Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for the Bielema Darksiders

Started by Superham, December 05, 2012, 01:13:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Superham

For those that are not thrilled with this hire, I am curious to know if you live in state or not.  Personally I like the hire but I live in Texas and all the people I have talked to here seem to think we outdid ourselves.  After reading some of the things here it got me to wondering if there is a difference in the media coverage in state versus the rest of the country.

jkelly107

I live in State. While I don't think it is a bad hire it was not who I would have chosen. 
1. I like to watch the spread or hunh and feel this is the way a school such as Arkansas can compete against schools with more in state talent.
2. I'm concerned with his ability to recruit this region.
3. I have no idea if he would stay here if successful.
Those are my main concerns and I felt like Malzahn or Davis were better fits. 

denimchicken

Quote from: Superham on December 05, 2012, 01:13:52 pm
For those that are not thrilled with this hire, I am curious to know if you live in state or not.  Personally I like the hire but I live in Texas and all the people I have talked to here seem to think we outdid ourselves.  After reading some of the things here it got me to wondering if there is a difference in the media coverage in state versus the rest of the country.
Everyone I've talked to here in NWA seem pretty exited about BB with a couple exceptions but they are more "wait and see" and arent totally against the hire. It should be noted that the "wait and see" folks were the same way when we hired Petrino.

Hogville on the other hand......
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

RebelliousHog

I think the in state media is probably ok with the hire. What you read on here are  Petrino lovers who want a high-flying offense that can't beat Bama, only marginally beats teams like  Ole Miss and Vandy, and gets the occasional win over LSU. Don't go by what you read here. For that matter don't go by the media. Go by results on the field. If he installs a hard-nosed defense that HURTS people, a dominating O-line that shoves people all over the field , and wins games, I could care less how we do it.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci