Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emanuel Moody is transferring from USC...

Started by Joe, August 16, 2007, 08:59:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: He was a 4 star RB and ranked the 9th best RB in the class of 2006. He has announced he is transferring from USC. He is originally from Texas, and my question is would Arkansas be a school he would be interested in, TRG?  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

HighonSwine

Why not.  Sit out this year after transferring and then start or share time next year after DMAC and Jones leave.

The_Hill

Its the least USC could do after Arkansas has been so generous to them.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Joe on August 16, 2007, 08:59:08 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: He was a 4 star RB and ranked the 9th best RB in the class of 2006. He has announced he is transferring from USC. He is originally from Texas, and my question is would Arkansas be a school he would be interested in, TRG?  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Dream on.  :(
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Peppa Pig

Junkyard Hog

He is one of the backs that will be on the cover of SI along with two of his teammates.

Luke Duke

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on August 16, 2007, 10:09:05 am
He is one of the backs that will be on the cover of SI along with two of his teammates.

Yeah.  Played a good bit as a freshman.  Originally committed to Texas before decommitting, so he won't be going there.
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

Hawgballz

Quote from: poohpig on August 16, 2007, 09:31:09 am
He's probably going to OK State.

What makes you say that, because I don't even think that he had any interest in OKst when he was being recruited.  After burning his bridges at Texas, I believe Miami was the only other school he took an official visit to (at least that is all I could remember).  I think AtM was in the running at some point and might have a shot.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Here is a story from the USC board about his transfer.  Not much info though.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=702408

aaron_c

If he is a RB, why wouldn't he be interested in AR?  And I wonder if the USC fans are wanting Pete Carroll fired, because man...this kid must not like coach Carroll if he's leaving  :P

COCHISE

It wouldn't surprise me if USC lost a couple more RB's.  They have 9 other highly touted backs on scholarship and all will be sitting behind Joe McKnight.  This is why I never understood why all the nations top ranked RB's would want to go to the same school.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: aaron_c on August 16, 2007, 11:02:25 am
And I wonder if the USC fans are wanting Pete Carroll fired, because man...this kid must not like coach Carroll if he's leaving  :P

At USC, the Emmanuel Moody's of the world are a dime a dozen and leaving is likely about sharing playing time.  At Arkansas, a player of this caliber signs at a rate of 1 or 2 year maybe.  Then they get ran off, injured, go crazy. 

ksrazorback

Here is the U-Tube of Emanuel... ** Caution ** there is running shown against Arkansas!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fig2ZD9XVnY

Would it not be awesome to have this kid and play USC in a BCS Bowl game....... WOW!!

:razorback:  Go Razorback Coaches and give it a try!!   :razorback:   :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Peppa Pig

USC has other RB issues.  Tyler is still recovering from a broken leg he sustained last year and McKnight hurt his kneee yesterday.

I guess that's why you recruit ten 5 star RB's...

cbjagman

I suggested on another thread that this might present a terrific "student exchange" opportunity with USC. After all, we've already sent two of our former players- D. Williams and Mitch- to the Trojans. Seems only fair that they would send us Moody and a player to be named later to the Hill. I think it only proper under the circumstances.

CarolinaHog1176

If he is a RB, why wouldn't he be interested in AR?  And I wonder if the USC fans are wanting Pete Carroll fired, because man...this kid must not like coach Carroll if he's leaving  :P

exactly... kids leaving school must mean the head coach is a lying ass.  I'm thinking that Arkansas would be a good fit for Moody because of Arkansas' offensive tendencies (to run the ball alot) and the timing of it all.  McFadden will definitely be gone after this year and F. Jones might go as well, who knows.  if he transfers to Arkansas and sits out this year, he'll come in as a RS-SO next year and will be in the running against Michael Smith, Torian Wilkins, De'Anthony Curtis, and Devin Thomas.  you know somebody will get moved to DB out of that bunch.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

fourche creek

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on August 16, 2007, 12:22:14 pm
And I wonder if the USC fans are wanting Pete Carroll fired, because man...this kid must not like coach Carroll if he's leaving  :P

At USC, the Emmanuel Moody's of the world are a dime a dozen and leaving is likely about sharing playing time.  At Arkansas, a player of this caliber signs at a rate of 1 or 2 year maybe.  Then they get ran off, injured, go crazy. 

who are you talking about getting run off????   

aaron_c

Quote from: fourche creek on August 16, 2007, 02:52:12 pm
Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on August 16, 2007, 12:22:14 pm

who are you talking about getting run off????  

