Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jameel Owens

Started by rzrbckfan426, August 01, 2007, 01:31:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbckfan426

Anybody heard anything new on this guy?   I knew that he visited the campus a few weeks back or whatever.  It seems like we are really signing a ton of WR's but its hard to pass up on one of the top players out of Muskogee.  From what I've read he sounds a lot like monk except a few inches shorter.

Tomhog™

Arkansas is still on Jameel.  Their first target is Joe Adams, their second is Jameel.  If they get one or both, it could be one of the best WR recruiting classes in the nation.

slopinhogs

best WR recruiting class in the country. WHY! WHAT FOR! HOW COME! :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Wingo Hog

i wouldnt worry about getting both. Jameel is more than likely OU bound. i worried about just getting one right now.

jpenrod1

Quote from: slopinhogs on August 01, 2007, 02:07:00 pm
best WR recruiting class in the country. WHY! WHAT FOR! HOW COME! :razorback:

Makes you think we might actually pass this year doesnt it. all signs are pointing that way, and i hope so.

piggingout

I was watching youngblood throw and he's got a big arm, and it sounds like there is going to be some welcomed competition between him and Pick.  I think between those two and Nathan Dick, we will have a solid qb step up, so we will need some receivers.  I wish we would get Joe, but as for Jameel, I agree he is going to OU.

Hogstocking

Although Owens (ranked No. 4 in the Midlands by Scout.com) he doesn't have a favorite, he admits that Florida, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Arkansas are significantly on his mind lately.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/666962.html

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 10, 2007, 04:25:17 pm
Although Owens (ranked No. 4 in the Midlands by Scout.com) he doesn't have a favorite, he admits that Florida, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Arkansas are significantly on his mind lately.

I talked to Jameel last night. Look for Tuesday's column.

jackflash

Richard thanks for your work.  See if you can find out anything on La kids who are considering us?

aaron_c

I would be willing to bet that if we got at least one of these guys, we would pass a lot more than we have been.  With a playmaker like these guys are alone, you have to get them the ball- but with all the other guys we have coming in with them, it will be tough for defenses to just double-cover one of these guys, because they'd be leaving another good receiver open.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I was kind of hoping that we would get the "Muskogee Two for One Deal" with Owens and McGee.  Are they going to try to head to the same school or is where the the other one goes a non-factor?

Landonhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 10, 2007, 09:47:45 pm

Did anyone see this? 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Landonhog on August 15, 2007, 01:15:13 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 10, 2007, 09:47:45 pm

Did anyone see this? 

I did not see anything in his column.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The Recruiting Guy

He plans to cut his list soon and Arkansas is looking good.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 15, 2007, 01:30:23 pm

See, Richard comes back and good news follows.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Landonhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 15, 2007, 01:30:23 pm

Great!  Thanks... 

I'll try to remember to call that assistant coach I know at Muskogee, and get an update as well...

1longshot

I hear from a friend related to a coach over there that they have three really good prospects.