Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just Sonny Weems

Started by Captain Morgan, May 30, 2016, 04:19:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Visiting a friend in Denver, Colorado during memorial day weekend and saw Sonny Weems at the ViewHouse in Denver, Colorado.

I told him it was nice that he was a part of two consective NCAA Tournament teams in 2007 and 2008. He said the SEC was better back then.

He said he's hopeful that tournament appearances for the hogs every year can happen in the near future.

gmarv

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

ricepig

Hawg Red

Pretty much sunsets Sonny's NBA career. Hope our JUCO guys are as good as he was as a Hog.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 14, 2016, 01:39:49 pm
Pretty much sunsets Sonny's NBA career. Hope our JUCO guys are as good as he was as a Hog.

No it doesn't he could improve his game and come back to the Nba after his two year stint overseas.

Hawg Red

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 14, 2016, 07:45:20 pm
No it doesn't he could improve his game and come back to the Nba after his two year stint overseas.

Dude....he's 30. You think he's going to improve at this point? He is what he is.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 14, 2016, 10:07:04 pm
Dude....he's 30. You think he's going to improve at this point? He is what he is.
Yeah he's done in the NBA but I'm glad he is cashing out in Europe.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

rzrbackramsfan

He just has to fix his crossover and he'll be good.

Hawg Red

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 14, 2016, 11:21:45 pm
He just has to fix his crossover and he'll be good.

You might be on to something.......if it were 2004.

yraciv

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 14, 2016, 10:07:04 pm

I'm probably one of the biggest Sonny fans. Watch him some in HS, JUCO, and obviously with the Hogs and pro career, but it's over as far as NBA!  He was one of the most inefficient players in the NBA this year and barely saw the court on a bad team.  He is what he is! The Sonny Weems of the past that could get by on athleticism is gone.  His prime years were wasted in Europe because of the lockout.  He'll still be a good player for Tel Aviv, but he won't ever be back in the NBA and I'm ok with that.

Real question is now what does Ronnie do? Didn't put up big numbers last year in D League comeback and is in twilight of his career as well.  I have no doubt he could go overseas, but he has never had much interest in doing so.

Hawg Red

Quote from: yraciv on June 16, 2016, 02:39:00 pm
I'm probably one of the biggest Sonny fans. Watch him some in HS, JUCO, and obviously with the Hogs and pro career, but it's over as far as NBA!  He was one of the most inefficient players in the NBA this year and barely saw the court on a bad team.  He is what he is! The Sonny Weems of the past that could get by on athleticism is gone.  His prime years were wasted in Europe because of the lockout.  He'll still be a good player for Tel Aviv, but he won't ever be back in the NBA and I'm ok with that.

Real question is now what does Ronnie do? Didn't put up big numbers last year in D League comeback and is in twilight of his career as well.  I have no doubt he could go overseas, but he has never had much interest in doing so.

Ronnie would probably be in the NBA right now as a spot-minute guy if he had any offense ability for today's game. He's a physical defender who could guard 3s and some 4s (maybe some slower 2s?), but he can't shoot or create anything offensively, so he's just been phased out. I think he'll go ahead and retire if he can't get into camp with an NBA team this fall.

OnTheHillHogFan

Ronnie isn't interested in going overseas and he has had offers in the past two years. He played in the D League last year because he still wants to play and if he got a shot in the NBA that was a bonus.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgmasta

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on June 16, 2016, 10:12:14 pm
Ronnie isn't interested in going overseas and he has had offers in the past two years. He played in the D League last year because he still wants to play and if he got a shot in the NBA that was a bonus.

True love of the game.