Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarence Trent's plunge into mediocrity

Started by batmanfan, August 10, 2007, 12:45:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Whats happened to this guy?  Was thought to be a top 50 recruit only months ago has gone down big time.  Rivals doesnt even have him in the top 150 and scout has him as a two star prospect.

What gives on Mr.Trent?

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

cardinalhawg

I have noticed his ranking continually going downward as well.  Our own committment, Joyner, has also fell out of the top 50, and I believe that Henry's ranking dropped some too.  Maybe the Hogs recruitment of these guys has caused their ranking to drop, LOL.

Razorod

Scout is reporting that Trent has been reclassified to the 2009 class. Maybe this plays into his rankings drop some.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

kibster

Quote from: Razorod on August 10, 2007, 02:19:55 pm
Scout is reporting that Trent has been reclassified to the 2009 class. Maybe this plays into his rankings drop some.

I am fine with him not going until 2009,  we can use the resources somewhere else.   I noticed that Rivals shows Stan Simpson on the Arkansas frontpage,  hopefully he will commit to us after his visit.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

cardinalhawg

Quote from: kibster on August 10, 2007, 02:22:35 pm

I am fine with him not going until 2009,  we can use the resources somewhere else.   I noticed that Rivals shows Stan Simpson on the Arkansas frontpage,  hopefully he will commit to us after his visit.

As far as Simpson, his ranking in the top 150 took a nose dive as well.  He was up in the 80s range as far as ranking, and he is no longer in the top 150.  This, of course, does not mean that these guys should not be recruiting and that they are not good players, but just for ranking sake, our recruits seem to be dropping in ranking.

kibster

Quote from: cardinalhawg on August 10, 2007, 02:56:15 pm
Quote from: kibster on August 10, 2007, 02:22:35 pm

I am fine with him not going until 2009,  we can use the resources somewhere else.   I noticed that Rivals shows Stan Simpson on the Arkansas frontpage,  hopefully he will commit to us after his visit.

As far as Simpson, his ranking in the top 150 took a nose dive as well.  He was up in the 80s range as far as ranking, and he is no longer in the top 150.  This, of course, does not mean that these guys should not be recruiting and that they are not good players, but just for ranking sake, our recruits seem to be dropping in ranking.

Yeah I thought Simpson was higher rated than he is now.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

slopinhogs

don't they quit rating them once they commit? that may be why they are falling also. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

HawgG

Trent just has been disappointing this summer in AAU play which is why his ranking has taken a nose dive.

So much of what scouts think about a player comes from AAU ball where they get to see how this player matches up with that player, and how he responds to playing with guys just as or more talented then him.

I've liked Trent a lot since he first came on the radar and I have been shocked to notice how unproductive he has been this summer.

mbgrulz

CT seems to me like he is a little small to play PF and a little slow to play SF. today's PF's are usually 6-9-ish, and the SF's are the quick rangy types. i would be thrilled to get CT, don't get me wrong, but  i really see him as being exactly like another CT that we already have.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: mbgrulz on August 12, 2007, 11:29:59 am
CT seems to me like he is a little small to play PF and a little slow to play SF. today's PF's are usually 6-9-ish, and the SF's are the quick rangy types. i would be thrilled to get CT, don't get me wrong, but  i really see him as being exactly like another CT that we already have.

I would take another CT like the one we have.  Isn't the heading on this thread a little negative?  Mediocrity, does the kid deserve this?  I don't think the poster meant it that way maybe was referring to his ranking, but still kinda downer.

mbgrulz

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 13, 2007, 05:16:02 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on August 12, 2007, 11:29:59 am

I would take another CT like the one we have.  Isn't the heading on this thread a little negative?  Mediocrity, does the kid deserve this?  I don't think the poster meant it that way maybe was referring to his ranking, but still kinda downer.
i'd take another CT. he has a lot of heart and he seems to be a team player. in terms of match up problems for other teams, however, i think chuck leaves a lot to be desired.