Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingsley Update

Started by Ccwaziya, May 02, 2016, 10:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ccwaziya

Moses does not get combine invite!!!...Should be back for senior year with the Hogs!!!

Porked Tongue

azhog10

Still hope we can find a GT that can give us a third body. May not need it though with Cook. But I still like the idea.

Razorbackers

Pump the brakes, kids. There's always Europe. Is MK wants to make money playing ball right now instead of 1 year from now, he's gonna.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Razorbackers on May 02, 2016, 10:48:37 pm
Pump the brakes, kids. There's always Europe. Is MK wants to make money playing ball right now instead of 1 year from now, he's gonna.

No I agree with what someone else said he will develop more for the hogs than he ever would playing against what overall would be inferior copmpetition...I know not all overseas players but we know by in large the avg talent here is vastly superior to overseas Plus his gf is here.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on May 02, 2016, 10:38:17 pm
Still hope we can find a GT that can give us a third body. May not need it though with Cook. But I still like the idea.
Quote from: Jonteviosk on May 03, 2016, 01:28:39 am
No I agree with what someone else said he will develop more for the hogs than he ever would playing against what overall would be inferior copmpetition...I know not all overseas players but we know by in large the avg talent here is vastly superior to overseas Plus his gf is here.

I totally agree.  Lets go get us a 6'8+ 240+ lb GT who like mixing it up down low who can help right away.  I have seen Cook and I do not think he will help us down low this year or at least right away.  Because of the way he likes to play, weight and body built he thinks of himself of playing more of a 3/4 than a 4/5 prospect.

Biggus Piggus

Have seen no indication that Kingsley was interested solely in finding any kind of paying basketball job, no matter where.
[CENSORED]!

Letsroll1200

If he leaves the year for International Basketball he will be a very long shot to ever play in the NBA. Moses had a solid season playing next to Miles and Watkins most of the year. The talent at the 4 position has improved and it will benefit Moses big time to have another big that can spread the court to give him room to operate in the paint.

The NBA guys have selected who they would like to come in for a interview. Moses did not get the letter and should return next season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 03, 2016, 08:32:16 am
Have seen no indication that Kingsley was interested solely in finding any kind of paying basketball job, no matter where.

Pretty sure he will be back.

Hawg Red

People that have talked to Moses say he is not interested in going to Europe if he doesn't have to. He wants to play in the NBA. Only makes sense to come back for another year and give next year's a draft a shot.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 03, 2016, 09:23:49 am
People that have talked to Moses say he is not interested in going to Europe if he doesn't have to. He wants to play in the NBA. Only makes sense to come back for another year and give next year's a draft a shot.

He made a huge jump from A to B this past season.  What the NBA most likely wants to see is if he can move from B to C.  Has he topped out or can he improve?  This past year was his first full year as a starter.   He doesn't need to make the same % improvement just keep getting better.  Never discount name recognition or buzz from your team having a successful season and making some noise in the dance. 

In the end not getting an invite may be disappointing for Moses but it's not a bad thing for him if he's not ready and obviously not a bad thing for the team.  Use it as motivation and come back with a full and improved roster next year and go off on the rest of the SEC.  It's lining up to be a fun year why not come back and enjoy it.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HoopS

If he'll work on his free throws he will see an increase in his numbers and interest.

chiefhawg

Just maybe Moses wants to complete his education and then venture out to make a living for himself. Wow, what a novel concept.

zebradynasty

Unless his family financial situation is very tough then it would make zero sense for him to postpone his degree and go play ball in Europe. The fact that he has not signed with an agent proves to me at least that he's looking at this in a logical and prudent way. If he was going to play pro no matter what then he should have hired an agent and put him to work. Ball oversees will still be an option next year if the NBA draft doesn't work.

I know common sense and youth are not best of friends with today's youth but he appears more mature than most. However, no matter his status, UA could use another 6-9 (or taller) enforcer if one can be found (wont be easy).

Biggus Piggus

I have a hard time trusting players to make good decisions about whether to stay in college, for obvious reasons.
[CENSORED]!

rzrbackramsfan

Moses is so prime to dominate in the sec next year.  I can't think of anyone that will be able to slow him, can you?  He's probably going to be drawing a lot of double teams and hasn't been the best at passing out of those, that aspect of his game will have to improve.

Hawg Red

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 03, 2016, 04:16:19 pm
Moses is so prime to dominate in the sec next year.  I can't think of anyone that will be able to slow him, can you?  He's probably going to be drawing a lot of double teams and hasn't been the best at passing out of those, that aspect of his game will have to improve.

