Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macon and Barfard said....

Started by micali, May 11, 2016, 06:54:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

micali

May 11, 2016, 06:54:54 am Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 05:44:10 pm by micali
Tommy Craft said that he interviewed the two Jucos transfers and they said that if all goes well they will be one and dones.  What?  They feel pretty confident and we need that but they haven't played with the big boys yet.  Let's hope they have a great season but not to great.  ;)

Pork Twain

May 11, 2016, 07:59:52 am #1 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:26:03 am by Pork Twain
I doubt they "says" anything but if they are good enough to be one and dones, then that is good for us.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

onebadrubi

The climate of college basketball makes every player aspire to be a one and done.  Remember Madden said he was one and done?

The fans would love having two one and done's, but that is just not likely. 

labb

That is the attitude they need to have.

The_Iceman

If they are good enough to be one and done, with Hannahs and Kingsley back, we will have a fantastic year.

Barford could be one and done. But I don't see it with Macon. He'd be better off coming back and being the star with at Hannahs gone. If Barford goes too, he'll really have the chance to shine.

Razorbackers

HF#1

And then we will be in the same spot we were this past year.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The_Iceman

Quote from: HF#1 on May 11, 2016, 12:55:27 pm
And then we will be in the same spot we were this past year.

Except we won't have the worst recruiting class in the SEC coming in to replace those players, like we did last year.

azhog10

I also remember Madden saying he was one and done and at worst 2 and done.

poloprince

Quote from: azhog10 on May 11, 2016, 01:12:34 pm
I also remember Madden saying he was one and done and at worst 2 and done.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Nothing wrong with them being confident in their abilities.   :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

micali

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 11, 2016, 07:59:52 am
I doubt they says anything but if they are good enough to be one and dones, then that is good for us.
Well TC said so and I believe him.

Hawg Red

Uh, what's the problem? Players know your draft value typically goes down the older you get and they're already going to be 21 by the time next year's draft rolls around. They will enter their names like Moses did and see where the feedback takes them. I don't get the impression that they will defy NBA feedback and go pro if the verdict is similar to Moses. And if they're first round or solid second round talents, good for them. They should go. If they're good enough to get drafted next year, we probably done had a good year. Will look good for the program to have 3 guys drafted.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 11, 2016, 08:04:29 pm
Uh, what's the problem? Players know your draft value typically goes down the older you get and they're already going to be 21 by the time next year's draft rolls around. They will enter their names like Moses did and see where the feedback takes them. I don't get the impression that they will defy NBA feedback and go pro if the verdict is similar to Moses. And if they're first round or solid second round talents, good for them. They should go. If they're good enough to get drafted next year, we probably done had a good year. Will look good for the program to have 3 guys drafted.
You done made a good post, Red! Lol but good stuff, really. Not sure why their supposed comments garnered another thread being created. As I said in the other one, I'm aiming for the job of CEO in my company next year(their chance of getting drafted is exponentially higher than that but the analogy holds true). Those comments mean basically nothing at this point.

micali

Quote from: BBsTheMan on May 11, 2016, 08:11:10 pm
You done made a good post, Red! Lol but good stuff, really. Not sure why their supposed comments garnered another thread being created. As I said in the other one, I'm aiming for the job of CEO in my company next year(their chance of getting drafted is exponentially higher than that but the analogy holds true). Those comments mean basically nothing at this point.
Sorry didn't see any threads on this. Don't think it's any kind of big deal just thought it was interesting. They sound confident and we need that on this team.  Your right, those words mean absolutely nothing but it's the off season so.....

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: micali on May 11, 2016, 09:30:07 pm
Sorry didn't see any threads on this. Don't think it's any kind of big deal just thought it was interesting. They sound confident and we need that on this team.  Your right, those words mean absolutely nothing but it's the off season so.....
No worries, just didn't want anyone freaking out over it and already thinking we are scrambling next off season. There aren't other threads devoted to the topic, it's just been mentioned inside other ones.

Yes, it is the off season and unlike last year, it's one we can sit back and enjoy  ;D

hoghappy

Maybe Scotty can remind you them of thinking more highly of themselves than they ought.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: micali on May 11, 2016, 06:54:54 am
Tommy Craft said that he interviewed the two Jucos transfers and they said that if all goes well they will be one and dones.
Sounds like two more who won't be contributing anything to the Razorback Foundation after they finish playing.

3kgthog

The only reply their statement requires is a chuckle.

Pork Twain

Quote from: micali on May 11, 2016, 02:25:36 pm
Well TC said so and I believe him.
Just giving you a hard time for what you says.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FineAsSwine

I hope what they are saying comes true, would be one exciting season. If not, welcome back and become even better for the next season.
Hogs up! Covid down!

micali

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 12, 2016, 06:25:44 am
Just giving you a hard time for what you says.
I know. I corrected that. I thought that didn't sound right. 

rude1

That means nothing today, the mindset of about all these kids are that they are headed to "the league", even DII players believe they have one n done potential.

The_Bionic_Pig

Barford has some serious game and is most likely the best player on the roster (including the ones returning)

A run in the big dance and he is indeed gone.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogwood

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 12, 2016, 01:52:27 pm
Barford has some serious game and is most likely the best player on the roster (including the ones returning)

A run in the big dance and he is indeed gone.

It could happen, especially considering that Barford just had a daughter in 2015.

razoredge178

Yah Macon said twice in an interview how he always wanted to play in Bud Walton Arena.

