Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you still feeling good about the jumbo package

Started by Piggfoot, September 30, 2017, 06:29:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

I was hoping we could see Kelly in our base offense for a series at least. 
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

code red

I got to say.  Watching our pass pro.....and Auburn n Bama.  It would be a miracle if Austin doesn't get hurt this year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

31to6

Quote from: code red on September 30, 2017, 06:54:11 pm
I got to say.  Watching our pass pro.....and Auburn n Bama.  It would be a miracle if Austin doesn't get hurt this year.
Hahah they better take a good surgeon to Tuscaloosa. Might have to re-assemble him so they can roll him out on the field in the 2nd half...

factchecker

The steamboat package with Kelley only works if you have the threat of a true RPO.  Kelley would have had a touchdown pass if their defensive back didn't hold Stewart.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bacons Rebellion

Sure. We threw an incomplete pass. The world didn't end.

I didn't like using it on 3rd and 4. If we had used it on 1st and goal from the 2 it would have made more sense.

31to6

Quote from: factchecker on September 30, 2017, 06:57:02 pm
The steamboat package with Kelley only works if you have the threat of a true RPO.  Kelley would have had a touchdown pass if their defensive back didn't hold Stewart.
Would feel better if he didn't have to take the snap in the gun all the time. With his size he should be able to get 2 yards on a QB sneak every time. Would add a wrinkle.

Would also like him to have a quick pass out of the formation. Would keep the safeties honest if we showed it.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: 31to6 on September 30, 2017, 06:59:36 pm
Would feel better if he didn't have to take the snap in the gun all the time. With his size he should be able to get 2 yards on a QB sneak every time. Would add a wrinkle.

Would also like him to have a quick pass out of the formation. Would keep the safeties honest if we showed it.

He doesn't have momentum on a quarterback sneak from under center, only push. Better with a 3-4 yard head start.

31to6

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 30, 2017, 07:03:24 pm
He doesn't have momentum on a quarterback sneak from under center, only push. Better with a 3-4 yard head start.
1) He can get 2 yards behind Ragnow. Hell, he's over 2 yards tall.
2) Not suggesting he never take it in the gun. I see the value of him being able to read and then run. But his first steps are so slow--if the defense is getting penetration he's going to be tackled for a loss, which has happened a couple times now.

JIHawg

Porkchop#1

jm

He looks too slow. I will be surprised if he can be productive as the starter based on the few plays he has been in on. A QB doesn't have to be super fast but he does have to have the footwork to get the ball out.

fullfan

All I know is if CK is the starter next year expect a lot more shotgun.  He is not mobile enough to operate under center the entire game.   Not a knock he may have a rocket arm and pick apart defenses. 

10thPlanet

No, never did. I don't like using what is likely our starting QB for work our RB's can do from the Wild Hog formation.

hogginbama

Quote from: jm on September 30, 2017, 08:40:56 pm
He looks too slow. I will be surprised if he can be productive as the starter based on the few plays he has been in on. A QB doesn't have to be super fast but he does have to have the footwork to get the ball out.

Last QB we had that was slow as you mention was a cat named Ryan. He seemed to do pretty well slinging that pig-skin down the field. Amazing you guys will criticize and write the kid off before he has even started a game next year.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

1highhog

Quote from: hogginbama on October 01, 2017, 01:20:50 am
Last QB we had that was slow as you mention was a cat named Ryan. He seemed to do pretty well slinging that pig-skin down the field. Amazing you guys will criticize and write the kid off before he has even started a game next year.

We had a lot better Oline when Mallet was here, the one we have now will get CK killed this year and next.

BAMA has the ability to legally hurt any player on the opposition at any time.  They know the tricks, the angles, the hurt technique.  That said, Saban sort of likes Bielema.  Bret stood up and repeated what Saban wanted said early in his time here, thus making a friendship.  BAMA and Saban clearly see we aren't a threat to win against them so we will likely be spared.  BAMA will beat us a badly as Saban decides  and then just put the game to bed and say nite, nite.  Please note what BAMA did to Vandy last week.  Saban needed to explain to their coach the pecking order and who to look up to and he did just that.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2017, 10:49:38 am
BAMA has the ability to legally hurt any player on the opposition at any time. They know the tricks, the angles, the hurt technique.  That said, Saban sort of likes Bielema.  Bret stood up and repeated what Saban wanted said early in his time here, thus making a friendship.  BAMA and Saban clearly see we aren't a threat to win against them so we will likely be spared. BAMA will beat us a badly as Saban decides  and then just put the game to bed and say nite, nite.  Please note what BAMA did to Vandy last week.  Saban needed to explain to their coach the pecking order and who to look up to and he did just that.

Agree with the first part in bold.  Second part, not so much.  If Saban gets the chance and he will, he'll bury them neck deep in darn, and then tromp on their head.

I don't expect Austin Allen to finish the game.  Hell, Bama tries to maim QBs.  From my view of our OL, AA's season may even be endangered.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogginbama on October 01, 2017, 01:20:50 am

We have never had a qb as mud footed as Kelley. Yes Mallet was painfully slow.

Boardon Hamsay

This thread seems oddly personal for MMQB. Seems like every other thread about the jumbo package went to the Tavern.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.