Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida has 23 five-star and four-star commits. We

Started by TulsaHawg, January 26, 2006, 08:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 26, 2006, 02:20:04 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on January 26, 2006, 02:14:14 pm
It all depends in the system they play in...................A three star might kick arse in Gus's system and get drafted, where a 5 star might not do well and tank............I still think I heard on the radio the other day that McFadden was a three star..........

October 5, 2004 at 10:47am ET

Darren McFadden Profile

Darren McFadden, of Oak Grove High School in Little Rock, is one top running backs in the country and ranked as the eighth best running back by TheInsiders. In the early spring, McFadden made a commitment to Arkansas. McFadden is still committed to the Razorbacks, but will visit two other schools.

"I am going to take visits to Arkansas, Alabama, and Tennessee. I am still firmly committed to Arkansas and I don't think I will change my commitment," said McFadden.

The five star running back does have a few reasons for making his visits...

Insert Florida into the place of Arkansas, and you have Damien Williams view on things...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogsanity

Gus will use the talent he has in the best way he can.  IE McFadden and Jones will be a HUGE PART of the offense.  I still thenk between them they have to have 30+ touches a game.  Now that could be screens, draws, I think we will see Felix in the slot some with motion out of the backfield.  THese guys are to dangerous not to give it to them alot. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2006, 02:28:07 pm
Gus will use the talent he has in the best way he can. IE McFadden and Jones will be a HUGE PART of the offense. I still thenk between them they have to have 30+ touches a game. Now that could be screens, draws, I think we will see Felix in the slot some with motion out of the backfield. THese guys are to dangerous not to give it to them alot.

Sounds like Nutt's offense minus the screens.......

brooks74

Florida can go within an hour of their campus and recruite 25 4 and 5 star recruits.  We can't.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: brooks74 on January 26, 2006, 02:39:45 pm
Florida can go within an hour of their campus and recruite 25 4 and 5 star recruits. We can't.

That is true.  Yet they are traveling to within an hour of OUR campus to get one.

Biggus Piggus

Know what I don't get?  Over the years we have SUPPOSEDLY lost highly rated recruits because they were afraid of competing against somebody, either somebody we were going to sign or somebody on our roster.

How can a school sign 23, or more than SIX PERCENT of all the top prospects in the land, in a single season?  Aren't THEY afraid of competition?  Why not?

Whatever goes for us never seems to apply to anybody else.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 26, 2006, 02:31:11 pm
Gus will use the talent he has in the best way he can. IE McFadden and Jones will be a HUGE PART of the offense. I still thenk between them they have to have 30+ touches a game. Now that could be screens, draws, I think we will see Felix in the slot some with motion out of the backfield. THese guys are to dangerous not to give it to them alot.

Well what  is he supposed to do, not utilize his best weapons?  Geesh, if DM did what he did last year, only plying in 10 games ( well he had one carry against vandy ) when the other teams were stacked to stop him, what will he do this year if the d is spread out just a little? 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 26, 2006, 02:44:22 pm
Know what I don't get? Over the years we have SUPPOSEDLY lost highly rated recruits because they were afraid of competing against somebody, either somebody we were going to sign or somebody on our roster.

How can a school sign 23, or more than SIX PERCENT of all the top prospects in the land, in a single season? Aren't THEY afraid of competition? Why not?

ALot of it has to do with who they were competeing against.  For example, when Mj was here, after the 01 season, was any qb worth a darn going to come here, KNOWING full well that MJ was going to be the QB come hell or high water.  Of course not.  Same may be a problem recruiting a RB the next couple of years, barring injury it is going to be DM and Felix.

Plus, when a recruit says or we are told they say one thing or another, why they did not go here or there, do we ever hear the real reason? 

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2006, 02:45:19 pm

Well what is he supposed to do, not utilize his best weapons? Geesh, if DM did what he did last year, only plying in 10 games ( well he had one carry against vandy ) when the other teams were stacked to stop him, what will he do this year if the d is spread out just a little?

Just the way you said it...sounded like Nutt's offense minus the screens...... sending Jones outta the backfield every now and then won't spread no field...... Need to send WRs on 2 deep routs, and mix in some across the middle with 3 and 4 wide...... Throw deep more than once every 4 games..... That will spread your field......

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 26, 2006, 02:52:34 pm

Well what is he supposed to do, not utilize his best weapons? Geesh, if DM did what he did last year, only plying in 10 games ( well he had one carry against vandy ) when the other teams were stacked to stop him, what will he do this year if the d is spread out just a little?