...never said a thing about wanting to be a HOG.

micali

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 12, 2016, 04:41:37 pm
Yah Macon said twice in an interview how he always wanted to play in Bud Walton Arena.

I heard that as well.  Didn't register until you said this.  I'm sure it's nothing but it's interesting.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Lol

klp1

May 12, 2016, 06:31:13 pm #28 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:42:42 pm by klp1

.  Macon is about "all hog" as you can get

razoredge178

Quote from: klp1 on May 12, 2016, 06:31:13 pm
.  Macon is about "all hog" as you can get

Yah that's why he's already got his exit strategy for approx. 10 months from now.

Good call.

PonderinHog

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 13, 2016, 08:32:15 am
Yah that's why he's already got his exit strategy for approx. 10 months from now.

Good call.
So Bobby Portis wasn't all Hog either ??? 

The_Iceman

Good call.

navyhog24

Good call.

razoredge178

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 13, 2016, 08:36:22 am
So Bobby Portis wasn't all Hog either ???

Who's talking about Portis? Ponder along now.

razoredge178

PonderinHog

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 13, 2016, 08:52:20 am
Exactly! That's what I thought after hearing the interview..
I'm pretty sure he's reaching out to you in that post.

razoredge178

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 13, 2016, 09:04:18 am
I'm pretty sure he's reaching out to you in that post.

I'm pretty sure you've missed the boat here...now ponder along somewhere else.

PonderinHog

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 13, 2016, 09:05:29 am
I'm pretty sure you've missed the boat here...now ponder along somewhere else.
You sure haven't missed your boat...

Let that "sink" in.

JayBell

Another year with Arkansas losing 4 of 5 starters and 6-7 players overall.  So 17-18 is going to be fun.

The_Iceman

Quote from: JayBell on May 13, 2016, 09:14:05 am
Another year with Arkansas losing 4 of 5 starters and 6-7 players overall.  So 17-18 is going to be fun.

The only starters for sure gone are Hannahs and Kingsley. Barford is probably about 50/50, depending on how truly good he is. 10-12 ppg, he's staying. 15-18 ppg, I think he'll go. I'll put Macon's chances of leaving at around 5%.

razoredge178

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 13, 2016, 10:04:52 am
The only starters for sure gone are Hannahs and Kingsley. Barford is probably about 50/50, depending on how truly good he is. 10-12 ppg, he's staying. 15-18 ppg, I think he'll go. I'll put Macon's chances of leaving at around 5%.

Interesting. Macon has a 100% plan to be gone in 10 months. You two should roundtable your numbers and straighten things out.

azhog10

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 13, 2016, 10:11:08 am
Interesting. Macon has a 100% plan to be gone in 10 months. You two should roundtable your numbers and straighten things out.
Ky Madden also had a 100% plan to be a one and done, then changed his statement to two and done and ended up playing all four years here........

The_Iceman

Quote from: razoredge178 on May 13, 2016, 10:11:08 am

It amazes me that this doesn't make sense to you. If Macon comes in and is the next Buddy Hield, then sure, he is gone. If he is the next Stef Welsh or Ky Madden, then he'll probably be here another year.

Sure, his plan is to come in and score 20 ppg and go to the NBA. And if he did, we will be great and he will have earned that. But that plan may not come true.

JayBell

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 13, 2016, 10:23:16 amIt amazes me that this doesn't make sense to you. If Macon comes in and is the next Buddy Hield, then sure, he is gone. If he is the next Stef Welsh or Ky Madden, then he'll probably be here another year.

Sure, his plan is to come in and score 20 ppg and go to the NBA. And if he did, we will be great and he will have earned that. But that plan may not come true.

I see your point, but when you've got a player coming in with that attitude, then it's an uphill battle to get him to stay.  Sure, Madden wanted to go pro early and ended up staying, but I'll never feel secure about a player staying after Olu Famutimi.

Remember Courtney Fortson and B.J. Young?  When a player wants to go, they go, projections be darned.

The_Iceman

Quote from: JayBell on May 13, 2016, 10:41:00 am
I see your point, but when you've got a player coming in with that attitude, then it's an uphill battle to get him to stay.  Sure, Madden wanted to go pro early and ended up staying, but I'll never feel secure about a player staying after Olu Famutimi.

Remember Courtney Fortson and B.J. Young?  When a player wants to go, they go, projections be darned.

But Macon, as a man, is nothing like Fortson or Young.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 13, 2016, 10:43:34 am
But Macon, as a man, is nothing like Fortson or Young.
And didn't BJ play two seasons?

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on May 13, 2016, 10:47:41 am
And didn't BJ play two seasons?

Yep, and we'll probably get the same from Macon. The transition isn't going to be as easy and Macon thinks it will be.

PonderinHog

It's been awhile.  Did Fortson have a choice?   I thought he basically wore out his welcome.

onebadrubi

It doesn't take a very bright individual like yourself to see that those two things are one in and of the same things. 

If a player is interviewed and he says growing up he always wanted to play in Bud Walton, well that is telling you he grew up wanting to be a hog. 

razoredge178

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 13, 2016, 11:07:00 am
It doesn't take a very bright individual like yourself to see that those two things are one in and of the same things. 

If a player is interviewed and he says growing up he always wanted to play in Bud Walton, well that is telling you he grew up wanting to be a hog.

Had you heard the interview you might have a different perspective.