He had a pretty tough time vs Egbunu for Florida. He'll be back next season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 03, 2016, 04:43:42 pm

In the NBA, he'll have to go against 7'0" guys like Jordan, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. Those guys have a solid 2-3 inches on Moses and 30+ pounds.

rzrbackramsfan

That's true.  Egbunu bullied Moses in that game.  Moses really was hurt by not having
A pf to bang down low with him, hopefully Dustin Thomas and cook can help out in that regard.  I'd say Thompson but think he's too similar to Moses as to play at the same time.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 03, 2016, 04:49:41 pm
In the NBA, he'll have to go against 7'0" guys like Jordan, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. Those guys have a solid 2-3 inches on Moses and 30+ pounds.

Yea Moses can't hang with those guys.  He has to keep working on his mid range game ball handling and passing to fit in in the nba.  All of those traits except passing, imo, are strong with him as it is. 

I think though that he is going to be dominant on the boards and in the post.  Also at taking big men off the dribble.  It should be a pretty big leap if he puts in the work.

latrops

If he has his mind set to go somewhere and get paid no matter what, it is likely that he would have already signed an agent and made his intentions known.  He has deliberately maintained his amateur status which proves he at least wants to have the option of coming back.  I don't know what he is going to do, but with the NBA looking like a long shot at best at this point, the odds would certainly suggest that he is coming back for his senior season.  I'd say it is something like 80% chance he comes back, and 20% chance he goes pro somewhere.

Hawg Red

Quote from: latrops on May 04, 2016, 05:45:39 am
If he has his mind set to go somewhere and get paid no matter what, it is likely that he would have already signed an agent and made his intentions known.  He has deliberately maintained his amateur status which proves he at least wants to have the option of coming back.  I don't know what he is going to do, but with the NBA looking like a long shot at best at this point, the odds would certainly suggest that he is coming back for his senior season.  I'd say it is something like 80% chance he comes back, and 20% chance he goes pro somewhere.

Letsroll1200

Egbunu with one hand was a better NBA prospect than Moses Kingsley. Egbunu outworked Moses in that game and it wasn't even close. Moses should return to school and improve his game.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 03, 2016, 08:32:16 am
If the narrative all along were he is looking for money this year to play ball in Europe, then I would think an agent would have been in play from the jump.  This looks like he just wanted to get feedback from the NBA which is really a smart move on his part.

Biggus Piggus

Still afraid some two-bit agent type will throw money at him and persuade him to make a bad decision. Keeps happening.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 04, 2016, 02:20:30 pm
Still afraid some two-bit agent type will throw money at him and persuade him to make a bad decision. Keeps happening.

I am praying he doesn't do anything foolish.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

I'm hoping he comes back. Maybe Mike needs to talk to Bret about how to re-recruit star player, like CBB did on Flowers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HoopS

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 04, 2016, 03:08:24 pm
I'm hoping he comes back. Maybe Mike needs to talk to Bret about how to re-recruit star player, like CBB did on Flowers.
uh. Buddha, Henry and Kirkland say hello.

azhog10

Quote from: HoopS on May 04, 2016, 03:26:25 pm
Add J.Williams and Philon as well. JWILL had a reason to go with being injured but he could've come back. Alvin Bailey left the start of CBB being hired with a year left.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on May 04, 2016, 10:21:22 am
Egbunu with one hand was a better NBA prospect than Moses Kingsley. Egbunu outworked Moses in that game and it wasn't even close. Moses should return to school and improve his game.

You're right, they're different kinds centers and Moses really needs a big bulky 4 to add muscle downlow, but we'll see.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: azhog10 on May 04, 2016, 04:57:55 pm
Add J.Williams and Philon as well. JWILL had a reason to go with being injured but he could've come back. Alvin Bailey left the start of CBB being hired with a year left.

He got j will to stick around first time around, also he could've recruited more people to say that we don't know about.

azhog10

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 04, 2016, 08:33:56 pm
He got j will to stick around first time around, also he could've recruited more people to say that we don't know about.
Maybe, but doesn't explain Philon, Kirkland, Collins, or Henry. Yeah they were drafted but so was Portis. We also lose guys to transfer all the time McKay, Brown, JoJo, and many many more. Not much is made of that.

songofthesword

Moses is a NBA traditional power forward he doesn't have the frame for center. He'll be guarding guys like Thompson, green, milsap and Griffin which he can do reasonable wel!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 03, 2016, 11:01:46 am
I have a hard time trusting players to make good decisions about whether to stay in college, for obvious reasons.
One of the smartest statements I've read on here. My sentiments exactly
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Lanny

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 04, 2016, 02:20:30 pm
I don't think that will happen.  Last I heard Moses will be back
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The Hogfather

Quote from: Lanny on May 05, 2016, 07:24:39 am
I don't think that will happen.  Last I heard Moses will be back

