Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kickoff countdown: 5 best ‘new’ SEC coordinators (Enos included here)

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 01, 2015, 06:42:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Nice mention of Enos here.

#4. Dan Enos, OC, Arkansas: Promising more quarterback involvement is one thing, but making it happen in one of the nation's top rushing offenses is another. Since his arrival in January, Enos has praised veteran starter Brandon Allen and wants to run the offense through the senior passer at times this fall. Equipped with college football's only returning 1,000-yard rushers in the same backfield, Enos will try and take the Razorbacks to new heights this fall with awareness through the air as a coach who has produced a 3,000-yard passer four out of the last five seasons.

As for the others:

Hoke, DC at S. Carolina-Shares title of Co-DC with Lorenzo Ward. Who will really be calling the signals for the defense?

Schottenheimer, OC at Georgia- Anything here that they will need to adjust to with a new OC after Bobo's departure to become the new HC at Colorado State? If there is, I suspect the first half of the season will see them relying heavily on their run game while they acclimate.

Chavis, DC at Texas A&M- He should have talent on hand to work with but even so, it may take one-third to one-half of the season for them to truly acclimate to a new philosophy and scheme, just as we experienced last year. Still, does Chavis have the kind of players that he wants to execute his scheme? 15 of their two-deep on defense return, 2 DT's, 3 DE's, 5 LB's, 3 CB's, 2 Safeties.

Will Muschamp, DC at Auburn- I think that nearly the same situation/premise exists here as at A&M. 14 returning from last years two-deep on defense, 1 DT, 3 DE's, 5 LB's, 2 CB's and 3 Safeties.

So how do they fare? Especially Chavis and Muschamp with what they have to work with, and since we will be playing them?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/kickoff-countdown-5-best-new-sec-coordinators/
Go Hogs Go!