Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Youngblood

Started by Razorhog2006q, August 12, 2007, 05:00:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorhog2006q

Youngblood has been bumped down to a 5.6(was 5.7) 3 star and is now the #18(was #5) dual threat QB in the country.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=60435

kibster

August 12, 2007, 05:01:50 pm #1 Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 05:05:03 pm by kibster
Yeah I was coming here to post the same thing.   I wonder why he dropped and people where thinking he might move up to a 4 star?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Hogstocking

Surprising to say the least.

Some more changes of note.  Rivals has updated position rankings on QBs, RBs and WRs.  OL, defense, athletes and kickers still aren't done yet.

Cruz Williams made a big jump.  now a 5.7 3 star and the #59 rated WR.  He's still underrated IMO, but considering there are 44 four star WRs and he's sittin at 59, that's pretty good.  Or atleast better than is old ranking

Curtis as mentioned before is the highest rated 5.9 RB in the country, and is now ranked the #8 RB nationally.

Shuler is now listed as the #5 FB and a 5.5 3 star

Wright has passed Joe Adams in the rankings.  Wright #23 WR nationally (and the 2nd highest rated 5.8 4 star) and Joe Adams fell from #19 to #27

Devin Thomas and Greg Childs had basically no movement.  As with Shuler, also expect Eoff and Justin Smith to be "upgraded" to 3 stars. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: kibster on August 12, 2007, 05:01:50 pm
Yeah I was coming here to post the same thing.   I wonder why he dropped and people where thinking he might move up to a 4 star?

The only things that I could think of was that he did not participate in a large number of football summer camps like a lot of the top QB recruits do and his baseball draft status has risen over the spring & summer (from what I am told he had a very good year in baseball), although if anything I believe he is more committed to playing college football than ever.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 12, 2007, 05:10:01 pm
Surprising to say the least.

Some more changes of note.  Rivals has updated position rankings on QBs, RBs and WRs.  OL, defense, athletes and kickers still aren't done yet.

Cruz Williams made a big jump.  now a 5.7 3 star and the #59 rated WR.  He's still underrated IMO, but considering there are 44 four star WRs and he's sittin at 59, that's pretty good.  Or atleast better than is old ranking

Curtis as mentioned before is the highest rated 5.9 RB in the country, and is now ranked the #8 RB nationally.

Shuler is now listed as the #5 FB and a 5.5 3 star

Wright has passed Joe Adams in the rankings.  Wright #23 WR nationally (and the 2nd highest rated 5.8 4 star) and Joe Adams fell from #19 to #27

Devin Thomas and Greg Childs had basically no movement.  As with Shuler, also expect Eoff and Justin Smith to be "upgraded" to 3 stars. 

I believe you are correct on Eoff & Smith due to the fact that there have been several national Rivals articles playing them up.

The_Hill

How could Youngblood be moved from #5 to #18 before his senior season even starts? Was he that bad in the camps or were other Qb's just that much better?
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

darealdeal

i'm wonderin' the same thing myself

Cartoon Man

I don't put much into all the star hype and ratings. We have had players that nobody else picked up ,that turned out great.

im_a_hog_nomatter

does Pick stay at #10 duel qb or did he drop to

Realist

I believe its because Youngblood didn't do camps like some

Hawgballz

Quote from: The_Hill on August 12, 2007, 06:38:17 pm
How could Youngblood be moved from #5 to #18 before his senior season even starts? Was he that bad in the camps or were other Qb's just that much better?

He didn't really participate in any camps or QB competitions this summer.

Hawgballz

Quote from: im_a_hog_nomatter on August 12, 2007, 09:20:33 pm
does Pick stay at #10 duel qb or did he drop to

Pick stayed at #10

jrodell

Youngblood went to the Peyton Manning camp and the HDN Camp.

Realist

speaking of Nike combines

Hawgballz

Quote from: jrodell on August 12, 2007, 11:00:15 pm
Youngblood went to the Peyton Manning camp and the HDN Camp.

You must be talking about the early HDN camp because he did not attend the Seniors Only camp where most of the evaluation of this year's high school seniors is done.  Most top senior QB recruits do 3-4 camps & 2-3 7on7 tourneys.  Also I believe the Peyton Manning camp is mainly a learning camp and not a college evaluation camp (I believe it is mainly stocked with NFL assistants & not college coaches/evaluators).  I do not know why Youngblood dropped in the rankings, but I believe it could have something to do with him not participating in a lot of football activities this summer.

Hogstocking

Justin Smith is now a 3 star (5.5) rated the #46 strong side defensive end in the country.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=58949

jpenrod1

what is the reason for youngblood not doing many football camps? that concerns me more than his rating dropping.

jj202020

you pick UA as a QB and your ratings almost have to drop.  Look what HDN has done to highly recruited QB's in the past.  To rate a QB high that will attend UA would have Rivals looking like fools.

PigPusher

August 13, 2007, 12:13:42 pm #18 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:22:28 am by PigPusher
Quote from: jpenrod1 on August 13, 2007, 09:57:08 am
what is the reason for youngblood not doing many football camps? that concerns me more than his rating dropping.

