Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With 20 Commits...

Started by PorkSoda, August 09, 2007, 06:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

With 20 Commits, what position do we go after with the remaining Schollies?

So Far we have

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
3 Oline
2 DT
1 LB
1 Saftey
3 CB

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: PowderHawg on August 09, 2007, 06:32:59 pm

So Far we have

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
3 Oline
2 DT
1 LB
1 Saftey
3 CB

I think it's a no brainer that it'll be defense.... or if there's a kickass OL who wants to commit, I doubt they'd say no.  I'd say impact DL and DB's are a must for our remaining spots
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The American Dream

More lineman, secondary, and probably 1more wide reciever or Athlete

aaron_c

I'd say what we need most is one more WR/CB, because CB seems to possibly be our weakest position (other than qb maybe, but we have 2 already).

Hawgballz

So Far we have

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
3 Oline
2 DT
1 LB
1 Saftey
3 CB

Here is the way I see our current commits stacking up.

2 QB
3 RB
4 WR
3 Oline
2 DT
1 LB
2 Saftey
3 CB

As far as what we still need, I would say at least 2 more DLs (slanted more toward DEs), 1 LB (need a stud) and then we will take the best available recruits regardless of position.  In other words, you recruit the top prospects (that you have a shot at) regardless of position and with another good year on the field 4* & 5*s are a possibility.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Oklahawg

Without having seen this team play one play...anyone else willing to slot a punter in this class? Skinner was an asset last year. Who knows what we get this year from walk-ons.

You don't turn down 4* or 5* players at any position at this point. I think 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 TE and 1 whatever, plus a punter.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

arkjay19

They should only be going after superstar players now.  They have numbers in every area except d-line and linebackers, but they had already loaded up in those positions the last two years.

kkparks_3

I must have been sleeping, who's #20?  There are only 19 on the stickied commit list.

Thanks
Go Hogs !!!

tophawg19

1 more o-lineman . 4 should be a minimum every year . o-lineman need time more than any other position so 4 is a necessity . with 5 on odd years after all nothing good happens without good linemen. d-line needs 1 more lb is always a need . maybe someone who can play both strong safety/ weak side lb and a cornerback although i think 1 rb can play both positions .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

doublep

Quote from: kkparks_3 on August 13, 2007, 04:47:17 pm
I must have been sleeping, who's #20?  There are only 19 on the stickied commit list.

Thanks
That sticked list has 2 #16s, so there are really 20 on there. We've been at 20 for a week or 2 now, with Josh Tatum being the most recent.

donthaveone

So Far we have

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
3 Oline
2 DT
1 LB
1 Saftey
3 CB

I think it looks like this (per Rivals)

DL-2 Smith and Askew, need a rush end and 1 more DT
LB-2 Basmine Jones and Jelani Smith, maybe 1 more
S-2 Guy and Battle, ok here, but Battle could be the 3rd LB (like Franklin)
SE-4 Warren 3 and Cruz, Wright may play both ways, need Adams.
OL-3 Hall, Eoff and Tatum, need 1 more.
CB-2 Okpura, Robinson, maybe Wright need 2 more (? Adams)
QB-2 Pick and Youngblood, good here
RB-3 Shuler, Curtis and Thomas (great shape here)

Looks ok, main need is A TE and best available players.

kkparks_3

Quote from: doublep on August 13, 2007, 04:57:05 pm
Quote from: kkparks_3 on August 13, 2007, 04:47:17 pm

Thanks
That sticked list has 2 #16s, so there are really 20 on there. We've been at 20 for a week or 2 now, with Josh Tatum being the most recent.

Josh Tatum.  Thanks doublep, that's the one I missed.
Go Hogs !!!

FBPLAYER65

1-2 LB's, 1-2 TE's, 1 WR, 1 OL, 2 DL, maybe another DB. We'll sign around 28.