Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Offense Missing In Action vs Auburn

Started by Mike Irwin, October 23, 2016, 06:08:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

I refuse to lay this loss at the feet of the offense.  Yeah they didn't get anything done but Auburn's defense was tough.  And our defense made the game even tougher by showing early on they could not get a stop.  Even if the offense had scored 30 points we weren't winnng this game the way our defense played.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MountieDawg

Pretty sure everyone but the kicker missed the flight.
SEC!

Grizzlyfan

Obviously we got beat in every phase but the place we were completely overwhelmed was offensive line.

Pigdiana Jones

Offense missing in action? The entire defense missed the flight there!
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

nchogg

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 24, 2016, 11:55:44 am
Offense missing in action? The entire defense missed the flight there!
I have to agree. This was a team loss. I blame the coaches more than the players. It's their job to have them ready and to get their mind right. Petrus is right. He has been their and done that.

DeltaBoy

Mitch Petrus hit the nail on the Head.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.