Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB HOGS IN SPAIN

Started by hoggyman, June 21, 2016, 08:42:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggyman

Has anyone heard anything about the BB Hogs going to Spain?  I would like to make that trip, but the initial word was sometime in August and that is not long off to plan a trip like that.  Any info would be appreciated.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoggyman on June 21, 2016, 08:42:46 pm
Has anyone heard anything about the BB Hogs going to Spain?  I would like to make that trip, but the initial word was sometime in August and that is not long off to plan a trip like that.  Any info would be appreciated.

Not sure you want Hogville helping you get your itinerary together. Might oughta call the Athletic Department.

J/S
Hogs up! Covid down!

OnTheHillHogFan

I know they are going to be in Madrid and Barcelona. Try to contact the razorback foundation or the athletic department.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

FineAsSwine

Spain trip is Aug. 6-16 with 10 practice days starting on July 25 or 26
Hogs up! Covid down!

OnTheHillHogFan

Read an article on wholehogsports(I think it was by Dudley) that had the dates of each of the 4 games and what cities they will be in.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HognitiveDissonance

I've never been to Spain.

Sivad

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Sivad on June 28, 2016, 01:56:38 am
But do you kinda like the music?

They say the ladies are insane there!

lynbug

Might these games be on the ESPN app?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 29, 2016, 01:58:12 pm
They say the ladies are insane there!

And they sho know how to use it.

They don't abuse it; never gonna lose it.

I cain't refuse it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The_Iceman

Quote from: lynbug on June 29, 2016, 04:05:25 pm
Might these games be on the ESPN app?

Doubt it. We aren't Kentucky.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on June 27, 2016, 10:41:14 pm
I've never been to Spain.
Had to do that, ha.

Heard that song again on the radio the other day. Sometimes my dial is on the '70s on 7' for SiriusXM.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 29, 2016, 04:16:57 pm
Doubt it. We aren't Kentucky.

There is talk of trying to televise some of these. It's mentioned in an article on WholeHog that interviewed a number of SEC coaches about the positives of getting the extra 10 practices and games and the value they bring in terms of bonding, etc.

It's not a done deal, but there is talk of it. Something to do with the SEC Network allowing for more exposure than simply ESPN could give back in the day.

Hope it happens.

Cinco de Hogo

If SEC net doesn't broadcast stuff like this what good are they.  A pickup basketball game out in a cow field will get more viewers than some of the stuff they telecast.

Title IX?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on June 29, 2016, 06:02:21 pm
Had to do that, ha.

Heard that song again on the radio the other day. Sometimes my dial is on the '70s on 7' for SiriusXM.

Mine too.   Great Three Dog Night song, written by Hoyt Axton.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

JIHawg

Going to Spain is a brilliant move by Mike.  These players need to play together, and begin to figure out their roles on the team.  We have lots of new players, so it's a great thing for the coaches to have a few practices and games to see what we have.

Hopefully the new players will live up to the hype and the team will mesh well and have good chemistry.

Dwight_K_Shrute

There is no live event content for SEC net during the summer so why not televise it if there's a way.  I know there are some costs involved but I bet the UofA would even help out.  I would if I were Jeff Long, it's a good way to promote the program and generate some fan interest in what could be a veryw good season so why not get fans back as early as possible.  Send Chuck and whoever the new color guys is going to be over there and let them work the games to get a little experience together.  At the very least stream it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jry04

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 01, 2016, 10:20:04 am
There is no live event content for SEC net during the summer so why not televise it if there's a way.  I know there are some costs involved but I bet the UofA would even help out.  I would if I were Jeff Long, it's a good way to promote the program and generate some fan interest in what could be a veryw good season so why not get fans back as early as possible.  Send Chuck and whoever the new color guys is going to be over there and let them work the games to get a little experience together.  At the very least stream it.
They are 7 hours ahead...

So if they start a game at noon over there it is 5 in the morning here. If they start a game at 6pm over there, then it is right in the middle of the work day here. The amount it would cost to send a crew over there to call and video these games with all of their equipment isn't worth the very few people who would be interested or able to watch it at the odd times. Only Arkansas fans would have any interest in watching it, and most aren't going to skip work to do it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: jry04 on July 01, 2016, 10:27:34 am
They are 7 hours ahead...

So if they start a game at noon over there it is 5 in the morning here. If they start a game at 6pm over there, then it is right in the middle of the work day here. The amount it would cost to send a crew over there to call and video these games with all of their equipment isn't worth the very few people who would be interested or able to watch it at the odd times. Only Arkansas fans would have any interest in watching it, and most aren't going to skip work to do it.

I would but I guess my level of fandom is greater than others.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jry04

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 01, 2016, 10:45:45 am
I would but I guess my level of fandom is greater than others.
Yeah, that is probably it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: jry04 on July 01, 2016, 10:53:42 am
Yeah, that is probably it.

Being independently wealthy helps as well.

GoHogs1091

If you make the trip, and if you are a golfer, then try to make it over to the eastern coast of Spain to Valencia and play El Saler.  El Saler is a 1968 Javier Arana design.  It is Arana's masterpiece.  It could very well be the best golf course in Continental Europe, and it is definitely a Top 100 in the world golf course.

The following is a link to a thread started in 2008 over on another message board with some good pictures of El Saler.  There have been some posts made today in the thread.  One post is by someone who just played El Saler, and here is some of what he posted in the thread.

"First of all I really liked the course, an excellent walkable routing. After a week of visiting other courses both private and resort in Spain I can tell you that already is a treat. Even though it was like 35 degrees."

"The greens and shaping are quite natural and among the best I've seen in Spain. The bunker was another aspect that several mentioned not liking but I also thought it was excellent and worked really well. I played with a guy from the sandbelt in Melbourne who a member at one of the great courses down there and we both agreed that more a couple of the holes in the forest reminded us of the sandbelt. I guess that's quite a compliment."

"In any case it's a great course to visit and a must see in Spain or even Europe for that matter.

+ points:

excellent routing
greens and surrounds
bunkering

very slow rounds when busy (it's a resort course, it's tough and the average hcp is probably 25 hcp)
perhaps conditioning depending on when you visit and what you like, as I mentioned it was playing soft for my liking.

I agree on the excellent holes mentioned above.

I don't think there were any poor holes at all."

Noted golf course Architect, Tom Doak, stated the following in a post he made today on Page 2 of the thread.

"The one feature of the course that sticks out in my mind are the number of greens which are very long back to front and divided left and right by a tier, providing two very narrow targets.  Only a very, very good player would design something like that, and Arana of course was once the Spanish Amateur champion.  Neguri, in the Basque country, has a few similar greens so that must be part of Arana's style."

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,37350.0.html

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 27, 2016, 12:09:41 pm
Spain trip is Aug. 6-16 with 10 practice days starting on July 25 or 26

I wonder if the improved local media coverage will cover some of the practices next week.

RealHog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on July 22, 2016, 09:47:11 am
I wonder if the improved local media coverage will cover some of the practices next week.

They already have to a small degree in Twitter. I wonder if we will get to see a bit more though.