Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20 Commits, 3* Avg.

Started by PigWig, August 13, 2007, 11:40:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigWig

Our rankings just keep moving up, the new avg star ranking if you take into consideration the updated rankings is 3.0* with 20 commits for the Hogs.

WPS!

kibster

Quote from: PigWig on August 13, 2007, 11:40:39 am
Our rankings just keep moving up, the new avg star ranking if you take into consideration the updated rankings is 3.0* with 20 commits for the Hogs.

WPS!

I'll take it!
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

HOGINTENNESSEE

Eoff and Basmine Jones should also move up to 3 Stars.

PigWig

August 13, 2007, 11:59:36 am #3 Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:58:20 pm by PigWig
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 13, 2007, 11:58:42 am
This would put us on track for the highest rated Hog class in the Rivals database. (And I agree they should)

geddie

Anyone know when they will update the OL rankings?  Seems like that is the only position left that has not been updated?  Hopefully Eoff and Tatum both go up.

351hog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 13, 2007, 11:58:42 am

i dont think Jones is getting bumped.  they have already evaled the wrs...i think.

Hogstocking

Quote from: geddie on August 13, 2007, 01:12:06 pm
Anyone know when they will update the OL rankings?  Seems like that is the only position left that has not been updated?  Hopefully Eoff and Tatum both go up.

All positions are ranked now.  http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=701280

I cant piss and moan to much cause Arkansas had lots of guys move up in the rankings, but I cant believe Eoff didn't move up to a 3 star.   An article was even written about him moving up in the next rankings.  Oh well. 

Cartoon Man

geddie

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 13, 2007, 02:08:45 pm

All positions are ranked now.  http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=701280

I cant piss and moan to much cause Arkansas had lots of guys move up in the rankings, but I cant believe Eoff didn't move up to a 3 star.   An article was even written about him moving up in the next rankings.  Oh well. 

I was thinking the same thing about Eoff.  I figured Tatum would have moved up from a 4.9 which is the lowest of their ratings.  But I agree, we had at least 5 others move up - so I can't complain much.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: geddie on August 13, 2007, 02:55:55 pm

I cant piss and moan to much cause Arkansas had lots of guys move up in the rankings, but I cant believe Eoff didn't move up to a 3 star.   An article was even written about him moving up in the next rankings.  Oh well. 

I was thinking the same thing about Eoff.  I figured Tatum would have moved up from a 4.9 which is the lowest of their ratings.  But I agree, we had at least 5 others move up - so I can't complain much.

It's odd with our OL because no one has changed ranking.  I've looked at all three of our OL commits, Matt Hall is still the #26 OT, Eoff is still considered NR at 5.4, and Tatum is still at 4.9, all where they were before.  Either they haven't updated the OL or our guys didn't budge a millimeter.

Urgh

TMc

I think I read they have not rated the OL and DL just yet.., I think Tatum got a 2 star just because he committed to a major school.., I think they do that.  Could be wrong .., but I did read that on the Rivals board.

gohawgsgo

I hope we can finish strong.  If we do this could be the best class in recent history.

Wu Tang Clan

They have not got the OL done yet, and I would not be surprised to see Austin Eoff get the highest ranking for a 3 star player.  I don't see Basmine Jones making a move until they see film on him. 

1longshot

any chance they rate him (jones) as a linebacker?

Hogstocking

August 13, 2007, 11:27:27 pm #15 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:22:53 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 13, 2007, 10:24:54 pm

They have not got the OL done yet, and I would not be surprised to see Austin Eoff get the highest ranking for a 3 star player.  I don't see Basmine Jones making a move until they see film on him. 

I thought it seemed odd after that article about the southeast sleepers came out, and he remained a 2 star http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=696043

I was going by this http://rivals100.rivals.com/ranking.asp?SID=880&Year=2008&Sport=1&ListType=3 ; According to the date it was updated yesterday.    And the link I posted in my orginal reply made it seem as if all rankings were complete.

FBPLAYER65

We need 3-4 more four stars to even make the top 25. Same class as other years.

Hogstocking

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 14, 2007, 08:51:44 am
We need 3-4 more four stars to even make the top 25. Same class as other years.

Teams that finish @ #25 average around 1200 points. It's not all about 4 stars.

There's a reason why Arkansas is ahead of Texas A&M right now, even though they have one more 4 star, a higher star average and the same number of commits.

Hogstocking

OL rankings were complete at the time of these posts.   Eoff will remain 2 star, atleast until the next re-evaluations.