I think he was talking about players at AR.  And for the record, I was joking about Pete lol.

ntubjr

Dirty

Texman

Keep dreaming guys.  I can't wait for the season to start so you all will have some other issue to occupy your minds.

Amityvillehogger

A guy leaves a school, and everyone automatically thinks he might come here. I promise you, with the latest saga going on, no one wants to jump into this situation.  Why would you leave a school like USC and Pete Carroll to come play for the three ring circus?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Oklahawg

Tulsa TV reported at 6pm that Okie State was in the mix.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LAHOGG

If we had more time we might have a chance.  But he needs to make his mind up within a couple weeks. 

Dirty

Hawgballz

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 16, 2007, 05:41:15 pm
A guy leaves a school, and everyone automatically thinks he might come here. I promise you, with the latest saga going on, no one wants to jump into this situation.  Why would you leave a school like USC and Pete Carroll to come play for the three ring circus?

You really don't see anything about the Arkansas offense that would be attractive to a RB?

aaron_c

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 16, 2007, 05:41:15 pm

Tell that to the 20 commits already planning on coming to the Hill...clearly they aren't too worried about it.  And if there is any one position Arkansas is known for being good at, it's RB.  I don't think he'll come here, but I can't help but hope he does.

Wess Moore

pa head coach kevin kelley told me the news today.  Moody and Brodrick Green were roommates.  Kelley says Moody is going to Oklahoma State.  I would assume that came from Green but you know what happens when you assume.

Wess Moore

by the way, coach kelley says brodrick is doing great.  he's in the running to be the Trojans goal line big back.  They go to that package anytime they're inside the 20.  that could mean a lot of td's for the lr rb.

LAHOGG

Quote from: Wess Moore on August 16, 2007, 09:40:21 pm
by the way, coach kelley says brodrick is doing great.  he's in the running to be the Trojans goal line big back.  They go to that package anytime they're inside the 20.  that could mean a lot of td's for the lr rb.

He hasn't looked good in practice to me so far.  He is getting a lot of attention(riding his arse) from the coaches which I guess is a good sign.  Now, I've only been to two practices since he's been dressing out and one day was without pads, so I may have missed some good days of his.  And he's been up against the best three linebackers in the country so its hard to judge. 

Realist

Green is working with 2nd team right now.  He carried 7 times for 60 yards and a TD.  Booty and Carroll commented on him being a "truck" and hard to tackle

ksrazorback

We need to move if we are interested.....

"If he does leave USC, Oklahoma State could be attractive as it is close to his Coppell, Texas, home, and one of his friends, Allen Oh, is a transfer defensive tackle from Missouri Southern currently playing at Oklahoma State"
"When questioned on the reason for Emmanuel Moody's departure Carroll explained, "He's looking for an opportunity where he might be the only guy at a spot and really be a featured guy."
http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/669166.html

:razorback:  Go Razorbacks     :razorback:     :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Hogstocking

In other Okie State news, apparently William Cole is unhappy in Stoolwater

Realist

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 17, 2007, 01:23:22 pm
Now this is Ark news if true

Hawgballz

Quite frankly, I would want William Cole more than Moody.

scooter479

I wonder if they FOI Pete's phone reocords too since a good player left unhappy about playing time

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 17, 2007, 04:41:05 pm

I don't understand why everyone projected William Cole at corner, when he rarely played the position and was so smooth with the ball in his hands. 

I don't think that Arkansas has a shot at either guy but Moody is much better than William Cole.  William Cole is an undersized player without a true position.  I am not sure you realize how good Emanual Moody is.  He battled a couple of injuries last year but he was just as solid if not the best back USC had last year. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 18, 2007, 02:56:59 am

I don't understand why everyone projected William Cole at corner, when he rarely played the position and was so smooth with the ball in his hands. 

I don't think that Arkansas has a shot at either guy but Moody is much better than William Cole.  William Cole is an undersized player without a true position.  I am not sure you realize how good Emanual Moody is.  He battled a couple of injuries last year but he was just as solid if not the best back USC had last year. 

