Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winson Guy 4 star

Started by kibster, August 13, 2007, 10:47:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kibster

Winston guy just got moved up to a 4 star and Thomas Shuler a 3 star.  This according to rivals.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

kibster

Marcal Robinson and Ugo Okpara are also close to 4 star rating.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Luke Duke

Justin Smith also went from a 2 to a 3.  Hopefully Eoff will as well, with Basmine Jones also a possibility.
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

piggingout

Winston Guy looks like a stud, I really was excited when we got him.  Nice to see him getting some recognition.

aaron_c

Great news, and I fully expect more to move up...this is the result of our coaching staff being able to pick the good players without looking at stars.

PigWig

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1883&Year=2008

According to this, Guy should now be the top prospect in KY (Guy-5.8 vs. Aaron Boyd-5.7).

As a sidenote, Boyd also lists interest in the Hogs.

PigPusher

Devin Thomas and Cruz Williams are also .1 of a point away from the 4 star status.  Good class.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Hogstocking

Good for Guy.  He tore up the West Lafayette Nike Camp (he won MVP of the defensive backs) and I'd bet a dollar that's why his stock shot up so much beause several national analysts were there. 

COCHISE

August 13, 2007, 01:07:23 pm #8 Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:53:06 pm by 870 RZR
I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Rivals this morning, first I saw DMAC on the front page, we now have 4 4* prospects with Winston getting bumped up, they have us ranked 2nd in the SECW behind LSU, DMAC and Felix are listed the #1 and #2 backs in the SEC, and Luigs, Cleveland, and Monk are all in the top 5 in their positions.  Also we're currently ranked 14th in recruiting but they haven't figured in Guys jump to 4* ranking so that should also improve AND we have 4 players on the Rivals first team All SEC team (DMAC, Felix, Felton, Luigs) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

PigPusher

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 13, 2007, 01:07:23 pm
I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Rivals this morning, first I saw DMAC on the front page, we now have 4 4* prospects with Winston getting bumped up, they have us ranked 2nd in the SECW behind LSU, DMAC and Felix are listed the #1 and #2 backs in the SEC, and Luigs, Cleveland, and Monk are all in the top 5 in their positions.  Also we're currently ranked 14th in recruiting but they haven't figured in Guys jump to 4* ranking so that should also improve AND we have 4 players on the Rivals first team All SEC team (DMAC, Felix, Felton, Luigs) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

That is impressive in any book.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

FBPLAYER65

Yeah because our coaches have such a proven track record. Let's wait until they do something on the field first.