Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DC Ranking Thought

Started by PigWig, August 08, 2007, 09:25:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigWig

I wonder if Rivals raised D'Anthony Curtis's ranking because he committed to Arkansas.  Think about it.  It looks good for Rivals when prospects they have ranked highly go on and have success at the next level.  It is obvious that a good running back thrives in the Arkansas system (See DMac and FJ).

Does anyone else think that DC's recent ranking increase may have something to do with the fact that he will come in as one of the featured backs at a school with a traditionally strong rushing offense?

Just a thought.

(This is in no way intended to demerit Curtis's on the field and camp performances and I am happy he is a Hog.)

Adam Stokes

It would make sense.  We'll see if your theory is correct once Thomas Shuler's star ranking is updated.  I'd say 5.7 or higher and I have to give you a pat on the back.

Hogstocking

It's doubtful IMO.  JC Shurtburtt had Curtis on his 'just missed the cut list' for the last Rivals 100, before he commited to Arkansas.

saywhat?

Quote from: PigWig on August 08, 2007, 09:25:04 am
I wonder if Rivals raised D'Anthony Curtis's ranking because he committed to Arkansas.  Think about it.  It looks good for Rivals when prospects they have ranked highly go on and have success at the next level.  It is obvious that a good running back thrives in the Arkansas system (See DMac and FJ).

Does anyone else think that DC's recent ranking increase may have something to do with the fact that he will come in as one of the featured backs at a school with a traditionally strong rushing offense?

Just a thought.

(This is in no way intended to demerit Curtis's on the field and camp performances and I am happy he is a Hog.)

Curtis deserves the ranking.

PigWig

Quote from: saywhat? on August 09, 2007, 11:21:56 pm
Quote from: PigWig on August 08, 2007, 09:25:04 am

Just a thought.

Curtis deserves the ranking.

Amityvillehogger

I've seen D. Curtis play for a long time now. He's well deserving..
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Realist

It is worth noting that Curtis has been moved from the All purpose back to the pure Running back category on rivals.