Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this the worst offensive line we've ever had?

Started by OneLardAlmighty, September 23, 2017, 01:31:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneLardAlmighty

Thinking back through some pretty lean years under Crowe, Ford, and JLS, you know, back before we were O-line U.  I don't ever recall anything quite as bad as this.

LRHawg

aloha_kid

JackTNHogfan

Been watching since 92 or so and I can't remember it ever being this bad.

HognotinMemphis

Last year's O line was not measurably better. They gave up the most sacks in SEC last year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Youngsta71701

I'm sorry but I'm glad we finally pulled clary but Ramirez hasn't been much better at RT. Put Wallace in for Christ sakes! Is he in the dog house or something?!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HamSammich

Ragnow is the best lineman we have at any position. It's criminal that he isn't at left tackle so our lt can play right tackle with Gibson in at rightguard. Criminal.

hog47

The OL coach is plain stupid.  Guys it's obvious we had such drop off last year with our line

Ironhawg

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 01:44:07 pm
Ragnow is the best lineman we have at any position. It's criminal that he isn't at left tackle so our lt can play right tackle with Gibson in at rightguard. Criminal.

What's really scary is we lose Ragnow next season.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: hog47 on September 23, 2017, 01:45:24 pm
The OL coach is plain stupid.  Guys it's obvious we had such drop off last year with our line

The worst part is that we look to be looking at an OL deficit for the next few years, given the fact that our most highly rated recruits of the past couple of years have not panned out.  The OL is not something you can rebuild over night.

ballz2thewall

what size shirt is that that anderson is wearing?
The rest of the frog.

HamSammich

GunnerHawg70

Not good, not good at all...I feel bad for AA, CK, RB's...bad OL play limits your play calling

B Ray

After over 50 years of watching, yes it's the worse

Dr. Starcs

But I thought Kurt Anderson was a master technician

hog47

Looks like the Sumlins job is safe and ours is not

OneLardAlmighty

We cannot drop back into a 5 step drop on any down.  Amazing.  Once we fall behind and have to throw.  A & M will finish with a dozen sacks.

Knot2brite

Some of the problem is that the backs aren't making their blocks either...yeah the o line gets their fair share of the blame but a lot of the pressure is coming from the outside where the backs aren't maintaining their blocks
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Superham

hog47

Should be using a 2 step drop for the quick hit pass completions and that openshe the run game

aloha_kid

Quote from: hog47 on September 23, 2017, 02:04:02 pm
Should be using a 2 step drop for the quick hit pass completions and that openshe the run game

Bingo ... Get the TE involved.