Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Collins Answers What Could Be Final Call At Home

Started by Mike Irwin, November 29, 2015, 06:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Bret Bielema said he noticed that junior running back Alex Collins was somewhat emotional watching Seniors Day ceremonies before Friday's Missouri game, the last of the regular season for the Razorbacks.

"I think he really felt the vibe of, this could be his last game (at home)," Bielema said afterward. "If it is, it is. We'll wish him the best but there will be conversations between now and then."

Collins wasn't ready to tip his hand as to his future plans. He explained his emotional reaction to watching Arkansas' seniors being honored this way: "They don't have another opportunity. I could always come back and play again and have more opportunities here in the stadium but that was their last time and they'll never be able to play here again."
---------------
To read more:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/collins-answers-what-could-be-final-call-at-home

flagstaffhog

I hope AC comes back for 1 more year and does what is needed to graduate. However, I certainly understand if he decides to go pro....

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

Dropkick

If AC comes back they may end up retiring his jersey.....................

RockyMtnHog

We said a few years ago that DMAC was the best running back to ever wear the uniform.  If AC comes back and has another 1300-1400 yard season, he could rewrite DMAC's records.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

PorkRinds

Nashville Fan

RBs only have so many hits to the head. All should leave after year three, if the are going pro.
Pittman or Bust!

Steef

Everyone would love for him to stay.

But if the NFL wants him, he needs to go. For his sake.

Thank you, Buddha.

DeltaBoy

I am praying the the Glut of RB coming out he stays.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jek Tono Porkins

I seem to remember somewhere where CBB said that in most cases, if a guy is going to be a 1st or 2nd rounder, BB will help them prepare for the draft. If they're lower than that he advises them to stay, get their degree, and increase their draft stock.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

LRHawg

Greatful he came to Arkansas. I hope that other kids looking at coming to AR will look at his success and want to follow suit.

hoglady

He's a kid who really, really wanted to come here.
We should always appreciate that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig In The City

At this point if he grades out and he will, he should go to the NFL. He has to think of himself at this point and time. 

Cave City Joe

I think Budda is a GREAT Hog!  But as Nashville Hog said, you only get so many head knocks.  If he can make millions he needs to go.  I truly believe he will come back to Arkansas to live after his NFL career, he really seems to love Arkansas.  I always liked how he hands the ball to the ref after a run.  Don't know if he could top DMac but he is a all time top 5.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

code red

He is ready.... it would be selfish to think he shoild come back.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

threeNout

He's as NFL ready as he'll ever be, and my amateur analysis tells me he will be really a good pro, he will get a high grade and be taken no later than the 3rd round, great career ahead of him. you can just sense it with him.

pigture perfect

Quote from: hogz11 on November 29, 2015, 09:39:35 pm
This.

DMAC is one of those untouchables for most Hog fans. Especially being a home state guy. But if AC comes back he could reach that stratosphere depending on the season he has.
AC may rewrite DMac's records, but DMac only played 3 years as well. I could only imagine what Darren would have done as a senior.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Westcoasthog

Alex Collins please come back for your senior year and graduate.  Arkansas needs you.

Earl

I like the way he reacts to an opponent that tries to trash talk him after a tackle. He just pats them on the head and probably says nice hit, that ends that.

PORKULATOR

I'd like to see him come back and work on his fumble issues, but if he leaves, thanks for the memories.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.