that all. 

What is your problem? I never said to fire Heath in either one of my posts!!
I did not cuss you, Heath, any player, or differing opinions on this board!!

I stated a FACT,that they let this entire state down and that is the plain simple fact!!
And as I stated earlier, you do not frickin know me, so button your mouth!!

I absolutley hated to watch them lose,but still I am proud of what this team accomplished down the stretch this season. So that "FACT" is just your opinion and should be represented as such.

BigHog396

Tmac813

Something that only 64 teams could accomplish, a trip to the dance!

"Excuse me while I whip this out"  - Sheriff in Blazing Saddles

Hoggy Bear

Anyone know what happened there?  Don't think he saw the court in the 2nd half.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 17, 2006, 03:05:17 pm
What did they accomplish?

First, they put together a winning streak that was thrilling to watch. One minute Heath is a goner, two weeks later everyone is talking about us vs. Florida in the S.E.C. tournament is the game that will determine the eventual outcome. Selection Sunday, while insufferable to watch with the volume on, actually meant something around here again. Do you mean to tell me that during that span you felt that they were accomplishing nothing? While it may hurt everyone's pride to lose to a school that most Arkansans knew nothing about until they Googled them last Sunday, don't forget that this is a senior lead, fundamentally sound team with tournament experience. Make no mistake I hated to see them lose but that does not take away from the fact that I am a fan of this program and in turn am proud to see them do more this year than in years past.

hoggystyle78

I don't know about the rest of you guys guys, but I'm just so thrilled that Stan and nutt are back next year that all i can say is "wait till next year!", the new battle cry of the Arkansas Razorbacks basketball and football teams. Our 2 illustrious headcoaches(Stan and dumbass), have taken 2 respected programs and pretty much butt-phucked them to the point that NOBODY is afraid to play Arkansas anymore. From national champion in 1994 to mid-major doormat in just 12 short years!, I can't wait to see what Stan and dipschitt do next year to muck things up! This is getting just like a bad soap opera.

ChrisD

I am sorry that the season is over. I am not sorry that we made the tournament and went on the winning streak to end the year. I am proud of our team and our coaches.

I am glad that we will have a new group of players coming in that are used to winning and the players that are most accustomed to losing will be gone. The new guys are coming from winning programs and our returning players have gotten a taste of success so IMHO we will be much better next year

Thanks Jonathon, Eric, and yes even Dontell for giving it your all. You guys played hard these past few years.

Coach, we got a little work to do!

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: karma26 on March 17, 2006, 02:48:14 pm
Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:46:38 pm

That's not coaching. I am not a fan of Heath by any means but hell, free throws? That should be a given.

I fell ya sister. I saw the same game you did....the game was "free" and we didn't pick it up....

Hog1751

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on March 17, 2006, 03:20:09 pm
I don't know about the rest of you guys guys, but I'm just so thrilled that Stan and nutt are back next year that all i can say is "wait till next year!", the new battle cry of the Arkansas Razorbacks basketball and football teams. Our 2 illustrious headcoaches(Stan and dumbass), have taken 2 respected programs and pretty much butt-phucked them to the point that NOBODY is afraid to play Arkansas anymore. From national champion in 1994 to mid-major doormat in just 12 short years!, I can't wait to see what Stan and dipschitt do next year to muck things up! This is getting just like a bad soap opera.

That's funny

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: loanHog on March 17, 2006, 02:58:27 pm
Because I am not cussing ...and wanting Heath Fired, Seniors paraded down main street and saying f.... Arkansas I am Suger Coating what happened. 

Some of us tend not to forget what the seniors have gone through (Re-building) Practices runnning up and down hills, heart-ache after all those close losses during the season. 

I just choose not to Rip them a new one because they are a representative of my beloved Home State and they played their hearts out.  I thank them for their effort that all. 

I stated a FACT,that they let this entire state down and that is the plain simple fact!!

I absolutley hated to watch them lose,but still I am proud of what this team accomplished down the stretch this season. So that "FACT" is just your opinion and should be represented as such.

I choose to agree with both of you. We didn't win and that stinks. We did close strong and that doesn't. Beat NIT or going home.

Thanks for the effort hogs. We choose to luv ya and that sometimes means heartbreak too.

qakhed

Something else that they accomplished. For 2-3 weeks we, the fans , were in "hog heaven". They gave us some some great moments, ie. Florida, Tennesee, and Alabama.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Hog1751

Im proud of thier effort, and I think that 5 years from now we will look back on these seniors as the ones that got the program going back in the right direction. Im tired Im gonna go watch ORU lose to Memphik, which I might say as much as I hate Calprari and Memphia, that Memphis team reminds me alot of our National Championship team. Anyway sorry the seasons over, gave it a good run at the end. Go Hogs beat the Gators.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: qakhed on March 17, 2006, 03:28:14 pm
Something else that they accomplished. For 2-3 weeks we, the fans , were in "hog heaven". They gave us some some great moments, ie. Florida, Tennesee, and Alabama.

I agree. Today sucked, but the last 2-3 weeks we felt like we could beat anyone. Fun times. Over for this year.

secthumper

"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

Heath_will_win

Quote from: nwarazfan on March 17, 2006, 02:50:02 pm
Quote from: artyhog on March 17, 2006, 02:45:50 pm

+1

Actually Heath allowing Bucknell to literally walk the ball up until 6 minutes left in the game was a huge contributing factor on why we lost.  I will not defend Stan today.  He allowed an inferior team with no bench to dictate tempo and the style of game.  He waited 5 - 10 minutes too late to press.  Two of Buck's best FT shooters missed in the last minute.  TIRED LEGS!  We would have won by 5 or 6 if we would have pressed earlier.  With 9 minutes left, 3 Buck players were walking side by side up the court up 7 and we just sat back and waited.  Unexplainable and unacceptable.

You hit the nail on the head.  I just could not, for the life of me, figure out why in the heck we didn't press them the whole game.  Who cares if our shooters got tired.  If they do, just go inside.  We have proven we have an inside game, we just chose not to use it. 

secthumper

Quote from: secthumper on March 17, 2006, 05:11:50 pm

....My opinion is "FACT" whether you can accept it or not is absolutely of no consequence to me one way or another!

....This team stunk it up so badly today that the boo birds were out and very vocal outside the arena, and yeah the majority of them were wearing cardinal and white!

....Pull the damn blinders off for a change and get a life.
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

Razorback88

Kansas lost to them last year.  I guess they're a baseball school, too.

SupaCrawf

Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on March 17, 2006, 05:29:32 pm
Bucknell or Citadel? We are OFFICIALLY a  Baseball and Track school...... That doesn't do it for most fans?
Do you get banned?  If only we could be so lucky...
I'm kind of a big deal.

Tater Salad

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 17, 2006, 05:32:04 pm
Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on March 17, 2006, 05:29:32 pm
Bucknell or Citadel? We are OFFICIALLY a  Baseball and Track school...... That doesn't do it for most fans?
Do you get banned?  If only we could be so lucky...

BigHog396

Quote from: Tmac813 on March 17, 2006, 03:08:53 pm
Something that only 64 teams could accomplish, a trip to the dance!

"Excuse me while I whip this out"  - Sheriff in Blazing Saddles
WOO HOO!  So did Air Force.  That isn't an accomplishment at Arkansas, that should be a given.

Oh, and by the way, it was 65.

BigHog396

Quote from: loanHog on March 17, 2006, 03:15:36 pm
Quote from: BigHog396 on March 17, 2006, 03:05:17 pm
What did they accomplish?

First, they put together a winning streak that was thrilling to watch. One minute Heath is a goner, two weeks later everyone is talking about us vs. Florida in the S.E.C. tournament is the game that will determine the eventual outcome. Selection Sunday, while insufferable to watch with the volume on, actually meant something around here again. Do you mean to tell me that during that span you felt that they were accomplishing nothing? While it may hurt everyone's pride to lose to a school that most Arkansans knew nothing about until they Googled them last Sunday, don't forget that this is a senior lead, fundamentally sound team with tournament experience. Make no mistake I hated to see them lose but that does not take away from the fact that I am a fan of this program and in turn am proud to see them do more this year than in years past.
6 games:  3 wins over SEC cellar-dwellers, 1 over a Florida team without Humphrey (who killed us in the SECT), 1 over an Alabama team without Davis, and 1 over a Tennessee team that had absolutely NO inside game and was probably the most over-rated team in the nation.  Come back down to earth, and look at what we really did.  Did I love winning, YES, but to say it was a great accomplishment is simply not looking at the streak realistically.