From his own words it was a chance for him to pick up points and instructions from the top active pro Quarterbacks in the nation.  He says he is really glad he went as it was very beneficial.  Having Peyton Manning standing right in front of you and talking to you about your delivery was an outstanding experience. He further has said that he feels he is a better QB now that he went and he has some really good stuff to work on. 
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

FBPLAYER65

Youngblood dropping isn't a surprise. He didn't perform well at the HDN camp and his videos aren't very impressive.

pignation

did anybody on here see him at HDN's camp?  just curious if anyone saw him close up.

PigPusher

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 13, 2007, 03:40:02 pm
Youngblood dropping isn't a surprise. He didn't perform well at the HDN camp and his videos aren't very impressive.

Considering the number of high school Qb's that come forth each year Youngblood being number 5 or even number 18 must say something about his playing ability.  Not very impressive?  Give me a break.  That comment was totally unnecessary.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Hawgballz

Quote from: PigPusher on August 13, 2007, 05:49:29 pm

Considering the number of high school Qb's that come forth each year Youngblood being number 5 or even number 18 must say something about his playing ability.  Not very impressive?  Give me a break.  That comment was totally unnecessary.

You must not have read much of FBPLAYER65's posts before.

PigPusher

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 13, 2007, 05:51:07 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on August 13, 2007, 05:49:29 pm

You must not have read much of FBPLAYER65's posts before.

Perhaps not as I do scan posts some.   What is your point?

FBPLAYER65

Just look at the videos. Pick is way more impressive. Pick also outperformed Youngblood at the camp.

perfectgame

one big reason to go to camp is to be seen, he's made up his mind where he's going no need to spend the money. i've done the same this year with my son not going to but just one camp just because it was an honor to be invited, he's made his mind up where he's going no need to spend. this is just mho

Hawgballz

Quote from: perfectgame on August 13, 2007, 07:40:39 pm
one big reason to go to camp is to be seen, he's made up his mind where he's going no need to spend the money. i've done the same this year with my son not going to but just one camp just because it was an honor to be invited, he's made his mind up where he's going no need to spend. this is just mho

Exactly

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 13, 2007, 06:43:06 pm
Just look at the videos. Pick is way more impressive. Pick also outperformed Youngblood at the camp.

They have never been in camp at the same time.  I have actually seen Youngblood play in person adn he has a very strong arm and can run between the tackles.  However, he still needs work on his mechanics and throwing motion.  He has a lot of potential and his upside is extremely high. 

Realist

That is why Youngblood was ranked so high, potential. 

pignation

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 13, 2007, 11:25:17 pm
Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 13, 2007, 06:43:06 pm

They have never been in camp at the same time.  I have actually seen Youngblood play in person adn he has a very strong arm and can run between the tackles.  However, he still needs work on his mechanics and throwing motion.  He has a lot of potential and his upside is extremely high. 
fb65, were you there at the camp and felt like he did better?  was there another camp that they were both at that you felt like pick was better?  just curious

PigPusher

The very positive thing about Youngblood is he has a real bad case of "Want to."

Eric Cartman

pick and youngblood have some very impressive videos. if pick was playing on a bigger team he would be a 4* guy.

Youngblood on video seems to be alittle faster than Pick, and has alittle bit of a stronger arm.

I invision Arkansas going to a Shotgun Spread offense with these QB's (including Nathan Dick) and utilize our speed backs out of the shotgun with Sweeps and Draws. With Michael Smith, Curtis, Thomas, and Jarious Wright out wide, we could have a dangerous offense in 2008 and beyond.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

ckhawgu

The insanity of it all! The season hasn't even started yet and they are bumping numbers up and down...

FBPLAYER65

Who is Eric Cartman and why is he stupid enough to believe we will go to a spread offense?

COCHISE

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 15, 2007, 03:32:37 pm
Who is Eric Cartman and why is he stupid enough to believe we will go to a spread offense?
Maybe he believes we'll have a new HC by then.

xsilverchair14x

Save the bashing for the MMQB guys. Why not go to the spread even to run the ball. You can still spread the guys out and still run the ball or you can line it up and pound it with Shuler, DJ Williams, Curtis, and have wright like a Percy Harvin from Florida. Seems like he has a good point. No need to bash him.

bigguy551122

all i know is that youngblood finished last place in the sonic qb1 challange last year , not saying he isnt good but he wasnt worthy of the number 5 ranking he had
perfection is all i expect.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 15, 2007, 03:32:37 pm

i didnt say we would run a HUNH or a Texas Tech style spread, i said we would run a shotgun spread. A spread the can utilize our speed backs and our mobile QB, alot like the spread Florida or WV runs.

stupid? im not even going to start.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

FBPLAYER65

We will never run the spread with Nutt as the coach. Why kid yourself? Arkansas runs the tango offense. 1 2 3 kick. 1 2 3 kick.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 15, 2007, 05:34:39 pm
We will never run the spread with Nutt as the coach. Why kid yourself? Arkansas runs the tango offense. 1 2 3 kick. 1 2 3 kick.
:D

cardfan33

Quote from: bigguy551122 on August 15, 2007, 04:41:02 pm
all i know is that youngblood finished last place in the sonic qb1 challange last year , not saying he isnt good but he wasnt worthy of the number 5 ranking he had
yes he did,but he was the only junior there