Him coming back is very important for continuity in our program.  We cannot continue to lose guys like Qualls/Fortson/Young.  I can stomach guys like Portis/Johnson.  I feel like since Nolan left, we have been cursed by the early departures by players who either think the grass is greener at some other program or by players who think they're going to go make the big bucks in professional basketball, when they are more likely to end up getting 10 minutes a game in the D League.  Those guys who are more likely to end up getting 10 minutes a game in the D League could really help our team.  Think how much better Qualls would've made us last season.

jry04

Quote from: songofthesword on May 05, 2016, 04:48:02 am
Moses is a NBA traditional power forward he doesn't have the frame for center. He'll be guarding guys like Thompson, green, milsap and Griffin which he can do reasonable wel!
You serious? I love Moses, and think he has a future in basketball. However, what did you see this year that makes you think he has the ability to guard NBA power forwards? He was abused for most of the season when guarding his opponent, even no-name guys from teams like GT and Akron. Akron's backup PF bullied Moses. Do not mistake being able to block shots on help defense for playing good defense. Just about every scouting report that you read says Moses needs to work on his defense. At this point, Moses is an average at best defender. He does have the ability to step out and guard the perimeter reasonably well for his size at times, but he did not show this year to be able to hold an adequate PF/C in check for most of the game. When teams needed a bucket, they were able to attack Moses for one.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jry04 on May 05, 2016, 09:01:42 am
You serious? I love Moses, and think he has a future in basketball. However, what did you see this year that makes you think he has the ability to guard NBA power forwards? He was abused for most of the season when guarding his opponent, even no-name guys from teams like GT and Akron. Akron's backup PF bullied Moses. Do not mistake being able to block shots on help defense for playing good defense. Just about every scouting report that you read says Moses needs to work on his defense. At this point, Moses is an average at best defender. He does have the ability to step out and guard the perimeter reasonably well for his size at times, but he did not show this year to be able to hold an adequate PF/C in check for most of the game. When teams needed a bucket, they were able to attack Moses for one.

I agree Moses is not the best at guarding in the post area but neither was anyone else playing the 4 and 5 spot.  I hope Scotty of someone will do a better job of teaching defensive positioning and leverages when guarding their man in the Post area.   Is Watkins the man who develops our big men?

zebradynasty

I don't see Moses as a center in the NBA. Although his interior defense is suspect he has the footwork and athleticism to guard out on the perimeter. At times it seems over his career that Moses is like new to basketball and is still learning (like every college player) but once he is exposed to something and works on it he improves very fast. Several times this year he switch on a pick and ended up on a guard. Moses got down in a good stance moved his feet reach in without losing balance stole the ball and drove the length of the court for a layup. Most true NBA centers can't do that. So I think he's a power forward at the next level. The fact that he's 6-9 and not a large frame makes it hard for me to see him as a NBA center.

latrops

Quote from: jry04 on May 05, 2016, 09:01:42 am

I think too often Moses had to focus on avoiding fouls, which made him appear soft or ineffective on defense.  Certainly, he needs to get better at defending without fouling, but having more interior help should free him up to be aggressive without being so concerned with picking up a foul.

Porked Tongue

He is still going to work out for some teams. This isn't over yet.

azhog10

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 05, 2016, 09:47:20 pm
Isnt he limited to two teams? I thought there was something written that said he can work out for two teams and that was it.

ShadowHawg

Yeah but it sure lessens the odds quite a bit. The saying is that it only takes one team to like you, but if you can only work out for two instead of the whole field, it shouldn't work for a players benefit you wouldn't think.

jry04

Quote from: HoopS on May 04, 2016, 03:26:25 pm
Kirkland is the only one of those 3 that needed to come back. The others made the right decision...

Before you come back and say AC fell in the draft, you need to look at the players ahead of him next year. He had a poor combine, but was considered a top 5 RB prospect this year before the combine. Next year's class is loaded.

The only way I could see this hurting us is if the NBA team comes back and says "you will probably never make the NBA" or "you will never be any better than a 2nd round pick." Then it may push him towards going the international route. He is smart for going to try out for Boston, though. They currently have 8 picks in the upcoming draft, so why not workout for the team who has the most picks? I would love to see the statistics on how many players never received an invite or added to alternate list for NBA Combine, but still end up drafted.

husker71

some say it is better not to be drafted late in the draft because then every team can invite you to their camp     

HoopS

Just thinking out loud but I would think he's working out with them in order to get an assessment from them. If he is only seen by a couple teams, I cannot imagine he or anyone around him would advise him to sign with an agent. To do so is really rolling the dice on these few teams to be blown away and pick him up. None of the others will use a pick on someone they didn't personally work out and interview.

DeltaBoy

I hope he plays it smart and comes back and plays for the Hogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

just tweeted he's coming back
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

amen...  we keep Moses
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.