Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Hog related but the highs and lows of 24 hours in Houston sports...

Started by island hog, November 02, 2017, 04:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

island hog

The Astros win the World Series Championship after forever in Pergatory and just when the Texans look like they are turning the corner again, Deshaun Watson tears his ACL in practice today.  My football season is a wreck...

jvanhorn

Quote from: island hog on November 02, 2017, 04:18:39 pm
The Astros win the World Series Championship after forever in Pergatory and just when the Texans look like they are turning the corner again, Deshaun Watson tears his ACL in practice today.  My football season is a wreck...

Your problem is you seem to be Texas azz kisser.  I never, ever under any circumstances root for anyone or any team that represents that arm pit of a state.  I am still mad at the Mexicans for losing that war.

woodrow hog call

Wow, that is too bad, I hate it worse for the young guys like him that are just scratching the surface of what they could be. I hope he recovers fully, and goes on to be the star that he can be.

It was a very entertaining World Series though, and I'm glad Houston won.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

dacman22

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 02, 2017, 04:24:01 pm
Your problem is you seem to be Texas azz kisser.  I never, ever under any circumstances root for anyone or any team that represents that arm pit of a state.  I am still mad at the Mexicans for losing that war.
Seems to be an intelligent perspective

island hog

Hey dumbass... I grew up in Galveston and lived nearly my entire life in Texas.  My folks were born and raised in Arkansas and had uncles who played college football there .  Have numerous relatives who graduated from UA and I may be the most rabid Hog fan you'll have ever met.  I graduated from the University of Texas and wore my hog hat to every single damn football game they played... on the other hand, some of the finest people I've ever known were born and raised here.  I have many friends who love travelling to and vacationing in Arkansas and take their families there every year.  So, you must not have spent much time along the Texas gulf coast or in the Houston area or Austin or San Antonio cause if you did, you wouldn't spew such crap.  The state of Texas is more than a friggin' longhorn...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: island hog on November 02, 2017, 04:18:39 pm

Is this pergatory place anything like the Purgatory ski resort?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

factchecker

A former Razorback (Dallas Keuchel) won the world series with the Astros.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Gonzo

I always enjoy a temperate, thoughtful, reasonable discussion.

I loathe the evil baby-puke orange empire, but, having lived in DFW since the early 90s, there is much to like about the state.  Can some Texans be obnoxious and annoying? Certainly, but, as I've been reminded just in the last few minutes, so can some Arkansans.

Go Hogs!

factchecker

Quote from: island hog on November 02, 2017, 04:40:43 pm
I graduated from the University of Texas and wore my hog hat to every single damn football game they played

This is awesome.

You need to get one of these Lone Star Hog flags:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Gonzo

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Martygit

The Ark v. Tex war was a long time ago - I went through it and, at the time, was certainly an anti-Texas Hog fan - can't say I was the same way about every other sports team that was domiciled in Texas and never understood the mindset that felt that way.

Anyway, after the demise of the SWC and the consequent demise of the yearly Ark/Tex showdown, I lost a lot of interest in Texas - didn't and don't really care one way or another.  However, I've spent a lot of time in Texas (my wife being from there) and truly enjoy visiting (it's one of those places that I like to visit but wouldn't want to live there), have some family down there and realize there are some really neat places there.

I was pulling for the Astros from the beginning and don't understand anyone in this part of the country who wouldn't be the same against a team from the left coast - now, maybe if they'd been playing either Kansas City or St Louis (they probably wouldn't be able to do so because of the leagues but I don't know enough about baseball to know that) I would probably have been rooting for KC or StL - but they weren't so I'm really glad Houston won.
RIP OTR, REV

lasthog

elksnort

The heck with the flag. The gal looks quite lovely.

And it is silly to hate on Texas. It is a huge, diverse and productive state.

texas tush hog

Quote from: island hog on November 02, 2017, 04:40:43 pm
Hey dumbass... I grew up in Galveston and lived nearly my entire life in Texas.  My folks were born and raised in Arkansas and had uncles who played college football there .  Have numerous relatives who graduated from UA and I may be the most rabid Hog fan you'll have ever met.  I graduated from the University of Texas and wore my hog hat to every single damn football game they played... on the other hand, some of the finest people I've ever known were born and raised here.  I have many friends who love travelling to and vacationing in Arkansas and take their families there every year.  So, you must not have spent much time along the Texas gulf coast or in the Houston area or Austin or San Antonio cause if you did, you wouldn't spew such crap.  The state of Texas is more than a friggin' longhorn...

Here, Here, dilly,dilly.

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

(notOM)Rebel123

Man, I love the State of Texas. So many cool things. Spent quite a bit of time in the Rio Grande Valley. That being said, I despise UT. Bunch of arrogant jerks. But you gotta respect the pride those folks take in their state (see Houston).

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

NuttinItUp

jvanhorn

Quote from: MartinGit on November 02, 2017, 05:36:16 pm
The Ark v. Tex war was a long time ago - I went through it and, at the time, was certainly an anti-Texas Hog fan - can't say I was the same way about every other sports team that was domiciled in Texas and never understood the mindset that felt that way.

Anyway, after the demise of the SWC and the consequent demise of the yearly Ark/Tex showdown, I lost a lot of interest in Texas - didn't and don't really care one way or another.  However, I've spent a lot of time in Texas (my wife being from there) and truly enjoy visiting (it's one of those places that I like to visit but wouldn't want to live there), have some family down there and realize there are some really neat places there.

I was pulling for the Astros from the beginning and don't understand anyone in this part of the country who wouldn't be the same against a team from the left coast - now, maybe if they'd been playing either Kansas City or St Louis (they probably wouldn't be able to do so because of the leagues but I don't know enough about baseball to know that) I would probably have been rooting for KC or StL - but they weren't so I'm really glad Houston won.

Here is the mindset for you.  Same reason people in Kansas City [royals} hate the people in St. Louis [Cardinals].  Cardinal fans think they are God's gift to baseball.  They are the chosen one.  No one knows more about baseball than Cardinal fans.  They are arrogant and snobbish. [I am sure there are exceptions].
Now substitute Texas for St. Louis and Longhorns for Cardinals.  There is you mindset.

go hogues

Texans don't realize they are afterthoughts to anyone not in Texas or the states that surround it.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Torqued pork

cjack

This isn't a pro Bielema site, but my Long/Bielema Dumb and Dumber video didn't last 10 minutes in the football section. This has been here hours 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

TrueBlue

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 02, 2017, 09:44:07 pm
Here is the mindset for you.  Same reason people in Kansas City [royals} hate the people in St. Louis [Cardinals].  Cardinal fans think they are God's gift to baseball.  They are the chosen one.  No one knows more about baseball than Cardinal fans.  They are arrogant and snobbish. [I am sure there are exceptions].
Now substitute Texas for St. Louis and Longhorns for Cardinals.  There is you mindset.

Even Conservatives would be sensitive to the broad strokes you are painting with.

Been to any rallies lately? Any ethnic group you hate? How about religions, any that you detest?