Tmac813

O.K. then what the hell would it take for some of u to stop trashing the program?  Any takers.  Questions for u smart guy?  How many teams do u think that watched the game today wish they could've had the experience of the Tournament?  Secondly jeez my peeps it was only one game.  We lost to a team sorely based on their experience on the big stage.  All this sniping about the coach and the players is a book of useless information.  I know everyone is heartbroken, but this to me is progress.  It's allot easier to point out the negatives, but just a short month ago, people had this team dead.  I really honestly don't think it's just coaching.  It's a myriad of things.  One of them is fans with unrealistic expectations.  Give this team some time to really mature and the board will have lots of sunshine.  My suspicion tells me that some of these same naysayers would be bitching after a loss in the National Finals.  Oops my bad that's already happened..

Tmac813

Spoken like a true fan.  Is that all u can come up with?  Newsflash bud, that team was no pushover....

BigHog396

Quote from: Tmac813 on March 17, 2006, 05:49:20 pm
O.K. then what the hell would it take for some of u to stop trashing the program?  Any takers.  Questions for u smart guy?  How many teams do u think that watched the game today wish they could've had the experience of the Tournament?  Secondly jeez my peeps it was only one game.  We lost to a team sorely based on their experience on the big stage.  All this sniping about the coach and the players is a book of useless information.  I know everyone is heartbroken, but this to me is progress.  It's allot easier to point out the negatives, but just a short month ago, people had this team dead.  I really honestly don't think it's just coaching.  It's a myriad of things.  One of them is fans with unrealistic expectations.  Give this team some time to really mature and the board will have lots of sunshine.  My suspicion tells me that some of these same naysayers would be bitching after a loss in the National Finals.  Oops my bad that's already happened..
Quote from: Tmac813 on March 17, 2006, 05:49:20 pm
Getting back where we belong, Top 25 every year, and not taking 10 years to do it.

BigHog396

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 17, 2006, 05:47:35 pm
WE SUCKED today!

Could Not make a Free-throw

Did not play Great D until the last 5 min

Left their shooters open Way too many times for 3s

Did not put pressure on them by pushing the ball up-court

Did not work the High Post enough on offense

R/B was a NON FACTOR the whole 1st 1/2

Yes, WE SUCKED TODAY!

SMITE THIS!
Same story as nearly every other game this season, except the RB part.

Tmac813

March 17, 2006, 06:16:39 pm #186 Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 06:19:08 pm by Tmac813
"You here me talking Hillbilly boy?  I"M about to get medieval on your ass" = Marcellus Wallace Pulp fiction.

I"m not saying we did not suck, channel some that anger toward your head and out of your heart.  We made some perennial bad plays, but don't u think there was a reason why we were only seeded only on up from them?  I think what u are missing is they played a textbook game on how to beat an athletic, deeper team than them.  They slowed the game down to their pace, and took allot of our advantages away...  Even then we came within seconds of beating them.  Stop disrespecting the opponent.  Why are u questioning my commitment as a fan?

Tmac813

We sucked today!  How objective.  Let me just say that I agree with the part you're saying about the press.  We Should have did some of that in the first half, and allot earlier in the second half, but that still does not take away from the fact that Bucknell did allot of things during the game that took away our strengths.  We are not a half court team, and that's what they forced us to be, by holding onto the ball on the offensive end until the final seconds of the shot clock.  Their shooters were open, because they made our guys play defense almost the entire 35 seconds.  Look I'm just as pissed as u are about this loss, but I don't think u can just attribute it to the Razorbacks sucking.  They had allot to do with it...

Zen_Hog

O god we suck. I had text messaging updates, and when he text messaged me with 50 seconds left, and like 5 minutes later he didn't text message me again, I knew we lost.