I realize Moody is a very good player, I just have always liked what I saw in Cole and he would be my personal perference.  If either one of them comes to Arkansas (I seriously doubt it), I would be thrilled.

asuindianman

Quote from: LAHOGG on August 17, 2007, 12:08:04 amHe hasn't looked good in practice to me so far.  He is getting a lot of attention(riding his arse) from the coaches which I guess is a good sign.  Now, I've only been to two practices since he's been dressing out and one day was without pads, so I may have missed some good days of his.  And he's been up against the best three linebackers in the country so its hard to judge.

Green had 7 carries for 60 in USC intersquad scrimmage Thursday.  8.6 YPC, long of 24 with a TD.  Looks like he's doing just fine.

Hogginitall

August 18, 2007, 12:16:45 pm #40 Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:18:48 pm by Hogginitall
Quote from: asuindianman on August 18, 2007, 11:25:54 am
Quote from: LAHOGG on August 17, 2007, 12:08:04 amHe hasn't looked good in practice to me so far.  He is getting a lot of attention(riding his arse) from the coaches which I guess is a good sign.  Now, I've only been to two practices since he's been dressing out and one day was without pads, so I may have missed some good days of his.  And he's been up against the best three linebackers in the country so its hard to judge.

Green had 7 carries for 60 in USC intersquad scrimmage Thursday.  8.6 YPC, long of 24 with a TD.  Looks like he's doing just fine.

And the scrimmage before that he had 8 carries for 14 yards and no TD's.  They're just scrimmages.  I think BG will see the field, and maybe this year, but I think it will only be as a "short-yardage back".  I don't think he'll ever be a TB for them.  If he gets to play a significant role for them in the running game, it will be as a FB.  The numbers from the scrimmage Thursday are pretty good though.

ntubjr

I recieved word this morning that the UA and Moody have been in contact

Hawgballz

Quote from: ntubjr on August 19, 2007, 11:06:24 am

There is hope.

ksrazorback

Hope is good.......

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 19, 2007, 11:46:38 am

There is hope.

Come on down Moody, we can use one more good one!!
Razorbacks:

Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

arklahoman36

I think he's been in contact with just about every school who recruited him before he went to USC.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: My reasoning for bringing this up is this: we are in close proximity to Texas, and we are known for developing RB's, atleast in the recent past. Mody knows that Darren and most likely Felix will be ghost after this season, so why not come in this season. Sit out a year and watch and learn from the best tandem in the country, then step in next year and keep the tandem thing going with D-Curt. The logic is simple, but we all know it is alot more complicated than that. The least the U of A can do is contact him and lt him know that we will do what it takes to get him in a Razorback uni.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

go hogues

Given Ed Orgeron's knack for picking up transfers...especially from the state of California, I wouldnt be surprised if Ole Miss was in the mix too.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hawgballz

In another weird turn of events evidently Jamere Holland (also a 2006 recruit, like Moody) has been dismissed from the USC football team, but will remain on scholarship.  Pete Carroll says he did not break any team rules, but he would not say why the young man was dismissed.  Holland had already used his redshirt so he will lose this year of eligibility while sitting at USC and if he then transfers next year he will lose another year of eligibility.  I believe he will look very quickly to transfer this year, if he ever wants to play college football.  It appears that the young man may not have been willing to "play hurt".

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-uscrep20aug20,1,2924094.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-coll-usc&ctrack=1&cset=true

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=35981

arklahoman36

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 20, 2007, 10:23:07 am
In another weird turn of events evidently Jamere Holland (also a 2006 recruit, like Moody) has been dismissed from the USC football team, but will remain on scholarship.  Pete Carroll says he did not break any team rules, but he would not say why the young man was dismissed.  Holland had already used his redshirt so he will lose this year of eligibility while sitting at USC and if he then transfers next year he will lose another year of eligibility.  I believe he will look very quickly to transfer this year, if he ever wants to play college football.  It appears that the young man may not have been willing to "play hurt".

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-uscrep20aug20,1,2924094.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-coll-usc&ctrack=1&cset=true

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=35981

Or maybe he just wasn't putting the effort into rehab that coaches wanted to see?