Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are our Plan Bs?

Started by GalaHawg, August 17, 2007, 03:09:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

after losing Henderson to AU - who is our new primary target at DE position?

I assume Greg Brown is the primary target at CB and Kip Edwards is the back up plan??

McGee and Gillespie are the primary targets at DT - who is plan B?

I also figured they're waiting on Jeff Little's senior year performance to see how they will move in the linebacker position. Who is the other alternative if Little's knee does not perform?

A good Athlete is always nice to have - Kye Staley would add up nicely to this class - but I recently watched Marcus Jemison's clip and I'm impressed - and Jemison has a bigger frame to fill in case Herring likes to have him at OLB.

WizardofhOgZ

I don't mean to get into a semantics argument, but I'd say it's much, much too early to be talking about "plan B" at this juncture. 

I think you're asking who is the current focus of our recruiting attention since some of the folks we were publically interested in are apparently headed elsewhere.  But in the lexicon of college football recruiting, a "plan B" or "plan C" recruit means the guys is on a completely different level and represents somewhat of a compromise.  I don't think we're there yet.  It appears that we still are after and/or evaluating guys that are or will be on the "Plan A" list, and with only a handfull of commitments left to fill (assuming we have minimal fallout from among our 20 commitments), it would be a stunningly disappointing development if we had to go below the "A list" this year.