Just the way you said it...sounded like Nutt's offense minus the screens...... sending Jones outta the backfield every now and then won't spread no field...... Need to send WRs on 2 deep routs, and mix in some across the middle with 3 and 4 wide...... Throw deep more than once every 4 games..... That will spread your field......

I did not mention the WR because I think it is pretty much done that there will be AT LEAST 3 wide on 95% of the plays.  My mention of Felix in the slot would be to move him out into a set that has 2 wr and a slo already, then FJ would fill the other slot, most likely getting him on a LB or SS. 

We may run a ton, but the days of the 2 TE 1 WR set are done I would think.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2006, 02:48:47 pm
Know what I don't get? Over the years we have SUPPOSEDLY lost highly rated recruits because they were afraid of competing against somebody, either somebody we were going to sign or somebody on our roster.

How can a school sign 23, or more than SIX PERCENT of all the top prospects in the land, in a single season? Aren't THEY afraid of competition? Why not?

ALot of it has to do with who they were competeing against. For example, when Mj was here, after the 01 season, was any qb worth a darn going to come here, KNOWING full well that MJ was going to be the QB come hell or high water. Of course not. Same may be a problem recruiting a RB the next couple of years, barring injury it is going to be DM and Felix.

Plus, when a recruit says or we are told they say one thing or another, why they did not go here or there, do we ever hear the real reason?

You gave conflicting answers.  The second one was correct.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

I think they could both be right.  Just like next year, what are our chances of landing another top flight QB?  Not very good, especially if MM RS this year. 

Hog Belly

Those "*" don't mean anything if they can't "put it on the field". Keep in mind, that is a rough estimating tool. Granted, it looks better to have more stars, you cannot measure heart and devotion and correct me if I'm wrong, but when they label these kids as 4 or 5 star players, do they consider academics?

My point being, a 5 star player is not worth beans if he flunks out of school after his sophmore year.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2006, 03:03:41 pm
I think they could both be right. Just like next year, what are our chances of landing another top flight QB? Not very good, especially if MM RS this year.

That's OUR chances.  Not FLORIDA's chances.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hog Belly on January 26, 2006, 03:07:52 pm
Those "*" don't mean anything if they can't "put it on the field". Keep in mind, that is a rough estimating tool. Granted, it looks better to have more stars, you cannot measure heart and devotion and correct me if I'm wrong, but when they label these kids as 4 or 5 star players, do they consider academics?

They make sure all the 4 and 5 star players have no heart and devotion and will flunk out early, so's our 1- and 2-stars will end up being superior.
[CENSORED]!

JackJohnson

Know what I don't get?  Over the years we have SUPPOSEDLY lost highly rated recruits because they were afraid of competing against somebody, either somebody we were going to sign or somebody on our roster.

How can a school sign 23, or more than SIX PERCENT of all the top prospects in the land, in a single season?  Aren't THEY afraid of competition?  Why not?

here is some other examples to think about...

How can Tenn sign Parade AA Johnathon Crompton the year after getting Shaeffer and Ainge, redshirt him, then sign Nick Stephens again this year OR
Them signing Ced Houston, Jabari Davis and Derrick Tinsley then the following year sign Gerald Riggs

just because HDN can't do it, doesn't make it so.  There is NO REASON we shouldn't be able to sign a Mallett next year, OR a Chris Brown THIS year.  Bet Butch Davis could do it, too bad we will NEVER get a chance to test any of these theories so long as HDN and Jim Lindsey are alive...

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2006, 02:56:55 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 26, 2006, 02:52:34 pm

I did not mention the WR because I think it is pretty much done that there will be AT LEAST 3 wide on 95% of the plays. My mention of Felix in the slot would be to move him out into a set that has 2 wr and a slo already, then FJ would fill the other slot, most likely getting him on a LB or SS.

We may run a ton, but the days of the 2 TE 1 WR set are done I would think.

I would have to agree with you sir...

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 26, 2006, 03:22:17 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on January 26, 2006, 03:03:41 pm
I think they could both be right. Just like next year, what are our chances of landing another top flight QB? Not very good, especially if MM RS this year.

That's OUR chances. Not FLORIDA's chances.

Agreed....... Also, some football programs crank out the QBs, and backups end up getting drafted......Leinart's backup got drafted last year or year before, right?